View Poll Results: What did Miladin do?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Was unable to get up and thought he needed medical help

4 26.67%
  • Knew he could lay there until a RED FLAG would stop the race

11 73.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How smart is Miladin? (and does he have any ethics?)

Re: How smart is Miladin? (and does he have any ethics?)

keep in mind he is probably in better shape than anyone posting here. he is also a highly paid proffesional motorcycle racer. the dude know how to crash. the facts are he laid on the ground until a red flag came out. (i don't think he is an actor), but he sure did miraculously run back to the pits and then looked fine. being only 8? points behind spies he knew damn well what he was doing lying on the ground.
    5280 Supermoto #117
    Skull Candy, FMF Intl, Dragon, Epic Motosports, Michelin, Ogio

Colorado Supermoto Video

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    read Michael Jordan's interview and he'll shed some light on the difference between the factory bikes and everyone else - http://superbikeplanet.com/2007/Jun/e/n070626a.htm
    word. i already knew about the difference between privateer and factory. but their is also a factory honda, kawasaki, and now yahmaha but the suzuki's are still finishing with 5 and 8 second leads.
    if it doesn't change soon i'm going to stop watching for sure. i don't mid watching rossi win every week cause he is charismatic and entertaining. miladin isn't.
    5280 Supermoto #117

Colorado Supermoto Video

Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
    Its funny to me how many non racers know what its like when you crash in a race and how you feel right after it happens. I have crashed and thought i broke my arm because when i stood up i couldnt move it at all. Within about 60 to 90 seconds the feeling came back and i was basically fine. On the flip side at the AMA race at PPIR in 02 or 03 i hit a racers pipe with my left hand when he checked up to avoid a crash in turn 2. I didnt crash and the pain was very minor. At lunch i went into in infield care center because my wrist was starting to swell. The x rays showed a fractured wrist in two places.

Roadacing is easy anyone who rides a sportbike can do it a be good at it!
    Its just like WWE those guys hit each other with chairs over the head and walk away, thats got to be like crashing at a 100mph plus rught?
    It's funny to me how many racers think they know what it's like to be as fast and experienced and godlike as Mladin.
    2013 ZX-14R
    2006 CB919

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Auron View Post
    and godlike as Mladin.

~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

It's funny to me how many racers think they know what it's like to be as fast and experienced and godlike as Mladin.

HAHAHAHAHAHH
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

Did you honestly call Mat godlike? LOL
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Mladin and the rest of the world's best riders...yea.

Do you have any idea what these guys do with these bikes?
    2013 ZX-14R
    2006 CB919

Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

Mladin and the rest of the world's best riders...yea.

Race them??

Don't get all high and mighty, were joking around. My boyfriend may not be an AMA racer but hes pretty fucking fast and yeah I have a damn good idea of what fast is. Getting to cornerwork the AMA races and hang in the pits with Mat and the Bostrom brothers was definately an educating experience. Hell, going to MotoGP and sitting at the top of the corkscrew was an educating experience.
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Mike's (HCR25) response did not give me the impression that he thinks he is as fast and experienced as Miadin. Godlike? Whatever.
    It's funny to me how someone whose only track experience is a gocart track think they know what the difference is when Mladin crashes versus a club racer crashing.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Do you?
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Mike's (HCR25) response did not give me the impression that he thinks he is as fast and experienced as Miadin. Godlike? Whatever.
    It's funny to me how someone whose only track experience is a gocart track think they know what the difference is when Mladin crashes versus a club racer crashing.

Werd.
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by AshliRider44 View Post
    Werd.
    to your mother

Here's what I know...I know I've fallen down a couple of times, and that both times I laid on the ground for a little while and did some self asssessment before I tried to get up. One time I had the wind knocked out of me pretty good and getting up right away was out of the question.

I also know that there was NO assistance for Mat before the crash truck got there, so even if he had gotten up and out of the way his bike was still well within the crash zone and the race may have been red flagged anyways as the bike would have been a hazard to other riders who MIGHT crash in that same area.

I refuse to judge his actions. What I will say is that Mladin's crew IS godlike. That was an amazing effort on their part to get the bike back together and back on the grid for the re-start.
    s

Quote Originally Posted by mushin_man39 View Post
    According to Keith Code, who has wrecked more times than most of us have ridden: When you think you're done sliding count to five, and then count to five again before moving. If you're still sliding lay down and count to five, again. Don't jump up and do giant moon-walk steps at 60mph-plus. Don't try to duck oncoming traffic, you'll usually jump the wrong way. Do a full-body inventory check before trying to stand.
    Yup, the problem with offing a bike that's going 120mph and FEELS like 100mph is you're brain forgets that when you feel like you've stopped, you've still got 20 mph to scrub off on your backside.

Having done the slide-longjump after "feeling" like I was stopped, and both having injuries that disappeared after a minute, and not realizing for a minute the injuries I've sustained... I tend to be a little more forgiving.

I'm no badass racer or anything, though.
    2005 GSXR-600 - Prepped for the 08 race season!
    2004 Ducati 620 - SOLD
    2003 GSXR-750 - SOLD
    2003 GSXR-600 Alstare - STOLEN
    2001 GSXR-600 - SOLD
    1981 Kawi 440z - Being Cafe'd

this thread wouldn't be here if the ama wouldn't let him back in the race. fixing your bike to go back out is weak. i say if you wreck ur done for the day.
    5280 Supermoto #117

Colorado Supermoto Video

All I'm saying is if you watch the crash again, Mat had his brief "oh shit I'm on the ground" disorientation from the crash, and as soon as he gathered his thoughts, he decided to lay there and wait for the red flag. You don't go from thinking your leg is broken to jogging back to the pits within a few minutes unless something is up. Either way, he got back out there immedieatly on the pace on a bike that could fail in a million ways and pitch him off again, but he held his composure and rode almost fast enough to beat Miguel!

Do I know what these guys do on these bikes? Of Course not, but I doubt you do either, and I do know the very best racers are on a level so far beyond anyone on this board they'd be laughing their asses of at us right now.
    2013 ZX-14R
    2006 CB919

Do I know what these guys do on these bikes? Of Course not, but I doubt you do either, and I do know the very best racers are on a level so far beyond anyone on this board they'd be laughing their asses of at us right now.
    You sure are makin' friends quick. Be sure to say hi if you ever stop to see an MRA race
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

If you are talking to me you are right i have no idea what those guys do on race bikes. You are right again about them being on another level but as far as them laughing at us club guys who race a AMA natonal now and then, I think you are wrong.They were all club racers once and wether they show it or not i would say there is a certain level of respect for those of us have entered,qualified and raced in a AMA national race.
    My guess is more people here are laughing at you
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

Alright, so Auron has his opinions, he is entitled to it. Doesn't matter what my opinions are, but what's with all the racer guys/gals hounding him? So since his opinions are different than some of the racers here, he won't have friends in the MRA?

We all know that most of the responses back to Auron are from established names locally here but c'mon, give the guy a break. Just because he has different opinions and not actively racing, doesn't mean he isn't entitled to his opinions.....
    Last edited by Slo; Wed Jul 4th, 2007 at 09:11 AM. Reason: run on sentances haha

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    Alright, so Auron has his opinions, he is entitled to it. Doesn't matter what my opinions are, but what's with all the racer guys/gals hounding him? So since his opinions are different than some of the racers here, he won't have friends in the MRA?

We all know that most of the responses back to Auron are from established names locally here but c'mon, give the guy a break. Just because he has different opinions and not actively racing, doesn't mean he isn't entitled to his opinions.....
    I agree, but arent we all entitled to our opinions? I dont kow him and he does not know me. We are all mainly speaking generally, some have more experiance then others. Whether he faked an injury or not who knows but he used the rules to his advantage just like athletes in every sport do evry day. If someone does not like the rules for what every reason they can always get a AMA pro license and submit a rule change proposal and try to get the support to make it happen!
    Good luck with that, after all it is the AMA we are talking about.
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

As far as Mladin goes, I agree with you on that, he didn't do anything that any other athlete wouldn't have done in their power within the rules, hell many people whether athletes or not break rules if they think they can get away with it.

But your absolutely correct, just seemed a little harsh on some of the responses to the guy..... you know, we don't want anyones feelings getting hurt.

Damn, now where is the group hug picture??? hahaha.
    Last edited by Slo; Wed Jul 4th, 2007 at 09:44 AM.

But your absolutely correct, just seemed a little harsh on some of the responses to the guy..... you know, we don't want anyones feelings getting hurt.
    Auron brought it on himself. Yes he is entitled to his opinion, but the local club racers who he is slamming in a condescending manner are entitled to respond.
    No, none of us here are at the level of Mladin, or any other factory racers, nor are we claiming to be so. But we have experience racing and majority of us have experienced crashing. As Mike pointed out, there are alot of MRA racers who have AMA licenses and do participate in national events. The factory guys were privateers at one time. They dont lose respect for being a privateer and laugh their asses off at us as Auron indicates.

So yes Auron is entitled to his opinion and as long as his opinions criticize local club racers, which are derived from his experience riding that go-kart track up in Erie, the local club racers (and their girlfriends) will respond accordingly.
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Auron brought it on himself. Yes he is entitled to his opinion, but the local club racers who he is slamming in a condescending manner are entitled to respond.
    No, none of us here are at the level of Mladin, or any other factory racers, nor are we claiming to be so. But we have experience racing and majority of us have experienced crashing. As Mike pointed out, there are alot of MRA racers who have AMA licenses and do participate in national events. The factory guys were privateers at one time. They dont lose respect for being a privateer and laugh their asses off at us as Auron indicates.

So yes Auron is entitled to his opinion and as long as his opinions criticize local club racers, which are derived from his experience riding that go-kart track up in Erie, the local club racers (and their girlfriends) will respond accordingly.
    Thanks alot Jim, I couldn't figure out how to say that exactly.
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

The interwebs turns so personal so fast.
    2005 GSXR-600 - Prepped for the 08 race season!
    2004 Ducati 620 - SOLD
    2003 GSXR-750 - SOLD
    2003 GSXR-600 Alstare - STOLEN
    2001 GSXR-600 - SOLD
    1981 Kawi 440z - Being Cafe'd