Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Superhawk Wrench Party - DATE CHANGED!! Read my latest post

Superhawk Wrench Party - DATE CHANGED!! Read my latest post

Ok, this idea was born out of another thread... I'm thinking of hosting a little party for all of you fellow Superhawk owners, to do some "required" and "really desirable" items. Some ideas:

- Sync the carbs and do quick clean on them (no removal)
    - Adjust TPS
    - Remove your PAIR crap, if not already done
    - Install +4deg advancer
    - New fork oil and seals
    - Drop forks ~5mm and adjust suspension
    - General once-over of the maintenence stuff
    - Change oil? (Depends on if ya need it)
    - Check over the bike, tighten loose stuff, lube cables, etc.
    - Anything else you've been putting off, I can help with

I've done a lot on these bikes and am happy to help anyone who owns one of these get more out of the bike. Honda did a great job on them but there is some unused potential. We won't be jetting them (honestly, there is one man in the state who you should let do this - Bart at TK) but I can guide you through the rest.

Carb sync'ing and TPS adjustments are free to do, as is the PAIR removal and fork drop/adjustment. The advancer would set you back the cost of the part ($45 or so retail, looking into discounts on these) as well as a right side gasket and new coolant. I'm waiting on quantity discount pricing from Ron Ayers on this stuff, it should be pretty cheap. Fork oil will cost you ... fork oil. Under $10, plus probably about $15 for a seal kit. An oil change is an oil change, I'm sure Gramps over at CarQuest can get us some Silkolene 10w40 Semi-Syn oil and good filters at a good price. And if you have other parts you're waiting to install, bring 'em over.

I'm thinking of doing this sometime in July, maybe around the middle of the month. I might ask for a small donation from whoever comes, to defray my cost of cleaners, gasket maker, etc, plus whatever you "purchase" to install on your bike. But, I can guarantee you that your Superhawk will run great when we're done. I've done this stuff on mine and it's definitely worth the afternoon you'll spend drinking beer and wrenching.

If interested, just reply here and let me know. We can go from there...

I am in. Thanks for taking the time to do all of this; it is greatly appreciated.
    Ray

"Nation of sheep, owned by pigs, ruled by wolves."
    99 VTR 1000
    86 CR 250R

Ralph sounds good. put me down for a maybe. it all depends on money and time.
    Tom
    2003 SuperHawk

Why geeks like computers: unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes,fsck,fsck,fsck,umount, sleep.

Board Newbie
    When in July you think ? I would like to come over. I'm looking to install new springs and valving in the forks, and the timing advancer.
    Chicks dig me because... I rarely wear underwear , but when I do... It's usualy somthing unusual. 03 Focus ZX3 02 Super Chicken I think they're both red ?

can we do this for the sv/tl sometime ralph? my shoulder is feeling much better!
    Firefighters find them hot, leave them wet

If you want to bring your TL we can work on it, but I'm only gonna be getting the bulk parts for the chickens.

Fred - thinking mid-July.

Also, good news! Ron Ayers is going to hook us up with my sponsor deal on nearly everything we need (this means CHEAP!)... If you have a Superhawk post here and let me know if you want in on this, because it's a one time deal.

I'll try to make it. Can't guarantee anything this far off and without a confirmed date, though.
    LCpl. USMC (Ret.)
    '01 VTR1000F (red)

War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength

I'm a Roughneck on a drilling rig. It's kinda of a hard job.

I am intertested. Let's nail down a date and a time range.
    Steve
    '99 Custom Bobber
    '02 VTR1000
    '72 Sporty (almost fully rebuilt, thanks Dad!)
    '07 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    '96 Toyota Camry LE Coupe

Ight, how does the weekend of July 17th work for everyone?

I hate to make you confirm this far out but if I'm going to order parts, I need to know pretty quick. If you say you will be there I expect you to at least pay me back for the parts as well...

Sounds good to me. I will be there that is if I don't blow all my money in the bahamas this week. I am leaving in the morning and wont be back till the 24th so if the date changes I guess i will find out then.
    Tom
    2003 SuperHawk

Why geeks like computers: unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes,fsck,fsck,fsck,umount, sleep.

Let me know the costs and everything so that I can get you some cash before hand. I'll double check the calendar but that seems like a good day.
    Steve
    '99 Custom Bobber
    '02 VTR1000

July 17 works for me. Let me know what the cost is estimated to be so that I can start robbing my kids piggy bank.
    Ray

99 VTR 1000
    86 CR 250R

Let me go ;-)

Mind if I show up on my gsxr1000? I need somewhere to ride that day.
    -Chase-
    '04 GSXR1000
    '93 GSXR750
    Cell: 720-273-3666

DATE HAS CHANGED!!!!!

We're now doing this July 31st.

Sorry for the confusion and change here, but I had something come up on the 17th.

I need to know what y'all want to do to your bikes too! Let me know if you're in for the full ignition advancement stuff, fork oil change, etc, or if you just want to sync the carbs and TPS and call it a day... So I know what to order!

cool No problem on the date.
    I want to get the ignition advancer and sync the carbs + the TPS.
    Let me know the cost for the parts and I will shoot over the money to you.
    also can you see if you can get the K&N filters cheaper than $75 from your contacts.
    Tom
    2003 SuperHawk

I'd be looking to tune in the suspension, ignition advance, possible K&N filter.

Let me doulbe check the new date, but at first glance it seems fine.

Money Money Money, let me know how much and you'll have it!
    Steve
    '99 Custom Bobber
    '02 VTR1000

I would like to do carb sync, TPS, and fork oil, brake and clutch fluid.
    Ray

99 VTR 1000
    86 CR 250R

Are Yamaha's allowed? Already did forks/new springs, but I need some help measuring static sag.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy
    Are Yamaha's allowed? Already did forks/new springs, but I need some help measuring static sag.
    Well, this is technically a superhawk party. You can come, but you probably won't get garage space.

Ok, some prices:

+4deg ignition advancer: $47.25
    ** Will also need a right side cover gasket and coolant to change the advancer out, probably about $25 for these things total but I'm waiting on the quote now.

BMC street filter: $63 (K&N is $69 but I'm told the BMC's are better anyway)

We may be able to get by without oil changes. If you want one, let me know and I will get prices on oil (be sure to tell me if you have an oil preference). I already have filters from Tom / CarQuest donated to the wrench party, so this would be a good time to change it! (hint hint) If anyone would like to run the AMSOIL full-synthetic, I get it for 20% off retail. Other oils are available as well at various costs.

Fork oil - gonna be cheap. Under $10 I think. Waiting on quote for that too.

Carb sync and TPS adjustments: Mostly free. Plan to kick about $3 my way for the hose attachments and screws I'll need to leave on your bike. I have the rest of the tools we'll need.

Suspension adjustments: Free. Just remember, I'm not the expert on this. But we'll get it close.

Do any of you have a triple-clamp lifting front stand (like the pit bull)? I don't have one, but we'll need it to change out the fork oil since the forks need to come out of the bike at that point.

Also there will be a little extra tagged on for shipping. Once everyone tells me what they're in for, I can place the order. Remember, I need to be reimbursed asap!! If you cannot do this in the next week or two let me know this now, otherwise I'll expect the cash. Have bills to pay here too.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Well, this is technically a superhawk party. You can come, but you probably won't get garage space.
    There may very well be a brand new black SuperChicken in my near future...does that count?
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy
    Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    There may very well be a brand new black SuperChicken in my near future...does that count?
    Well, get it before the 31st, buy some parts for it out of my list, and bring it over so I can make it faster!

Ain’t gonna happen by the 31st. I’ll start bugging you to test ride yours when it gets serious.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Since you are going to start ordering parts for this here is what I want:
    Ignition advancer, sync the carbs and tps
    also get me the bmc filter.
    I will give you the money on Weds the 21st at Brecks if that is cool.
    I am figuring about 150 for all of that let me know what the total is either way.
    Thanks
    Tom
    2003 SuperHawk