Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you be thinking about?

Gold Member

Re: What would you be thinking about?

i think i would be thinking that taking pics while riding is probly not the best idea in the world...

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

The first thing that comes to mind is around 100 yds prior to entering the 'cone-zone' I would evaluate the situation as to whether or not the idiot barricade crew placed the cones in the proper configuration and that I was on the correct side of the demarcation line. Don't kid yourself, I've seen screwball barricades configured in the WRONG configuration that lead traffic into the problem areas rather than away from them.

Seeing that the activity is fence repair/replacement it most likely would be prudent to observe any foreign material (NAILS and/or SCREWS) scattered about. One would have the best opportunity to do this at a SLOWER speed. I'd probably position myself in the left third of the lane closer to the center (yellow) line until I passed the construction zone.

Oncoming traffic is ALWAYS and issue. So the car with the bike can be considered nothing more than a potential menace.

Oh, and it's always a good thing to be in the correct gear in case you have to escape any goof that might want to screw with your ride.

Obviously too much thought needs to go into this sport. I think I'll hang it up.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post

Obviously too much thought needs to go into this sport. I think I'll hang it up.
    no shit....
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).