Thread: Just a 'Thank you'...

Just a 'Thank you'...

I just wanted to thank everyone who helped me on Saturday. When something like this happens, you find out who your true friends are. My bike is pretty totalled... and my shoulder is broken and the ligaments torn. But my heart, is well intact.
    I know I passed out from the pain.... several times. Everytime I woke I saw everyone's faces and knew everything was going to be OK. A HUGE thanks to Jay and Will for driving my wrecked bike all the way back to my house in BFE... I can't believe you guys did that. Seriously... I can't thank you enough.
    Jim,,, you know I love you. You went over and beyond boyfriend duty when you not only ran all over creation for me; You talked to my family, bathed and dressed me, and took care of me all night. Thanks sweetie.
    Everyone else who was there, please know I appreciate everything. As soon as I get healed and get a new bike... I'll be back out there. Until then I think I'll come out now and again just to sit and visit.
    The Guys in the ambulance were such sweethearts. They were very attentive and kind. They kept my dignity intact, saved my leathers from being cut, and only had to stick me 4 times til they got a vein... (giggle). Seriously, they were awesome. Even the police officer was a great guy. I know, I know..... but he really was.
    Anyway, I owe you all big time. I can only hope you know that I would so be there for you too if you should ever need me.
    Thanks,
    Tamara
    Hey! I'm unique... just like everybody else

Re: Just a 'Thank you'...

Sorry to hear you got so banged up. Hope you have a full and speedy recovery.
    Buy the bike back from insurance and make it a track bike, it looked easily repairable, mostly plastics and some controls.

Good luck

T,
    girl, get well quick, definitely not gonna be the same without seeing you on two wheels!!!!! Lemme know if you ever need anything.

So sorry to hear this bad news

Just before I left IMI you were lapping me

And you were starting to look so much better right before you crashed. Any idea exactly what happened? Panic brake over the hill?
    2018 Ducati Panigale V4s -- Stock
    2017 Nissan Titan XD -- Stock
    2009 BMW 135i -- Far from Stock
    1966 Brechcraft Super III Musketeer -- Stock

Tamera,
    I was very sorry to see you go down on Saturday. It sounds as though you are as repairable as the bike. All you both need is a little TLC.
    I look forward to seeing you out riding again.

-Doug
    Doug Labout Sr.
    Semper Fi
    MRA Novice #379
    Low Vagueness racing

Tamara,
    See...http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=14107 a fellow CSCer already wants your bike.
    I didn't know if you were going to part ways with your bike until you hear from the insurance.

-Doug
    Doug Labout Sr.
    Semper Fi
    MRA Novice #379
    Low Vagueness racing

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

damn girl! what happened? other than the obvious of you wrecking, track day? street ride? either way i'm relieved to hear that you are okay. i'm not too far from you, if you need anything let me know.
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

G'luck with your recovery Tamara. I guess I got enough of the story to know the important parts. Glad to hear you had good people around you at the time!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    damn girl! what happened? other than the obvious of you wrecking, track day? street ride? either way i'm relieved to hear that you are okay. i'm not too far from you, if you need anything let me know.
    At IMI...... I wasn't out on the track when it happened so I will leave the details to T if she wants to share what happened.

On another note, big thanks to Jayock (Justin) for coming out and helping all of us out with tools and advice.

Glad to hear your ok

Get better real soon
    Last edited by M-18Taser; Mon Jun 25th, 2007 at 11:09 AM.
    You may not like me for who or what I stand for, but who the hell are you to judge me???
    DPO is now in the HOUSE!!!!

ummmm, let's see. Went over the blind hill... which isn't too bad of a turn... so I was focusing on setting up for the next turn....which had a rivet in the middle of the turn. I was going on the inside of it all day so I was setting up to try to go on the outside. I was so focused on the next turn that before I realized it, I was off line for the original turn. I saw the edge coming and I turned hard... front tire still went off the track and smack.... I saw my bike flip over in front of me and every flip I made I wondered..."is it over yet"? When I finally stopped, the pain in my shoulder was unbearable.... the rest is known...

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

:-| That sucks chic! At least you are ok enough that you are posting up.
    Like someone else said, if it isn't bad, buy it back from insurance and fix it yourself! I still have a right side fairing and a front fender too
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Justin.... did you get your pucks back??? I don't know where my leathers are.... I'll get them back to you if they are on there... if not, let me know how much I owe you!

Mel.. thanks... I don't know what I am doing yet. I know I'm broke though, so we'll see how much everything is going to cost me...

That sucks to hear. Good luck with the healing, and if you choose, getting back in the saddle. Took me a long time. IMI gets pretty dirty because of the lax restrictions, so I try and pull off track or walk out, wait for a gap and go clean up the spot.

Lol. No worries on the pucks, I gave those to you to keep, they are to thin for me to use anymore, ill wear them clear though in one race. Ive got several sets of newer, much thicker pucks that ill stick with.

P.S. You were supposed to tell people that YOU ground them down that far. Way to blow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayock View Post
    Lol. No worries on the pucks, I gave those to you to keep, they are to thin for me to use anymore, ill wear them clear though in one race. Ive got several sets of newer, much thicker pucks that ill stick with.

P.S. You were supposed to tell people that YOU ground them down that far. Way to blow it.

LOL!!! I blew more than just that!!!!! ( get your mind outta the gutter folks)

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    At IMI...... I wasn't out on the track when it happened so I will leave the details to T if she wants to share what happened.

On another note, big thanks to Jayock (Justin) for coming out and helping all of us out with tools and advice.
    No problem man. I had the bikes out at PMP today. That K7 can get up and move on that straight. 180+ indicated (so whatever that is in real MPH, but regardless hauling ass). Makes for a real interesting brake procedure entering T1. Scared me pretty decent a few times, didnt think I could stop in time. But all ended up ok in the end, just needed to get used to the sensation. A bit different than the 600 in just about every aspect (and by a bit, I mean a lot)

T,
    Glad you are doin better and on the puter, send some pictures of your bike when you are up to it to myself or GhostRider so we can see what it will take to start the bikes healing process. Glad you are ok!!!