Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CSC Trackday NEED TO KNOW INFO

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

CSC Trackday NEED TO KNOW INFO

Hi Kids!

Here we are, one week out. So here it is; The Everything You Need To Know Thread!

Stuff you need:

1. Full leathers- one piece preferred, 2 piece acceptable if they zip all the way around.
    2. A back protector
    3. A full face helmet (flip ups are not acceptable)
    4. Gloves that extend past your wrist
    5. Boots that cover your ankles
    6. Emergency contact information in an obvious place (tell a friend)

Stuff your bike needs:

1. Bike should be in good condition- no leaks of any kind (including fork seals). All parts should be properly secured to the bike
    2. Tires should have at least 50% tread remaining
    3. Brake pads should have at least 50% remaining
    4. All antifreeze should be drained and replaced with straight water or water with water wetter. (this is VERY important)
    5. Mirrors are to be removed
    6. Lights are to be taped over (prefer disconnected)

While there won't be any formal tech inspection, bikes will be spot checked and you will be asked to correct any deficiencies. Do your homework ahead of time and make sure your bike is ready to go.

A basic schedule:

7:00 AM - Gate Opens
    7:30 AM - All rider meeting
    8:00 AM - Track goes hot (Fast Group) - Class Starts
    8:20 AM - Slow Group
    8:40 AM - Class has the track
    9:00 AM - Fast
    9:20 AM - Slow
    9:40 AM - Class
    Repeats Until Lunch
    12:00 - Lunch Track will be cold during lunch. We will do door prizes at this time and have an afternoon riders meeting.

Depending on how things are shaking out with the groups (based on input from the most experienced riders and the instructors) we may continue to stick with 20 minute sessions (fast, medium, slow) or 30 minute sessions (fast, slow)

We have an extremely wide range of speed and experience signed up to take part in this day, from first timers to folks who are very very fast. Lets please remember that this is designed as a TRACK DAY and not a race or race practice. There is no problem (as far as I can tell) with the racers amongst us getting some practice in, but I'm asking you guys to remember it's a track day. We're here to have some fun and be around fun people.

Now, in that line of thinking: Crashing: If you crash in the morning I'm going to ask you to take a significant break. At the discretion of the medics (for checking out you) and a qualified instructor (for checking out your bike) you MIGHT be allowed back out on the track after lunch. If you crash after lunch, I'm sorry, but your day is done. Best solution....don't crash.

Other Info:

PMP has graciously offered to open their cafe for us during the day. Here is the menu and the prices for food that day.

BREAKFAST BURRITO- $ 4.00 (Sausage, egg, 2 cheese, hash browns with special 200 mph chopped green chili's if requested).

FRUIT SALAD- $ 2.00 a bowl (Banana's, Strawberry, oranges)

CHEESEBURGER with Chips- $5.00
    HAMBURGER with Chips- $4.00
    1/4 POUND ALL BEEF HOT DOG with chips- $4.00
    TURKEY OR HAM SANDWICH with chips- $5.00
    CORN DOGS- ALL BEEF - $2.00

CHICKEN BUTTS- 5 for $5.00 (yep, their great. One taste and they'll want more and more. Chicken finger wrapped in bacon with Ene's secret marinate. YUMMY !)

CRUNCHY VEGETABLE SALAD with CASHEWS- $2.00 A BOWL. (great on a hot day)

FRIES- $ 1.50
    FUNNEL CAKES- $1.50
    CANDY BARS AND ICE CREAM- $1.00
    HOMEMADE WILDBERRY COBBLER WITH VANILLA ICE- $ 1.50

TEA (Sweetened and Unsweetened)- 21 oz $2.00 32 oz $3.00
    COKE, DIET COKE, SPRITE- 21 oz. $ 2.00 32 oz $3.00
    HOMEMADE LEMONADE- 21 oz. $2.00 32 oz $3.00
    WATER AND ALL POWERADE'S- $ 2.00

ICE- 20#'s for $ 4.00

We will have an ambulance and medics on site all day (let's try not to need them!)

We will have Vanmar Racing on site with tire changing equipment!

Dave, with fixmybike.com is going to be there offering basic suspension set up for a very reasonable price (IRDAVE on the board here)

We have GREAT door prizes for the day thanks to a great number of local shops, including
    Faster, Tri City, Colorado Powersports, Performance Cycle, Rebellion Motorsports, Pueblo Motorsports Park, Erico Motorsports, Stan's Automotive, Twin Peaks, Uber-Wheels photography, Marc (photography) and Fay Myers. ( I think that's it, but it's past midnight, so I may have forgotton someone).

I know there are some questions about the money part of this track day and I will be happy to post up the final details after the day is done and I have all of the actual expenses tallied. I am certain that we have all of our expenses covered for the day and that there will be some money left over to donate to the Gene fund in the name of the CSC.

Finally, we have some CSC members who are showing up just to help out and be a part of the day. These volunteers will be taking on thankless jobs that are so very important, such as watching the gate at the track enterance so that cars aren't crossing the track while we're riding, flagging sessions, watching some of our critical corners etc. Please make sure during the day you say thanks to them.

I think that's all I've got for now. IF you have any questions please let me know.

See you in a week!

Scott
    Last edited by rybo; Sun Jul 22nd, 2007 at 12:48 AM.

Re: CSC Trackday NEED TO KNOW INFO

wish I had someone like you to coach me though thunderhill RYBO. Good luck and hope everyone heeds your simply instructions.
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

Big thanks Scott! See you there...
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Hey all! Just to let you know I will be there... as support for my pals... my bike still isn't up but I plan on coming down and watching you all for as long as I can stand the heat. Jim is planning on coming too. What time should I come Scott? (seeing as the schedule doesn't pertain to me....)
    Hey! I'm unique... just like everybody else

Good stuff to know... I posted it in the other thread but no responses, does anyone have a back protector I could borrow for the day?

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: CSC Trackday NEED TO KNOW INFO

People,
    Pueblo is traditionaly very hot this time of year.
    Start hydrating on Thursday/Friday.
    If I think I need a gallon of H20 for the day I bring two.
    I would rather haul it home than not have it.
    I usually end up drinking it.
    Sunscreen and shade also make a big difference.
    If I am comfortable in the pits I tend to be more
    comfortable on the track.
    I will have some tools and a tire gauge there if needed.

Later,
    Bash
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by suzinpink View Post
    Hey all! Just to let you know I will be there... as support for my pals... my bike still isn't up but I plan on coming down and watching you all for as long as I can stand the heat. Jim is planning on coming too. What time should I come Scott? (seeing as the schedule doesn't pertain to me....)
    Tam....you can come anytime you want, but the gate will only be open between sessions for a few minutes once the track goes hot at 8 AM. I would TRY to get there before then. If not look for short windows every 20 mins or so

Glad you're joining us, can't wait to see you.

Scott

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

I can bring a 10'x10' canopy if that would help out with some shade? Would need someone to help me set it up though, but I'll share it with ya.
    Last edited by McVaaahhh; Mon Jul 23rd, 2007 at 11:12 PM.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Don't forget extra fuel! Otherwise, you could be spending the afternoon watching the action.

Scott,
    I wanted to say thank you for taking all of your time to set this up, organize it (very well i might add), set up the sponsors for all the great door prizes I will be taking home with me and for just being a great all around guy both on here and when I have seen you out in public. It is not always easy being giving of your self but you do.

See you all down there!

Reminder to those bringing canopies... PMP can be VERY windy! Consider bringing a few tent stakes and rope to tie your canopy down if need be. She may try to fly away on ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
    Don't forget extra fuel! Otherwise, you could be spending the afternoon watching the action.
    Wait, they don't have gas at the track? I need to bring some with me? I can do about 110 miles on a tank at IMI. Is that going to be enough or do I have to bring a container?

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

That amount of fuel wont nearly be enough (no there is no fuel at the track).... you will probably to through 1.5 times what you would go through @ IMI... so figure 80-90 miles on one tank TOPS (40-45 laps... realistically you will do 50-80 laps if your riding a lot) i think a completely full tank gets me 27 laps last time i ran it dry. Thats only 60 miles...

figure on doing roughly 2 min lap times, in 3 20 min sessions you are already out of fuel
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

Ok good info. So I can bring 5 gallons of water or 5 gallons of gas. Tough choice

Thanks.

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Lel View Post
    That amount of fuel wont nearly be enough (no there is no fuel at the track).... you will probably to through 1.5 times what you would go through @ IMI... so figure 80-90 miles on one tank TOPS (40-45 laps... realistically you will do 50-80 laps if your riding a lot) i think a completely full tank gets me 27 laps last time i ran it dry. Thats only 60 miles...

figure on doing roughly 2 min lap times, in 3 20 min sessions you are already out of fuel
    I think this is VERY IMPORTANT. At my track class a couple weeks ago - a bunch of people ran out of fuel. When it's 6 or 7 people, it's OK to sell a couple gallons of gas to a rider in need. It's a different story with a packed house and 80 riders roamin' around... you don't want people getting the idea that you have gas available for the masses. Heads up - people are gonna be VERY stingy with their fuel... I KNOW I WILL BE!

BRING FUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We aren't that far from town. Couldn't we just run out and fill up and come back? It'd entale putting the mirrors back on, untaping the lights and plugging back in the fuzes of course. Any problem getting back on the track afterwards? (Just checking my options is all.)

Carl

I take it your riding the bike there? I don't envy you that. I would just find someone to carry a gas jug for you. You would have to wait to cross the track on the way out and back in, until the track goes cold between sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    I take it your riding the bike there? I don't envy you that. I would just find someone to carry a gas jug for you. You would have to wait to cross the track on the way out and back in, until the track goes cold between sessions.
    Nope getting a ride but I have to bring my gear to his place first. I have a 2 gallon gas container and my touring tank (5 gallons) but it's a bike mounted tank so it's a little cumbersome. I'll check with the neighbor to see if he has an extra tank or I'll just run out and pick one up if necessary.

Carl

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Yep, fill your tank prior to trailoring and bring a jug. This is a super great reminder. Thanks for the post Carl (and everyone else).

Way too much shit going on to think that you will just ride down to the local Loaf and Jug for a refill.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Carl, I've got an extra 5-gallon can I can fill and bring for you.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Carl, I've got an extra 5-gallon can I can fill and bring for you.

Dirk
    Let me see if I can snag one from the neighbor but thanks. We might consider bringing along what we can scrounge anyway in case someone else runs out.

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by dm_gsxr View Post
    We aren't that far from town. Couldn't we just run out and fill up and come back? It'd entale putting the mirrors back on, untaping the lights and plugging back in the fuzes of course. Any problem getting back on the track afterwards? (Just checking my options is all.)

Carl
    If the track is hot, you won't be able to leave - as you have to cross the track to enter/exit the facility. Doable if you time it between sessions, but could be quite a pain in the ass.

But it sounds like some one is brining some fuel for ya. Score!

I have a 5 and 2+ gallon gas can that I can bring down if anyone needs. I bring the cans, the gas is up to you.
    05 Yamaha FZ6

If you're still planning on riding down with Carl and I, just bring the cans to my place and I could definitely use them. Thanks