Thread: Pueblo Track Day and Race School--August 6, 2007

Pueblo Track Day and Race School--August 6, 2007

Pueblo Track Day and Race School* August 6 2007

Ricky Orlando and Steve Speake of Wheel Works are proud to announce that they will be holding a track day and Race School August 6 at Pueblo Motorsports Park.

*Ricky will be having an advanced race school with a suspension seminar.*

!!!With your school sign-up you can purchase one set of Dunlop Sportmax GP tires for only $150. Steve will have the Dunlop truck there to handle your tire needs.!!!

If you are looking to: carve off those extra seconds at PMI; get your race certification training; or just approved to ride PMI this is your opportunity.

Steve will also be serving lunch and will have a drawing for a free set of Dunlop tires. (due to instructor to student ratio size this class won't be to crowded so you chances of winning a set of tires might be pretty good)

An open PMI practice session (with prior approval from Ricky--as he has booked out the track for the day) will be available for those not wanting to participate in the class $75 (but of course, you need to be PMI approved for that)

The day will run from 8 am till 4 pm. Please call the Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School for details, class fee and to sign up at 303-666-6061. Ricky looks forward to speaking with you personally (Don't forget to mention to Ricky that you saw this on the CSC site).
    Last edited by pilot; Wed Aug 1st, 2007 at 10:02 PM.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Re: Pueblo Track Day and Race School--August 6, 2007

Bump: This is a good opportunity for those of you who will not have a chance to go to the CSC event this weekend. This level of training will not only help you become a rider on the track (for occasional fun or racing) but it will also provide you with excellent skill that you can use on the street. Skills that may save your life someday. As for myself, this will be the second Ricky Orlando Racing School I will attend.

Rider Workshop-USA

*Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

This is a great class and a GREAT deal for some Dunlop tires. I was initially signed up for this class but had to forfeit my spot due to a family emergency. I highly recommend this class!!!

Just giving a bump. This would be a good opportunity for those that would like to work on their technique after having had ridden on the track during the CSC track day.

Rider Workshop-USA

Is it a race class or advanced street class? http://www.rickyorlando.com/classes.asp Just going off what it says on the site. And I don't suppose you can defer payment can you? This lands right before my next pay check...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog View Post
    Is it a race class or advanced street class? http://www.rickyorlando.com/classes.asp Just going off what it says on the site. And I don't suppose you can defer payment can you? This lands right before my next pay check...
    The big difference is that the race class takes a some class time at the end to discuss race rules and procedures. the webmaster, for Ricky, is supposed to list this class under both titles on his site (street/race). Please feel free to contact Ricky at [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/pilot/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-8.jpg[/IMG]303-666-6061 for details on payment arrangements.

Rider Workshop-USA

Board Newbie

My Dad and I will be attending.....see you there.
    2003 GSXR 1000 (Silver)
    2005 FZ 1 (Silver)

I'll be there! I haven't been on the track for more than a year, so I'll give you all plenty of practice passing other bikes!
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Sorry for the thread hijack, but is Ricky a Dunlop tire distributer? If that tire price is for the 209 Sportmax GP tires, then that is a smokin' deal and I want to contact him about a tire purchase!

I wouldn't mind doing the school, but it is on a Monday, and I have that "job thing" going on.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinSpeedJunkie View Post
    Sorry for the thread hijack, but is Ricky a Dunlop tire distributer? If that tire price is for the 209 Sportmax GP tires, then that is a smokin' deal and I want to contact him about a tire purchase!

I wouldn't mind doing the school, but it is on a Monday, and I have that "job thing" going on.
    Ricky is not, Wheel Works is the vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Ricky is not, Wheel Works is the vendor.
    Do you have any contact information for them?

Wheel Works is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado with two locations to serve you. 3752 N. Nevada Ave, Corner of Winters & Nevada, across from the Dog Track, and just north of the Harley Davidson shop at I 25 & Nevada Ave.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Wheel Works is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado with two locations to serve you. 3752 N. Nevada Ave, Corner of Winters & Nevada, across from the Dog Track, and just north of the Harley Davidson shop at I 25 & Nevada Ave.
    Whooops, I grabbed the wrong one, ha.

Rider Workshop-USA

can people come and just do a trackday and not the school?

Need suspension work? www.fixmybike.com

The track is closed for training only (I believe until 4 per Ene's posted schedule http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=15177). Check with Pueblo for final details.

Rider Workshop-USA