Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Denver needs a damn track

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Re: Denver needs a damn track

Quote Originally Posted by tripledigits View Post
    I would think alot more money could be raised if one were receiving something for their donation (other than the obvious benefit of having a much needed track). I would like to see something like each $50 chunk entitling a racer to one free track day per year. I personally will donate regardless, but would like to see something like this......
    Interesting idea. I think it's a little too generous as proposed. I would do it as each $50 enters you into a drawing for a free track day. And then have a certain number of winners based on how much money is raised, e.g. 1 winner for every twenty entries. Or maybe a donors' track day where all donors above some minimum level ($100?) can come ride for free. Would something like that get people a little more excited?

Other ideas?

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by tripledigits View Post
    I haven't received my donation request yet from the SCCA, but I'm assuming that the request is for straight-up donations, versus buying into some track time.

I would think alot more money could be raised if one were receiving something for their donation (other than the obvious benefit of having a much needed track). I would like to see something like each $50 chunk entitling a racer to one free track day per year. I personally will donate regardless, but would like to see something like this......
    We kicked around a lot of similar ideas. The biggest problem with something like this is that you are robbing Peter to pay Paul. Our financial models depend on a certain amount of revenue in order to service the debt that the track will incur. We can't do anything that threatens future revenues.

You summarized my general response to the question "What do I get in return for my donation?" when you said "A much needed track". Nothing is free these days.
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

I don't want to be that lone out of town guy sticking his nose where it's not wanted, but MMP (although privately owned) might be a good example.

Although not specifically a cycle track, there seems to be ample opportunity to get a bike out there. Between their open track days run by MMP, Apex Days, and MoM days, getting the bike out a few times a month is a very realistic thing. Unfortunately the limiting factor is money, as track time is a little on the pricey side.

Isn't this true for most tracks, VIR, Laguna, etc... If you want to get out there there's normally opportunity.

'08 Zuma - '07 GSX-R600 - '05 CBR 600RR - '98 CBR 900RR
    LeoVince - Scorpion - Vortex - Woodcraft - RaceTech
    UtahSBA Membership Director
    MoM #314