Thread: Ivan's TRE?

Clever Custom User Title Lifetime Supporter Jaydoc's Avatar

Ivan's TRE?

Anyone have an Ivan's TRE on their Hayabusa or Gixxer 1000? I'd like to hear some opinions. Sport Rider used one in their ZX12 vs. Hayabusa article but I'd like to hear more.
    Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9
    Not a slam, but I am curious if you've been on the board for 3 years, even if you've just been reading the board, why does this thread surprise you? I mean it's pretty much par for the course on here.

i have a tre on my tls. the only difference between the one i bought (jsd) and ivans is price. the jsd was ~20 bucks and ivans runs ~75 bucks. that is alot of clams for a 15 cent resistor and 2 plugs. hell at least the jsd tre i bought is switchable (can turn it off to avoid hard starting)

on a tls a tre just helps to smooth out power delivery in 1st through 4th. there is no speed limiter, so there is no need to try and defeat it (a benifit you will definitely want for the busa). it does help smooth out the jerkyness in the lower gears though

here is a link...save some $$

http://www.jsdproducts.com/Products/products.html

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

I had an Ivan's on my gsxr 600, to tell you the truth I really didn't notice too much of a difference, the ivan's was easy to install, just plugs right in
    2004 GSXR 1000 (Street)
    2001 GSXR 750 (Race)

Board Newbie

gsxr1000 tre

i have a switchable tre on my 03 gsxr 1000 and it makes a huge difference. the stock ignition retard is only to half throttle but on the 1000 you only need 1/4-1/3 throttle to wheelie in first. If the sitch is turned to the stock setting it is very jerky and requires more throttle but with the swith in the other position it is very smooth and has much more torque. I got the switchable model just to prove to myself that ther was a difference and i am convinced that the difference is huge on the 1000s

Clever Custom User Title Lifetime Supporter Jaydoc's Avatar
    I just got Ivan's Smart TRE and notice a big difference in the lower gears. Power delivery is much smoother. Doubt I'll ever need the de-restricted top end but now at least I can say it's unrestricted .
    Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9
    Not a slam, but I am curious if you've been on the board for 3 years, even if you've just been reading the board, why does this thread surprise you? I mean it's pretty much par for the course on here.

FWIW the JSD TRE is a LOT less money than the Ivan's, and does exactly the same thing (all they are is a couple connectors and a resistor).