Recent rides have raised questions in my mind, as well as some frustrations. Maybe it's just me... guess we'll find out. This is a good spot to add the cursory advice to read "THE PACE"

I tend to move around in the pack to see what others are doing. I will make these transitions after stops or when safe to do so. I have seen others make very bad passes from 3rd or 4th position to pass those ahead of them and the car holding everyone up. Should the lead riders have moved over to pass aswell it might not have been pretty.

When in traffic on a good road instead of just tailgating I tend to back off quite a ways so that I can at least get a good run through the corners as they come along. I have even had others in the group pass me on my right when doing this, right before the corner then they keep going slow. I will often go to the very back of the pack to do this without concerning others and can still have a good ride even from the back.

Tailgating but not wanting to pass. Back off bitch we are not drafting. If you start out 50 ft off of me and your are still there after the corner then we are going the same speed and should I need to brake hard you will have time to react safely. Otherwise you will be up my ass and neither one of want that.

Riding the same speed in both lanes up Central city parkway. If you move over others could pass if they wanted.

I have a lot more concerns but I have to hit the road. Been wanting to get this going for a while so I thought I would get it started before I head out for the next few days to Pagosa Springs on the Busa

Please add your thoughts or tell me if I am FOS. My goal is not to point out anyone just to start a conversation so we can all have a good time. With all the newer riders out on the rides this should be the place for this I hope. I learned the hard way over time and had a close call on the tailgating. Mark and I still joke about it now but it could have gone very bad.

if you are a newer rider and have a specific question about a situation air it up and maybe we can all learn how to handle it.

Later, Mark