Thread: Lunchtime Entertainment from Sunday at SCR

Lunchtime Entertainment from Sunday at SCR

The main event - Dan "Deathwish" Elders (IIRC, he's also a racer) gets into a box and blows himself up. This video starts as the countown hits 3:
    http://videos.cosportbikeclub.org/MR...ent/BlowUp.avi

Pocketbike fun:
    Here's Glenn (The Gecco) showing how it's done:
    http://videos.cosportbikeclub.org/MR...ccoPlusOne.avi

Here's Glenn & Mike Applehans:
    http://videos.cosportbikeclub.org/MR...dCoreGecco.avi

HA - Thats good stuff...

I have couple pretty good pix of the guy blowing himself up that I will post later.

Haha, good stuff Bob. I missed the Pocketbike races, that looks fun as hell.
    Alex
    MRA #68
    http://www.3dstickfight.com/racing/
    Racing Performance Services, Racer Supply Co., Morse Racing Products
    ”Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature nor do the children of humankind as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
    -- Helen Keller

Yeah, after watching a guy crawl into a box and blow it up, somehow racing seems sane.

Though, I could have done without chasing little bits of insulation and foil all over the rats nest.

Thanks for posting the video! I was there, the shockwave was pretty impressive!
    Here are my pics:

See more of my pics here...
    http://www.winningpictures.com

Damn nice pictures....Dont think I post mine now...

But really, I was looking over your website you have some realy nice shots. How do you get to go out on the track and take pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMit

But really, I was looking over your website you have some realy nice shots. How do you get to go out on the track and take pictures?
    Press pass.

Sometimes a press pass, sometimes just being nice to folks...

By the way, how fast is your internet connection and how fast does my new site respond on your PC?

Quote Originally Posted by happysnapper
    By the way, how fast is your internet connection and how fast does my new site respond on your PC?
    I have a cable modem an it loaded pretty quick, even the picture pages. Hit the next arrow and it came right up, maybe less than 10 seconds. Brining up a larger picture was just as fast also.

I am running Mac OS X.3.4 and Safari browser 1.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe

Press pass.
    Now of course I dont work for a newspaper or magizine, but am a amatuer photobug and wanted to try and take some pix in my off time from racing (I'll have a lot of that...).

Is a press pass something you can ask for? Do I need to know someone to get one?

I was really interested in doing pix of some of the R2SL, since we can only ride for an hour at a time.

Awesome pics, great clarity!

To get out on the track to take pictures, I'd suggest talking to an MRA board member, probably Doug "Lurch" Lyle. He can either hook you up with a press pass, or let you know the procedure needed to get out on the track for pics.
    Alex
    MRA #68
    http://www.3dstickfight.com/racing/
    Racing Performance Services, Racer Supply Co., Morse Racing Products
    ”Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature nor do the children of humankind as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
    -- Helen Keller

Now of course I dont work for a newspaper or magizine, but am a amatuer photobug and wanted to try and take some pix in my off time from racing (I'll have a lot of that...).

Is a press pass something you can ask for? Do I need to know someone to get one?

I was really interested in doing pix of some of the R2SL, since we can only ride for an hour at a time.
    Note - the R2SL races are NOT an MRA event! If you'd like some special access to take pics, PM me directly and we can discuss it, since I'll be the one clearing you onto the track that week (whether for riding or taking pics).

Making the world a safer place, through Psychokinesis
    This moment brought to you in part by WWW.BOXHEAD.US

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Note - the R2SL races are NOT an MRA event! If you'd like some special access to take pics, PM me directly and we can discuss it, since I'll be the one clearing you onto the track that week (whether for riding or taking pics).
    Sounds good - will do!

Thanks,
    Aaron

Finally got my pix DL'd to the comp -

Not quite as nice but I do have the ever important artistic chain link fence look to mine....

Great photos. Why would someone put themself in a box and blow it up? I've had a lot of strange impulses in 33 years, but I can honestly say not once has that one ever even remotely occured to me, nor having seen it, would it
    '06 GSX-R 1000
    We have here a message from the National Pancake Institute: F--k Waffles
    "Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English & bad English." -- Korben Dallas

'02 GSXR1000