Thread: CSC Trackday NEED TO KNOW INFO

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

CSC Trackday NEED TO KNOW INFO

Hi Kids!

Here we are, one week out. So here it is; The Everything You Need To Know Thread!

Stuff you need:

1. Full leathers- one piece preferred, 2 piece acceptable if they zip all the way around.
    2. A back protector
    3. A full face helmet (flip ups are not acceptable)
    4. Gloves that extend past your wrist
    5. Boots that cover your ankles
    6. Emergency contact information in an obvious place (tell a friend)

Stuff your bike needs:

1. Bike should be in good condition- no leaks of any kind (including fork seals). All parts should be properly secured to the bike
    2. Tires should have at least 50% tread remaining
    3. Brake pads should have at least 50% remaining
    4. All antifreeze should be drained and replaced with straight water or water with water wetter. (this is VERY important)
    5. Mirrors are to be removed
    6. Lights are to be taped over (prefer disconnected)

While there won't be any formal tech inspection, bikes will be spot checked and you will be asked to correct any deficiencies. Do your homework ahead of time and make sure your bike is ready to go.

A basic schedule:

7:00 AM - Gate Opens
    7:30 AM - All rider meeting
    8:00 AM - Track goes hot (Fast Group) - Class Starts
    8:20 AM - Slow Group
    8:40 AM - Class has the track
    9:00 AM - Fast
    9:20 AM - Slow
    9:40 AM - Class
    Repeats Until Lunch
    12:00 - Lunch Track will be cold during lunch. We will do door prizes at this time and have an afternoon riders meeting.

Depending on how things are shaking out with the groups (based on input from the most experienced riders and the instructors) we may continue to stick with 20 minute sessions (fast, medium, slow) or 30 minute sessions (fast, slow)

We have an extremely wide range of speed and experience signed up to take part in this day, from first timers to folks who are very very fast. Lets please remember that this is designed as a TRACK DAY and not a race or race practice. There is no problem (as far as I can tell) with the racers amongst us getting some practice in, but I'm asking you guys to remember it's a track day. We're here to have some fun and be around fun people.

Now, in that line of thinking: Crashing: If you crash in the morning I'm going to ask you to take a significant break. At the discretion of the medics (for checking out you) and a qualified instructor (for checking out your bike) you MIGHT be allowed back out on the track after lunch. If you crash after lunch, I'm sorry, but your day is done. Best solution....don't crash.

Other Info:

PMP has graciously offered to open their cafe for us during the day. Here is the menu and the prices for food that day.

BREAKFAST BURRITO- $ 4.00 (Sausage, egg, 2 cheese, hash browns with special 200 mph chopped green chili's if requested).

FRUIT SALAD- $ 2.00 a bowl (Banana's, Strawberry, oranges)

CHEESEBURGER with Chips- $5.00
    HAMBURGER with Chips- $4.00
    1/4 POUND ALL BEEF HOT DOG with chips- $4.00
    TURKEY OR HAM SANDWICH with chips- $5.00
    CORN DOGS- ALL BEEF - $2.00

CHICKEN BUTTS- 5 for $5.00 (yep, their great. One taste and they'll want more and more. Chicken finger wrapped in bacon with Ene's secret marinate. YUMMY !)

CRUNCHY VEGETABLE SALAD with CASHEWS- $2.00 A BOWL. (great on a hot day)

FRIES- $ 1.50
    FUNNEL CAKES- $1.50
    CANDY BARS AND ICE CREAM- $1.00
    HOMEMADE WILDBERRY COBBLER WITH VANILLA ICE- $ 1.50

TEA (Sweetened and Unsweetened)- 21 oz $2.00 32 oz $3.00
    COKE, DIET COKE, SPRITE- 21 oz. $ 2.00 32 oz $3.00
    HOMEMADE LEMONADE- 21 oz. $2.00 32 oz $3.00
    WATER AND ALL POWERADE'S- $ 2.00

ICE- 20#'s for $ 4.00

We will have an ambulance and medics on site all day (let's try not to need them!)

We will have Vanmar Racing on site with tire changing equipment!

Dave, with fixmybike.com is going to be there offering basic suspension set up for a very reasonable price (IRDAVE on the board here)

We have GREAT door prizes for the day thanks to a great number of local shops, including
    Faster, Tri City, Colorado Powersports, Performance Cycle, Rebellion Motorsports, Pueblo Motorsports Park, Erico Motorsports, Stan's Automotive, Twin Peaks, Uber-Wheels photography, Marc (photography) and Fay Myers. ( I think that's it, but it's past midnight, so I may have forgotton someone).

I know there are some questions about the money part of this track day and I will be happy to post up the final details after the day is done and I have all of the actual expenses tallied. I am certain that we have all of our expenses covered for the day and that there will be some money left over to donate to the Gene fund in the name of the CSC.

Finally, we have some CSC members who are showing up just to help out and be a part of the day. These volunteers will be taking on thankless jobs that are so very important, such as watching the gate at the track enterance so that cars aren't crossing the track while we're riding, flagging sessions, watching some of our critical corners etc. Please make sure during the day you say thanks to them.

I think that's all I've got for now. IF you have any questions please let me know.

See you in a week!

Scott
    Last edited by rybo; Sun Jul 22nd, 2007 at 12:48 AM.