• Chris V

0 0%
  • Pedrosa

0 0%
  • Miguel

1 2.94%
  • Other

0 0%

Thread: Who's gonna throw down the win at Laguna?

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Who's gonna throw down the win at Laguna?

Nicky is having a tough year, Stoner's having a great year only been there once before. Rossi has never won at Laguna and must be feeling a bit peckish.....so who's it gonna be?

Colin?

Roger Lee?

Miguel?

I think this could end up being one of the best races of the season!

Scott
    Last edited by rybo; Fri Jul 20th, 2007 at 11:36 AM. Reason: fixed error

Re: Who's gonna throw down the win at Laguna?

Stoner just needs to stay ahead of Rossi in points race for race. I don't think you'll see him doing anything drastic the rest of the season. Hayden looked really good last race and is stoked for the US-GP!!!! I'm gonna root for Nicky!!!!!!!!!

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

STONER
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Rossi wont push that hard... he doesnt like the track, thinks its unsafe.

Stoner has something to prove after crashing out last season, and is riding so well this season, I think hes going to take it.

Nicky... well hes nicky only good at one track I dont think he will win it this year, i would love to see an american on top, but not nicky. Come on Hopper!

lel
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I think this is finally Rossi's year, personally. I would love to see a battle between him and Colin a-la 2005, but for the win.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

AKA "Devaclis"

Zemke
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

LOL who voted for Roger Lee and Miguel HAHA?
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

Quote Originally Posted by Lel View Post
    LOL who voted for Roger Lee and Miguel HAHA?
    Who do you think?
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

This will be Hopkins farewell win for Suzuki....I hope.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

I went with Rossi, because I have to disagree with everything Jason says.

On a different note - Hoffman is injured and CHAZ DAVIES is replacing him!!!! Chaz was out at MMP and was a really nice guy. He kept saying hi to my kids and hanging out and talking. Now he is riding a bike I can only dream of touching... I say you add Chaz to the poll.
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

I'm saying Rossi too... after last race and with his points he needs to win. He's been fast here before, and Nicky's struggling... besides, even if Colin is ahead, he will let Rossi pass for points if it comes down to it. Which is a bummer as I'd like to see Colin win one.
    ###############

Geoff Snyder
    MRA #76 (formerly #828 )
    Bike: '07 GSX-R1000

Quote Originally Posted by mra828 View Post
    <snip...> even if Colin is ahead, he will let Rossi pass for points if it comes down to it. Which is a bummer as I'd like to see Colin win one.
    I don't know the team "plan" or any agreement the two guys have, but I couldn't handle seeing Colin handing over the top spot on the box like that, just for points reasons. I mean... I understand, but come on... He's looking for his first win, and he's a gamer. I just don't see it.

I'd personally rather see him get fired than to do that. If it were me, there would be no way in hell. If they asked me to, I'd resign my ride, right there on the spot.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Fri Jul 20th, 2007 at 04:12 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Gonna have to go with Nicky. It has been a though year, but last week he had a good run and got on the podium giving him good momentium and a great mind set heading into Laguna. Rossi does not like the track, but will have something to prove and needs to get back in the mix to have a chance at the championship. Either way going to be a great race!!
    05 Yamaha FZ6

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    I'd personally rather see him get fired that to do that. If it were me, there would be no way in hell. If they asked me to, I'd resign my ride, right there on the spot.
    You're making 2 mil a year on the top team in Moto GP....You're guaranteed a contract for "being a team player" and helping your team remain the top team in moto GP and you'd resign?

Hell I'd love to recover my COSTS for racing motorcycles, much less make big money doing it. At the same time I see your point, they got here because they are Type A hard driven personalities.....My guess is that Rossi would NEVER want to take a win that way and would be furious that someone GAVE it to him.

I'm in for Rybo in second, right behind Ben Bostrom. His second place finish might look like a guy flying off a bike accross the finish line though. I'm in for the lowside this time.

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Repsol a095 View Post
    I'm in for Rybo in second, right behind Ben Bostrom. His second place finish might look like a guy flying off a bike accross the finish line though. I'm in for the lowside this time.

I've already filed my flight plan, departing the corkscrew, climbing to an altitude of 13 feet, cruising for .8 seconds and arriving (surprisingly) at the corkscrew.

I said Edwards....just because. It would be really cool if I was right.
    13 BMW F800GS, 01 Suzuki DRZ 400S
    "It's not about the destination. It's about the ride"
    www.colorado2wheels.com

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    I don't know the team "plan" or any agreement the two guys have, but I couldn't handle seeing Colin handing over the top spot on the box like that, just for points reasons. I mean... I understand, but come on... He's looking for his first win, and he's a gamer. I just don't see it.

I'd personally rather see him get fired that to do that. If it were me, there would be no way in hell. If they asked me to, I'd resign my ride, right there on the spot.
    I just assume that's part of the deal when you sign up as Rossi's teammate... But I'm with you - I'd love to see Colin win. Especially if he defies team orders to do so.

I still think Rossi will win it though.
    ###############

Geoff Snyder
    MRA #76 (formerly #828 )
    Bike: '07 GSX-R1000

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO View Post
    You're making 2 mil a year on the top team in Moto GP....You're guaranteed a contract for "being a team player" and helping your team remain the top team in moto GP and you'd resign?
    Going on the assumption that Colin Edwards is not late on any of his bills, you're damn right I would. Call me a nearsighted competitor, but if I have a chance to win a race (My First Race) infront of my home country, and my team asked me to "give up the spot" so-to-speak if I were fighting it out with my teammate for the win, I would polietly decline and see what my options were.

I figure it's a more honorable path than saying "cool", and then not doing it, but yeah... Not a chance in hell. I can't see Colin Edward's pride as a racer and (again) a competitor, having any price on it. Not at this point in his life/career.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by Filo View Post
    I went with Rossi, because I have to disagree with everything Jason says.
    I really!! would like to see Rossi win.. well its a toss up... between hopkins and rossi, im happy if either of them win.

Rossi has said numerous times that he does not feel safe at laguna... its the shortest track on the GP circuit, and in his thoughts the most unsafe.

As far as Nicky... I wont get into the yokal .... that little whinner lol

Hopkins has never had that experience in the GP to be up front the whole race... so i dont think he will manage to do it... realistically I think the race will go:

1) Stoner
    2) Hayden
    3) Rossi
    4) Hopkins
    5) Pedrosa
    6) Edwards
    7) Melandri

w/ the high possibility that 2, 3, and 4 will switch places a lot... but most likely end like the above... but very likely that rossi 2 and hayden 3.... a small chance that edwards beats pedrosa...

ill stand by that
    Last edited by Lel; Fri Jul 20th, 2007 at 05:13 PM.
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar

Went with Edwards.

I think we all know who voted for RLH.

Would love to see Edwards win it at Laguna for the last time.
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.

I think that Rybo will recover from the highside off the corkscrew to take the win...

Go big red! Go STONER! May the ducatisti be with you!

Robb in Laguna Seca.
    "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

'06 Ducati 749S - Black with White Tail / '04 KTM 950 Adventure

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMotard View Post
    I think that Rybo will recover from the highside off the corkscrew to take the win...

Go big red! Go STONER! May the ducatisti be with you!

Robb in Laguna Seca.

Your delusional ---- and I'm not
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

I'm hoping Hayden can win it again. Stoner is looking very strong this year. This track is not for Rossi. Edwards could win it. But, still, Hayden knows this track better than any GP rider.
    '01 SV 650 S
    '08 Gary Fisher mtn. bike
    '69 Austin Healey Sprite
    '92 GTI