Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Superhawk Wrench Party - DATE CHANGED!! Read my latest post

Ya I forgot that sunday is out for me. I would like to get this done though. let me know.
    Tom
    2003 SuperHawk

Why geeks like computers: unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes,fsck,fsck,fsck,umount, sleep.

Saturday works for me too. Let me know what you guys want to do. If it's sunday it'd have to be late morning anyway, my work sat night got pushed back to midnight so I won't be getting home until about 4-5am on sunday.

Ok guys the following people are paid up and good to go:
    - Pachuco: advancer, carb/tps, fork oil (bmc filter is coming later, I will get it to you at brecks, we can swap that in like 10 min)
    - MikehighHawk: Carb/tps, fork oil
    - shmoab: Advancer, carb/tps, forks

The following people still owe:
    - Fastfreddy
    - vtr1000rider
    - coloradoray

Now two of the remaining wanted the advancer - the problem here is that somehow when I tallied this all up, I miscounted and only ordered 3 total. So, I don't have enough for one of you and will have to do it later (if you still want it). FF/VTR1k, first one of you with the cash and a commitment for this weekend gets it. The other one, I will work with over an evening or something. However if I don't have the $ then neither of ya get it, so pay up!

I will PM each of you with directions to my house for SATURDAY the 21st.

Ok I am going to be running a bit late. But i will be there by 11:30.
    see ya'll there.
    Tom
    2003 SuperHawk

Why geeks like computers: unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes,fsck,fsck,fsck,umount, sleep.

Many Thanks Ralph for putting this together and getting the parts. It was great to meet new guys with super chickens. overall many thanks. The bike was running great till I got stuck in the rain sunday afternoon in the Springs. after that it wanted to die all the time. oh well I need to look at that issue now.
    Tom
    2003 SuperHawk

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco
    Many Thanks Ralph for putting this together and getting the parts. It was great to meet new guys with super chickens. overall many thanks. The bike was running great till I got stuck in the rain sunday afternoon in the Springs. after that it wanted to die all the time. oh well I need to look at that issue now.
    Describe what it's doing...

well lets see....
    If I pull in the clutch all the way in it dies. ( have to be over 4000 rpm). over all stuttering, and coughing while riding. no power or hesitation, also won't stay idleing. i raised the idle to 1500 rpm and now it will stay idleing at stop lights. I am thinking that it might be running too lean but not sure.
    Tom
    2003 SuperHawk

Board Newbie
    Ralph,

Not sure if you got my PM but I'll post my thanks for your technical assistance and resources last Saturday. My Hawk's running great...much better than before. I like the sound of the Yoshi's too and so do my neighbors!

I'll be looking for you at Second Creek on Sunday.

Be sure and let me know about the cost of the TPS. If you need to reach me my cell number is 303-921-9093.

Thanks again, rforsythe. Bike is running awesome and boy does it turn. I have been hot rodding it everywhere. It also sounds cool with the snorkel removed from the intake.
    LCpl. USMC (Ret.)
    '01 VTR1000F (red)

War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength

I'm a Roughneck on a drilling rig. It's kinda of a hard job.

To: Everybody that went to the Super Hawk wrench party.

I am missing the phillips insert for the Honda tool kit. I had it when I first got there but not when I packed up to go home. Can you please check and see if you accidentally took it?
    LCpl. USMC (Ret.)
    '01 VTR1000F (red)

War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength

I'm a Roughneck on a drilling rig. It's kinda of a hard job.

Board Newbie
    Looked in my kit....not there....

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco
    well lets see....
    If I pull in the clutch all the way in it dies. ( have to be over 4000 rpm). over all stuttering, and coughing while riding. no power or hesitation, also won't stay idleing. i raised the idle to 1500 rpm and now it will stay idleing at stop lights. I am thinking that it might be running too lean but not sure.
    Well, the only thing which could cause a too-lean condition out of what we did, would be the vacuum valve on the fuel tank - lift the tank and check the small line that runs from the tank to the frone of the bike, it's the one we cut. Make sure it's attached securely and that the fitting we installed in the middle is still there and snugly on both ends. If it isn't, plug it in tight and make sure there's enough slack in the tube to keep it there when you drop the tank (will pull it rearward as the tank rotates). If that doesn't fix it, let me know and I will tank another look at the bike for ya.

MHH - yeah got your PM, I'm trying to see if I can find an extra one someone has lying around before I get a new one and all that. TPS is a TPS so I'm just tryin to find the cheapest one I can.

Glad all that work is making your bikes run better (except pachuco)!

my bike is running better, it might have been that I got in that rain storm so maybe water got in the air filter or something. who knows. I checked that line and it looked good. oh well. Thanks again for everything Ralph. Keep me informed about that air filter.

P.S. shmoab i looked in my stuff and sorry i don't have any extra parts.
    sorry.
    Tom
    2003 SuperHawk

Board Newbie
    Pachuco,

If you take off all that crap you put on your bike from Auto-Zone, it'll probably run better!

Leave Vato Zone alone.
    we all know that you enjoyed going there.
    Tom
    2003 SuperHawk

Tom - since you did pull the pair shit off of there, go poke around the front spark plug. Make real sure that the boot is pushed down tight on the plug, it's possible you knocked that loose. If water gets in there, no sparky and it runs like shit. Happens all the time on the SV650's, haven't heard of it on a superhawk yet but we have a front plug too (v-twin thing) so check that. I'd actually pull the boot off (may need to twist slightly) and put it back on. Make sure the terminals aren't corroded while you're in there.

cool will do tonight or this weekend. great idea hadn't thought about that
    Tom
    2003 SuperHawk