Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Updated: Bike Wash--times directions page 3

i am sorry but i will not be able to attend to fund raiser as i am starting orientation wednesday and will mostlikley be leaving over the road friday or saturday.
    R.I.P. mom i will always love you

Shit Curtis, I completely spaced out the fact that I have to work on Sat. Unfortunately it's not something I can get out of either as the owner and GM will be gone so I have to be here in case of emergency
    Jon

I'd love to get in on this (GREAT CAUSE and alot of fun, but I don't get off work until 11 am on Saturday. Any idea on when you might be wrapping things up??
    Ben
    '01 ZX6R

"If you're lost, drive faster. You'll be lost for less time."

We are planning to start at 9:00am so we can get the credit union traffic...they can give us a lot of business especially if someone is standing there having fun and "making" them turn into the car wash instead of leaving Probably going to mid afternoon so come on by and get a wash and also help out!
    I put this up at our business today...it will be up all week

I am doing all I can to make this a hit. I dropped off flyers at Brecks tonight and talked about it to several members. Looking still for more bikes and people to come out and have some fun.
    Hot dogs, soda, catch a tan, and have fun with the CSC!

Board Newbie
    i will bring my busa. i was just wondering if the girls can wear white t-shirt while they are washing the cars & the bikes, i think all the guys would love that. what do you guys say?

I totally thought that was the hook, girls in bikini's and or tee shirts. Woohman is working this out, I'm sure of it.
    GSXR 750 '03 (YLW/BLK)

Alright so here are the final logistics of the bike/car wash! I hope everyone who signed up shows up and we even have more there.
    1) If you signed up to bring something please do so. I will have plenty of buckets, soap, hoses, etc.....everything to wash the cars. I know many of you were bringing towels. I will also have several shammies (sp?) which work great and don't have to dry out.
    2) we are planning to start by 9am or whenever cars show up. I know just in our shop vehicles I will have around 10 or so to wash from the start. This line might help bring more people in.
    3) We will have the bikes lined up on display to catch the eye of peeps driving by. If necessary the bikes can be coned off so people don't mess with them (race bikes, etc...) we got 1 pocket bike delivered today, still waiting on the other 19 to show up, but if anyone else wants to bring one for display great!
    4) We will be selling hot dogs and pop. Those of you working can use our soda fountain inside, but I do request you pitch in for a hotdog.

I will have suncreen there too....should be hot and great day to have some fun.

Directions:
    From Denver--
    I-25 North to hwy 36. Go west or north on 36 (can't remember how they label it) go towards boulder. Exit at broomfield exit, or hwy 287 that is. Go north through broomfield and come to Lafayette. At south boulder road turn left (west) go 1 mile or so and we are on the right hand side (north) of the road, next to the credit union. Very easy to find people. call 970-396-2120 if you need help. You can take I-25 to the new e470 up north of thornton, go west to 287, then north on 287, etc......but you will have 1 toll booth to cross.

From the north--easiest to come I-25 south to lafayette exit (hwy 7) go west to hwy 287. Go south 1 mile, turn right on south boulder road. Go west one mile and we are on the right.

I hope this helps everyone and I am trying to ensure a successful day. I hope everyone makes it for this. Bring anything else you want. I wll bring a stereo so we have tunes too to watch.....if you get hot you can go inside and watch FASTER on the plasma screen
    p.s. I will be getting there between 7:30 and 8:00 to get stuff ready. Also will have coffee and donuts for the morning arrivals

SEE EVERYONE THERE!

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar
    Hey Wahooman,

Please excuse my ignorance, but who are the Chadwicks and for what purpose/cause is this car wash for?

I just wanted some one here to write the reason for this cause since there are some folks here who haven't been keeping up like myself...

In addition, I will try to join you guys and help out around 9am, but not sure for how long. I'll bring my bike in for a wash and for display. I'll try to bring some towels as well.

Yusuke
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.

Wahoooo - hey do you guys have tools to pull door panels? I'm thinking of picking up a new window for my 4runner at a salvage in the morning, and if yall can maybe help me install it that would be awesome! I need to run to Boulder tomorrow anyway to drop off my GSXR's head (found a burned-looking valve bucket and cam. ick) at HO Motorsports so it's looking like I'll be at that end of town for a while.

I should be there round 9-93:0 unless u need me there earlier. Please let me know ;-)

Reppin' the dub R
    '04 Busa GSXR (Grown and SeXy 4 Real)
    RYDE FAST OR GO THE F*CK HOME

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Wahoooo - hey do you guys have tools to pull door panels? I'm thinking of picking up a new window for my 4runner at a salvage in the morning, and if yall can maybe help me install it that would be awesome! I need to run to Boulder tomorrow anyway to drop off my GSXR's head (found a burned-looking valve bucket and cam. ick) at HO Motorsports so it's looking like I'll be at that end of town for a while.
    If nothing else you could swing over to Carquest (which is in the same lot as Stans) and buy one. They will be open til 1pm tomorrow. Tell them you are with the sportbike club and they will give you a discount.
    Jason
    Bikeless for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Quick636
    If nothing else you could swing over to Carquest (which is in the same lot as Stans) and buy one. They will be open til 1pm tomorrow. Tell them you are with the sportbike club and they will give you a discount.
    They sponsor my race team... I'd hope they would just let me use one!

They don't have loaner tools, except for a few wrenches and screwdrivers.

I'm not even sure if they have a door tool for a toyota for sale
    Jason
    Bikeless for now...

Does Stan's??

I don't know

I was just merely offering a suggestion. I'm gonna go hide in the corner now
    Jason
    Bikeless for now...

Sorry guys/girls....haven't been on since this a.m.
    Anyway all is lookin good for the BIG even tomorrow. We got some of our pocket bikes in for display and maybe we can sell a few too..that would be nice. They will be on display.....not for riding Anyway....
    Ralph none of my techs will be there tomorrow we are closed. We can take a look at it. Getting the door panel off is the easy part....its putting the window in that can be tricky. Do you have power windows? Punkin and I could take a look and see. Anway...thanks to everyone early who is going to help make this a big hit. I am excited. I am making signs on bright posterboard tonight and going to buy the food too.
    See everyone tomorrow.
    Oh if you need to get a hold of me.......970-396-2120 my cell
    thanks again peeps

1. Wahooman- bringing whatever it takes
    2. sprtbkbabe- bike, wax, cleaner
    3. R1100s- towels for drying
    4. Amazzon- towels and windex for windows
    5. Nuts4Ninjas
    6. Backin2it
    7. Scer
    8. Ponyboy-towels
    9. Felix
    10. John-whatever
    11. Frisco?
    12 Gramps
    13. Little Diddy
    14. Wahoowomen
    15. Punkin
    16. Ms. Punkin
    17. Coloxj650lj
    18. Chadwick - towels and my shammie (howeva that's spelled), oh.... and my crippled ass
    19. WILL - bringing the LIL 600R dont know what else to bring except my sorry a$$

is anyone going to have any of the stickers for phil?? i want one what is the co$t??

who all is heading to the BBQ after???
    04 YZF600R....(show some love)
    DID I GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO BREATHE

R.I.P BOBBY 29 FEB 04

Quote Originally Posted by Quick636
    They sponsor my race team... I'd hope they would just let me use one!
    It's actually wicks filters who makes the carquest filters doing the "sponsoring." That store would have no idea who you were if you walked in. Tom is the filter rep giving you all the hook up.....what a guy. If you come by we can see what we can do.

Ralph,
    I too have a 4runner...there are no special tools required for pulling your door panel, just some patience. I'll be glad to help you get your window in, but I am NOT a tech...just willing to cuss with you to make it happen. See you tomorrow. I gotta cruise to Nebraska or thereabouts in the morning, I'm trying to make it early enough to get back to Stan's in time....I should be there before 10am.

***why am I still up??***
    'Punkin'
    * I don't have a fancy signature *

Sounds good to me, we can cuss at it together until it installs itself... I should be there around lunchtime. gonna try pull and save first, and if that doesn't pan out there's a yard off 33rd that has one for $85.

Sweet.....its Saturday and it will be just like a day at work....Cussing and Cars We should be able to get it going Ralph....while we work on the 4 runner you have to wash cars/bikes as payment

Carquest was doing the CSC sponsorship, its like 10-15 percent off anything in the store.

The filters/stickers/shirts that he is giving out are carquest filter stuff though. So it is still affiliated with carquest.
    Jason
    Bikeless for now...

hell just wrap the window up in plastic smash it with a frigging hammer and pour it in

or did you want it in on piece?

i had a toy once the pannels shouldnt be that hard to pull, and if you break off the plastic retainers just get a few from pepboys
    04 YZF600R....(show some love)
    DID I GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO BREATHE

R.I.P BOBBY 29 FEB 04

Hope this fundraiser went well!

Sorry I couldn't make it! $&%$(*&(*%%$ The guy I sold my car to has had me waiting all day on his check. What's the difference between 10 am and 2pm anyhow?

Hope we made them some money!
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522