Thread: race gloves

johns hopkins university slaving through my premed studies

race gloves

i think my current riding gloves are not race ama/mra/ccs approved, but putting so much $$ into the new race bike leaves little extra to buy new gloves. what is the cheapest ama approved gloves i can buy? and are they big and bulky, where the vegas heat will just kill my hands, or are there glove that allow my hands to breath? you guys are the pros, what do you think?
    "If you're not a Democrat by the time you're 20, you have no heart. If you're not a Republican by the time you're 30, you have no brain." Winston Churchill.

NESBA #113!
    Italian chick on a bike. always looking for riding partners! ( ride year-round) (sway-the chick from gone in 60 secounds-the nickname just stuck)

Any glove that has a leather palm and leather that covers the fingers is MRA approved & since our rules are based on the AMA rules they would be AMA legal as well! So simply put you could go to Ace hardware and get some leather work gloves for $4.99 & you would be all set.One question though.... what are your hands worth to you?? im not saying you have to buy the most expensive race gloves made but buy the best ones you can afford.
    The most important thing anyone should spend money on first is the best safety gear possible.Of course this is just my opinion but in the last 7 years of racing in all the crashes i have had none of my injuries were caused by safety gear failing to do its job!
    You can read the MRA Rule book here http://www.mra-racing.org/PDF/Offici...A_Rulebook.pdf
    Mike Hard Core Racing #25

I think Mike summarized things well, but just wanted to mention that in the "Gear" forum on this site, there is a pretty good discussion of gloves, including mention of some good deals you might be interested in...

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...opic.php?t=174

Hope that helps!
    Alex
    MRA #68
    http://www.3dstickfight.com/racing/
    Racing Performance Services, Racer Supply Co., Morse Racing Products
    ”Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature nor do the children of humankind as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
    -- Helen Keller

johns hopkins university slaving through my premed studies
    thanks for the help guys! see ya out at the track!
    "If you're not a Democrat by the time you're 20, you have no heart. If you're not a Republican by the time you're 30, you have no brain." Winston Churchill.

NESBA #113!
    Italian chick on a bike. always looking for riding partners! ( ride year-round) (sway-the chick from gone in 60 secounds-the nickname just stuck)