Thread: Only four positions left for students at the Total Control Advance Rider Clinic for

Only four positions left for students at the Total Control Advance Rider Clinic for

Down to three, possibly two spots.

July 28th, 2007. Full day of training. This course is highly recommended for any rider who has their own bike, is comfortable with their riding and is looking to improve upon their skill sets for the road and track.

Several CSC members have taken the course and have come away with definable improvements in their technique, ability to react effectively to situations on the street and riding safety.

"In today's age of high-horsepower superbikes, large-displacement cruisers and super-heavy-weight tourers, riding skills are more important than ever for safe, fun motorcycling. Unfortunately for experienced riders, there is a large gap between the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Experienced RiderCourse (ERC) and the many racetrack schools around the country. Many riders are interested in improving their skills but are unwilling to take on the additional risks associated with a high-speed environment. If you fit into the "I'm interested" group, you're not alone. In fact, if you add up all the attendees of all the race schools together, they only represent a tiny percentage of street riders. This is not to say they are not good schools. To the contrary, they have much to offer. But they are not for everyone. Fortunately, Lee Parks' Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic (Total Control ARC) has a solution for those experienced riders "caught in the middle," as well as those track-day junkies and racers who want to be able to further enhance their skills in a controlled environment with expert instruction."

http://www.t3rg.com/default.html
    Last edited by pilot; Mon Jul 23rd, 2007 at 09:02 AM.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Re: Only four positions left for students at the Total Control Advance Rider Clinic f

bump

Rider Workshop-USA

*Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

I brought all my shoes and all my glasses so I would have them

Re: Only four positions left for students at the Total Control Advance Rider Clinic f

ouch...$295.00
    ~Travis~
    It's okay...I'm a Doctor.
    Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    Everybody on CSC knows everything
    2003 GSX-R600 - Former Love
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R - Former Love
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R - Former Love
    2004 DRZ400E - New Dirty
    2002 KFX 650 - Quad

For me it was well worth it, it definitely has changed the way I ride now.....

Everyone may walk away with something different, but I thought it was well worth it.
    "“Don’t have good ideas if you arent willing to be responsible for them” - Alan J. Perlis"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Joe Siphek View Post
    ouch...$295.00

The price/skills development appears to be in-line with other courses:

Ricky Orlando:

Advanced Track Session “street”: If you own a sportbike and would like to learn the limits of it safely, this is the course for you. Cornering, braking, body position, identifying turns and proper line choice are items covered. Full leathers and gear required. 5 hours of track and classroom time. Students provide bike.
    Next Adv. Track Session is August 6, 2007 (in Pueblo) $295

Pridmore's Star school:1 Day $360.00
    2 Days $675.00:
    STAR Motorcycle School will teach you skills in:
    - Concentration, Relaxation, and Breathing- Smoothness- Visual Skills and Awareness- Discipline- Body Position- Cornering Lines- Steering Techniques- Shifting Techniques- Braking Techniques- Reference Points- Managing and Optimizing Traction- Overcoming Panic- Suspension and Chassis Basics

Keith Code's California Superbike cornering skills:
    $450 1 day/$2250 2 Day:

When you come to our LEVEL I cornering school you get a full briefing on each of the six most common errors riders from novice to world class racers make and why you make them. We give you the ways and the means (on-track exercises) to correct and control such observable errors as: uncertain corner entry speeds, rider generated instability, intermittent traction, sloppy turn entry positioning, imprecise steering and poor bike/rider interface. Then we tease you with a taste of the level II drills; vision and corner positioning. These drills aren't vague guesses about riding, they're Crystal Clear.

Rider Workshop-USA

Agreed. Especially if that's not a typo and Keith Code's 2 day class really is $2250!!

BAH! i have a TD the very next day at hastings. when is the next time this course is offered?

Quote Originally Posted by uberwench View Post
    Agreed. Especially if that's not a typo and Keith Code's 2 day class really is $2250!!
    Taken right from his website.

Quote Originally Posted by dillinger09 View Post
    BAH! i have a TD the very next day at hastings. when is the next time this course is offered?
    Looks like it will be in the second or third week of August. I feel your pain. The CSC trackday is the very next morning and it will be tough for me to do that...

Rider Workshop-USA

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    The CSC trackday is the very next morning and it will be tough for me to do that...
    And there's Vanmar track day at Pueblo on Monday. I'm going to be at all three days. Motorcycle immersion therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by uberwench View Post
    And there's Vanmar track day at Pueblo on Monday. I'm going to be at all three days. Motorcycle immersion therapy.
    So true. Looks as if I'll be in MC stuff all weekend through Monday.

Rider Workshop-USA

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    Looks like it will be in the second or third week of August.
    I looked at the schedule and did not see those dates. Are they just not posted there? Which location?

I would love to do this, but call me a wuss if you like, I just can't handle riding in parking lots in my leathers @ 150,000 degrees outside, it makes me

That said, if a spot is still open when I get back into town on friday afternoon, I might not be able to resist a little extra training. It is DEFINITELY the best modification you can make on your bike!!!!
    B-King- no longer

Quote Originally Posted by crunch View Post
    I looked at the schedule and did not see those dates. Are they just not posted there? Which location?

I would love to do this, but call me a wuss if you like, I just can't handle riding in parking lots in my leathers @ 150,000 degrees outside, it makes me

That said, if a spot is still open when I get back into town on friday afternoon, I might not be able to resist a little extra training. It is DEFINITELY the best modification you can make on your bike!!!!
    We just looked at finalizing those August dates. Keep an eye on the website. Yep, you'll drink quite a bit of water that day.

Rider Workshop-USA