View Poll Results: What did Miladin do?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Was unable to get up and thought he needed medical help

4 26.67%
  • Knew he could lay there until a RED FLAG would stop the race

11 73.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How smart is Miladin? (and does he have any ethics?)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question How smart is Miladin? (and does he have any ethics?)

As I recall, Miladin has regained the race in better position after a RED FLAG in other races. On race 2 of a double hitter at Miller last weekend he high sided and caused a red flag.

So he was leading the race and crashed... what do you you think Miladin was thinking before he got up?
    1. He crashed hard and thought he might be seriously hurt and needed an ambulance.
    2. Pretended he was seriously hurt long enough to get the red flag, then amazingly felt better, knew he could run back to the pits, get his team to fix his bike, and might get to restart with fresh tires, leathers, and another chance?

Re: How smart is Miladin? (and does he have any ethics?)

This poll is absolutely moronic. He crashed exiting turn 1 over 100 mph. Speed replayed it more than enough times to show the impact of the highside. He was dazed, shocked and in pain immediately following. The bike and the rider were in an impact zone which called for the red flag. The ambulance is a precautionary measure. Of course he is going to try and get back in the race once he realized he was not seriously injured! To suggest that he pretended to be hurt shows how clueless you are.

oh and its Mladin, not Miladin....and he went back out wearing the crashed leathers and the crew did not have time to change out his front tire.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Well my apologies for misspelling the name...

The poll may be stupid, but I think it is safe to say you pick #1.

All I am saying was from where I was sitting in the grandstands it looked very bad until the red flag was shown. It was a big high side and I was very scared when he didn't get up quickly. Soon as the ambulance showed he got better very quick however. He refused the stretcher and climbed in on his own. Bostrom crashed on the same corner the day before and it too as a big high side. With a broken arm he was able to get up and out of the way resulting in only a yellow flag.

It's not like this isn't any different than many other professional sports where many play the rules to their advantage. I just think Mladin is no dummy and knew what to do and how to do it, dazed or not.

Obviously a different opinion...

in my momma's basement of the singel wide

I'm with Jim on this one--time to shut this stupid post down. Oh, yeah, your last AMA race was when?
    the racing lawyer

Fighting on forums is like winning the Special Olympics!

MRA #442: NUM Marketing, SR-Tuning, Bashed Bikes, the former Morse Racing, Vanmar Racing, Michelin, Bijou Tattoo, the former 4-Play Motorsports, JDH Welding (aka Dallas).

Quote Originally Posted by mushin_man39 View Post
    I'm with Jim on this one--time to shut this stupid post down. Oh, yeah, your last AMA race was when?
    You may not agree with the content of the post, but censorship?
    Just curious, what is your AMA #

wow, so much for opinions. Mladin knew what he was doing, read his post race interview. AMA is joke anyways. just change the name to suzuki cup. how bad is it when the guy can restart the race in last and end the race in second? i know mladin is an incredible racer, but there is no competition for his bike..........flame on

MRA #442 AMA #194181, is that what you meant?
    the racing lawyer

MRA #442: NUM Marketing, SR-Tuning, Bashed Bikes, the former Morse Racing, Vanmar Racing, Michelin, Bijou Tattoo, the former 4-Play Motorsports, JDH Welding (aka Dallas).

I have to agree and disagree...

I agree he went down hard and was probably dazed, and was laying there in pain, and the fact was he was in a crash zone in a high speed area...

HOWEVER

did he know what he was doing by not getting up, or did it cross is mind? ABSOLUTELY! Look at Yates... what 2, maybe 3 years ago? Laid down on the track to get it red flagged, granted he was fined and penalized because his was seen as more intentional and obtuce.

These guys do this stuff for a freaking living, do they know what they are doing at any given moment? hell ya... Mladin for damn sure new what he was doing by staying down.

Was it right to Red Flag that race??? or to allow him to restart?? i dont know. The big question is why would they red flag that race but not red flag the fx or supersport race? that perez crashed on the first turn, yes he did get up, but he was in the same impact zone that mladin was in. Apples to oranges i know... the crowed wasnt approaching etc, but IMO if the person is the one that causes the red flag... i dont think they should be allowed to restart no matter what.

lel
    Last edited by Lel; Wed Jun 27th, 2007 at 12:22 PM.
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

Quote Originally Posted by mushin_man39 View Post
    MRA #442 AMA #194181, is that what you meant?
    Pretty sure he meant AMA Race # not your card #.
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again

Ugh, my bad. MRA made me join AMA even though I'm not fast enough to race there. I can crash just as hard as them, though! Now if you wanna see some fakers, watch World Cup soccer.
    the racing lawyer

As I understand it as a Corner Marshal is that the race is red flagged if the rider or bike is in the racing line and can't be moved safely before traffic is going to go through. Also, if emergency vehicles are required to get a downed rider (even if he/she isn't in the racing line) the Track Marshal will red flag the race.
    In this case Mladin's bike and person were off track and in an impact area but would only typically be a waving yellow flag for the corner. When he stayed down it was assumed by the Track Marshal that he required emergency help and then the red flag was thrown to allow the ambulance to help out.

Just wanted to clarify with my understanding of the flags and conditions.

-Doug
    Doug Labout Sr.
    Semper Fi
    MRA Novice #379
    Low Vagueness racing

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar

Wasn't there and just watched it on SPEED.

Not usually a Mladin fan, but I still applaud him for coming back up to 4th after that nasty crash. Eric had a similar crash and didn't start the next day, and I'm a EB fan!
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.

AMA Sports Rules

C. Flags
    Flags, measuring 30 inches by 30 inches, have the following meanings:....
    9. RED-stopping of a race for any emergency situation.

CHAPTER 6 - OFFENSES, PENALTIES, PROTESTS,
    APPEALS & HEARINGS GENERAL INFORMATION
    A. General Information
    1. Through the establishment and enforcement of various rules
    and procedures, AMA strives to regulate motorcycle competition
    in the fairest possible manner. By participating in an AMA
    meet, each participant agrees to abide by the AMA’s rules and
    procedures. In addition, riders are deemed responsible for the
    actions of their families and crew members. All parties
    involved in AMA competition are expected to conduct themselves
    in a responsible manner, respecting at all times the rights of
    others. Participation in AMA-sanctioned activities is a privilege,
    and all participants understand that violation of AMA rules and
    procedures can lead to forfeiture of their competition privileges.
    5. The following offenses are subject to disciplinary action by the referee
    and/or AMA. This list is provided as guidance to competitors but does not
    restrict the AMA from invoking penalties for other actions detrimental to
    the sport which are not specifically contemplated herein.
    a. In any way attempting to gain an unfair advantage....
    i. Causing a race to be stopped. At the referee’s discretion, a rider judged
    to have caused a red flag may be excluded from restarting the event.
    the racing lawyer

Leave it to a lawyer to dig up the technical wordage......good stuff.

Bad crash, big props to Mladin for getting himself together and putting in one hell of a ride from the last row on a crashed bike!!!

EX-MRA #719

- 502 - RIP Gene, you will always be an inspiration.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstien

im sad to see that a wrecked suzuki can re-enter the race in ama and almost win from the back of the pack. says something about the rest of the field or the class as a whole.
    5280 Supermoto #117
    Skull Candy, FMF Intl, Dragon, Epic Motosports, Michelin, Ogio

Colorado Supermoto Video

You know what I've done every time I've wrecked... sat there for a second, chilled out, and got my bearings. It's a shitty time when when you're running to your bike and your hand gets all hot and wet with blood. You have so much adrenaline you can't really assess how badly you're hurt... and I don't think I've ever gone down at more than 100mph, certainly not in a highside.

Suzuki's traction control is AMA legal and everyone else is doing it now, too. Beyond that, have you seen the Ducs on the motoGP straits lately??? This is racing, there's not room for bitches
    Last edited by Gixrben; Thu Jun 28th, 2007 at 09:47 AM.
    2005 GSXR-600 - Prepped for the 08 race season!
    2004 Ducati 620 - SOLD
    2003 GSXR-750 - SOLD
    2003 GSXR-600 Alstare - STOLEN
    2001 GSXR-600 - SOLD
    1981 Kawi 440z - Being Cafe'd

Quote Originally Posted by jsears1864 View Post
    im sad to see that a wrecked suzuki can re-enter the race in ama and almost win from the back of the pack. says something about the rest of the field or the class as a whole.

read Michael Jordan's interview and he'll shed some light on the difference between the factory bikes and everyone else - http://superbikeplanet.com/2007/Jun/e/n070626a.htm
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    read Michael Jordan's interview and he'll shed some light on the difference between the factory bikes and everyone else - http://superbikeplanet.com/2007/Jun/e/n070626a.htm
    The AMA would be wise to listen to MJ.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    word. i already knew about the difference between privateer and factory. but their is also a factory honda, kawasaki, and now yahmaha but the suzuki's are still finishing with 5 and 8 second leads.
    if it doesn't change soon i'm going to stop watching for sure. i don't mid watching rossi win every week cause he is charismatic and entertaining. miladin isn't.
    5280 Supermoto #117
    Skull Candy, FMF Intl, Dragon, Epic Motosports, Michelin, Ogio

Colorado Supermoto Video

I don't think it could have been any more obvious he purposly threw the red flag. Doesn't matter how bad the crash was...once he regained his composure, he faked a knee injury waiting for the red flag. The way he slowly rolled over and touched his helmet to the ground looked like he shattered his knee and his career was over...the next shot we see of him jogging back to the pits and grinning joking with a team member in the garage? Uh-ha
    2013 ZX-14R
    2006 CB919

Quote Originally Posted by Auron View Post
    I don't think it could have been any more obvious he purposly threw the red flag. Doesn't matter how bad the crash was...once he regained his composure, he faked a knee injury waiting for the red flag. The way he slowly rolled over and touched his helmet to the ground looked like he shattered his knee and his career was over...the next shot we see of him jogging back to the pits and grinning joking with a team member in the garage? Uh-ha
    Its funny to me how many non racers know what its like when you crash in a race and how you feel right after it happens. I have crashed and thought i broke my arm because when i stood up i couldnt move it at all. Within about 60 to 90 seconds the feeling came back and i was basically fine. On the flip side at the AMA race at PPIR in 02 or 03 i hit a racers pipe with my left hand when he checked up to avoid a crash in turn 2. I didnt crash and the pain was very minor. At lunch i went into in infield care center because my wrist was starting to swell. The x rays showed a fractured wrist in two places.

Roadacing is easy anyone who rides a sportbike can do it a be good at it!
    Its just like WWE those guys hit each other with chairs over the head and walk away, thats got to be like crashing at a 100mph plus rught?
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
    Its funny to me how many non racers know what its like when you crash in a race and how you feel right after it happens. I have crashed and thought i broke my arm because when i stood up i couldnt move it at all. Within about 60 to 90 seconds the feeling came back and i was basically fine. On the flip side at the AMA race at PPIR in 02 or 03 i hit a racers pipe with my left hand when he checked up to avoid a crash in turn 2. I didnt crash and the pain was very minor. At lunch i went into in infield care center because my wrist was starting to swell. The x rays showed a fractured wrist in two places.

Roadacing is easy anyone who rides a sportbike can do it a be good at it!
    Its just like WWE those guys hit each other with chairs over the head and walk away, thats got to be like crashing at a 100mph plus rught?
    It's funny to me how many racers think they know what it's like to be as fast and experienced and godlike as Mladin.
    2013 ZX-14R
    2006 CB919

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Auron View Post
    and godlike as Mladin.

~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson