Thread: Ricky Orlando "Race" Class @ Pueblo

Ricky Orlando "Race" Class @ Pueblo

I just got back from my "race" class with Ricky Orlando down at Pueblo Motorsports Park (PMP). First off, let me just say that I'm not one for hyping people up or giving glowing reviews, so this is rare for me... but Ricky's class is top notch, and was one of the best experiences I've had on a motorcycle so far.

Granted, I've been riding for less than two years, so I think that alone allowed the class to have a huge impact. I soaked up TONS of information and grew leaps and bounds in my confidence level. I feel like I have a lot of techniques to practice and work on in the coming months which will keep me plenty busy, and I look forward to taking classes from Ricky again in the future.

We got lucky - there were only THREE of us in the entire class. YES - THREE! We got A LOT of individual attention and instruction, and the entire day was simply a blast. I'll admit, I don't think I'll be so lucky to be in a 3-person class again, so I'm glad I got spoiled my first time out. There was another class sharing PMP while we were there, and a 1 or 2 riders there for open practice, but in total I don't think there were more than 10 cycles at the track. Aside from the first session where we shared the track with the other group - I never saw another bike near me all day.

We started slow, with classroom instruction and then some warmup laps. As Ricky could tell we were comfortable with his speed, he quickly increased the pace. We rotated between track time and class tim (typically 30 minutes of class / 30 minutes of track) and every bit of it was extremely informative. He touched on everything from basic safety rules to line choice, track analysis, weight placement and balance, head position and body position, to bike setup, track day planning and even mental preperation before a race. For those of us seeking our novice license, he went over the necessary MRA rules at the end of the day.

Although I am new to motorcycling and got a plethora of information from this class, I would recommend it to ANYONE who is looking to improve their confidence level, on the track OR even the street. My only suggestion... take a NOTEBOOK! I wish I had one to remember all of the classroom info!!! He is considering a follow-up to this class that starts off where this one left off, for those people looking to get even more detail.

For me, it was money well spent ($295), and I would do it again in a heartbeat. In fact, I'm already planning to take his August class... I just had too much damn fun!

Thanks Ricky!

For those of you interested, check out www.rickyorlando.com

Re: Ricky Orlando "Race" Class @ Pueblo

+1 for RO. He cares and demonstrates that with his teaching style. Excellent one on one feedback.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler