Thread: Help some kids, get cheaper track time!

Help some kids, get cheaper track time!

Time's running out to ride in the Racing 2 Save Lives event, which is taking place NEXT WEEK (June 21-25) right here at Second Creek! I know you may be putting off registering, but it just takes a minute, and shows your commitment to helping children in need.

(Read through the Q&A, then scroll down to answer some basic questions about who you are and when you plan to come out.)

Besides, what could be better than track time at SCR for $20?? Yep you heard right, $20 for every 3 hour slot you sign up for. But, you can GET IT FREE. All you need to do when signing up is download our pledge form, and have people you know pledge money towards the miles you ride. We'll tally 'em up using the MRA's transponder system all week long, and tell you how far you made it. If your pledges match or exceed the $20 you'd normally have to pay for, you don't have to pay to ride!

Second Creek has graciosuly closed the track to cars all week long for our event, so you will be riding with fellow racers and trackday enthusiasts. We'll have corner crews and people to help you in the pits, and you even get an awesome t-shirt just for doing it! Yes that's right - a STAFFED track, AND a free shirt, AND tracktime, for $20 or equivalent pledges at a minimum, and it ALL goes towards helping children in need! There is basically no logical reason why you would not want to do this.

Don't want to ride your own bike? We have made additional R2SL bikes available for people on a first-come-first-served basis, and have additional slots open on them now - but we're filling them up quick so you need to get in quick on those. Of course you're also welcome to ride your own bike, and if you do so you are open to any of the slots we have.

Starting at 5pm on Friday right at the track, we're also kicking off a sweet party to finish up the event and get us all ready for a weekend of MRA races - I'm talking food, music, probably even a pocketbike race series (details to be announced). Racers and volunteers get in free (you will receive arm bands that get you in), anyone else just needs to pay $5 minimum donation to our charity fund at the gate, though more is very welcome.

Once more, you can sign up right away at this web page:
    http://www.racing2savelives.org/race.php

Once you register, you will be contacted to confirm your slot and give you a welcome packet with some important information you will need to know.

If you have any questions about this please do not hesitate to contact myself or Tony Baker directly.

Thanks, and I hope to see ALL of you out at SCR next week to help us make this the best charity event in history!

- Ralph Forsythe
    Event Operations Director | Racing 2 Save Lives
    rforsythe @ 5280tech.com

where do you sign up

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

Sorry, I did forget the web link didn't I...

*puts down the crack and slowly steps away from the keyboard*

Damn, I would Ralph but were gonna be at Deals Gap next week
    Jason
    Bikeless for now...

Updated all of the first post... You know you want to read it.