Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RYBO'S TRACKDAY KICKED ASS!!!

Re: RYBO'S TRACKDAY KICKED ASS!!!

Super awesome day everyone!! I had a great time and got to meet some great people. Look forward to riding with many of you again in the weeks/months to come.

Now I gotta go unload my damn car. That's what I get for passing out on the sofa. Effin A.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

AWESOME DAY !!! Thank you so much Scott, Ene, our Instructors, our volunteers, and all those who made it happen yesterday ! It was great to meet new friends and see old friends !

A BIG THANK YOU to Mark Shellinger (sp) of Vanmar Racing for being my instructor

.. So when is the next one?
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

I have a lot of thank you's to say to people who helped me make this day come together:

1. Ene, Jay and the rest of the staff at PMP: You all are an absolute joy to work with.

2. Joe: Thanks so much for all of the work you and your crew of instructors did to keep our new riders safe.

3. Terri: thanks for keeping us on schedule. I know you think all you did was stand there and wave some flags, but your bladder disagrees. You were the official timepiece of the CSC trackday and a the whole reason we stayed on schedule all day.

4. Faster!, Fay Myers, Vanmar Racing, Colorado Powersports, Tri- City, Twin Peaks, Northern Colorado BMW/Ducati, Performance Cycle, Erico Motorsports, Rebellion Motorsports and Pueblo Motorsports Park. These are businesses that donated something to the door prize drawing at lunch. Please refer to the back of your official CSC 2007 trackday t-shirt when you need something for your motorcycle. These are the folks that supported us, let's return the favor!

5. All of the rest of the volunteers: Here's an interesting thing....I don't know what all you guys did, but that means you did it really well. Thanks for all of your efforts.

6. The photographers who came out and took some pictures: You guys were not only there to document the day for us, but you also were integral to the safety system we had in place all day. Thanks!

7. Last, but not least: All the riders who showed up, had a great time and kept the day safe. We had only one crash and a few VERY small incidents througout the day. Putting a bunch of people on the track together always has some risk involved. Everyone took this risk seriously and did what it took to make the day successful and safe. Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
    HUGE thanks to Scott for setting up the trackday.
    Later,
    Bash
    Bash, My thanks to you for having a bike out there for me to ride a few laps on. I'd never met you before yesterday and you just walked up and offered up your bike to me. Generous beyond compare. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I truly do not know where to start in thanking EVERYONE !! You truly raised the bar for other clubs to follow. S M O O T H........... We had a lot of fun with you and we cannot wait to repeat over and Over. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Ene
    I agree ENE, it was a great day. Thank you for all of the work YOU put into this day. You and your staff were totally willing to help at every turn. You are an absolute joy to work with and I'll look forward to seeing you again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by XBAM View Post
    Scott I can't tell you how much I appreciated the opportunity to come out and ride. All of the work you put into making this day happen, not to mention making my Pink Fizzy bike run - you are the MAN!!!
    I really want to thank everyone at the track who made my first experience so positive - and for having days like this. Thanks again.
    Bree...I'm really glad you had an awesome day on Pinky the Fizzer. I appreciate our friendship and it was my pleasure to help get you on the track yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    .. So when is the next one?
    Quote Originally Posted by McVaaahhh View Post
    Absolutely-friggen-spectacular!!!!

So, uh, when's the next one.
    Good news on this front! Pueblo has invited us back next year! The event went so well that they are looking for a weekend day to book us into next summer.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

... thank u ..
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO View Post
    Bash, My thanks to you for having a bike out there for me to ride a few laps on. I'd never met you before yesterday and you just walked up and offered up your bike to me. Generous beyond compare. Thank you.

...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

The event went so well that they are looking for a weekend day to book us into next summer.
    Only one?

Kidding... Or am I ...

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Good news on this front! Pueblo has invited us back next year! The event went so well that they are looking for a weekend day to book us into next summer.
    Put my name on the list!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    Put my name on the list!

I'm definitely in next year!!!
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Thanks for letting me come out and photograph .....I wish I could have stayed all day and grabbed more pics.... next time... =)

I will post a link to the photos later in the week.... =)

Here are several shots:
    "“Don’t have good ideas if you arent willing to be responsible for them” - Alan J. Perlis"

Thank Junichi! Looking forward to seeing more of these great pictures!
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Have to throw in the creative one for fun... .=)
    "“Don’t have good ideas if you arent willing to be responsible for them” - Alan J. Perlis"

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

My thanks list:
    1) Scott, what everyone posted +1. Way to organize a great event.
    2) Cathy, you may not have put on the miles on the track, but I bet you wore out those shoes.
    3) Terri, way to put in the hours, you couldn't pay me to do that all day, hope you didn't fry.
    4) Ene, what a great host, you had us cracking up with your drive-by humor making your rounds.
    5) Brian and Jen for the company and the shade. We may not have been the fastest group but I bet we laughed more than most.
    6) Dana and Linda for hauling the gear. Sorry you couldn't ride Dana, next year you and Linda both have to get out.
    7) Everyone who had to pass me, sorry for the rolling roadblocks. And thanks DK for not taking me out as promised, (was that the Rossi "You're #1 you flipped me?")
    And most of all I'd like to thank the maybe 3 people that were as slow as I was. Misery loves company.

Can't wait for next year.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

Someone's been playing on Photoshop . . . Sweet pics!
    www.onthemarcphotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider_9 View Post
    Someone's been playing on Photoshop . . . Sweet pics!

=)

Thanks......

One particularly memorable moment for me came during the third morning session. I got behind Jay and 4 or 5 other guys heading single file down the hill into turn 5. It was a beautiful sight to see when all the bikes, one by one, leaned into the turn in perfect synchronicity.

Dirk

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Big thanks for arranging the day for us Scott and a thanks to the PMP folks.

I have to learn to be a little less enthusiastic about riding though I stepped on one of the poor dogs feet (my deepest apologies) and almost threw Jim's new track bike off the rear stand when I moved left on the bike during class.

Thanks to the instructors especially for being patient even when I wasn't. I got the lines down pretty well by the end of the day and was using them to my advantage when others were hitting the apex too soon

Thanks to Corey (bluedog) and Ray (Roy? I suck with name) for the lift down and back. Lots of talking on the way down and I zonked right out on the way home. Comes from getting up at 3am and riding all day

See you guys at the next track day

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Scott, your organizational skillz are phenominal and you put on one of the best track days I've ever been able to attend. People in this club will talk about this until next year for sure.

Ene, thanks to all the PMP employees for making this such a smooth-running and enjoyable event. The food was excellent and the hospitality was far above and beyond what I think anyone expected.

To all the volunteers, you were all great and were instrumental in having the track day run so smoothly. Without the fantastic volunteers we had this would never had been possible. Also a big thanks go to Joe L. and all the rest of the instructor's that stepped up to help out.

To everyone who attended, excellent job of being patient and everyone was showing a great deal of respect out on the track.It definately was an awesome site to see.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

AWESOME DAY! Apparently there were a lot of people I missed out on seeing and saying hi to who were there...
    BASH: thanks for making scotts day a little better, I loved the chance to get out on the track and play with him
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

It's already been said but it's worth saying again...
    1.) Thank you Scott, a trackday that was very well organized!
    2.) Thank you PMP
    3.) Thank you volunteers
    4.) Thank you instructors
    5.) Thank you sponsors

P.S. Put me on the list for next year!
    "That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable."

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    To everyone who attended, excellent job of being patient and everyone was showing a great deal of respect out on the track.It definately was an awesome site to see.
    Awesome site, with the exception of your crappy safety tapping job. Geez man, what's the deal? Do you need to borrow my turn signal template or what?

There's only one word to describe the "diamond" shaped turn signal cover, and that is: "awesome"

Last edited by JustSomeDude; Mon Jul 30th, 2007 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    Awesome site, with the exception of your crappy safety tapping job. Geez man, what's the deal? Do you need to borrow my turn signal template or what?
    You need to change your screen name to BungyCordDude.

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

Quote Originally Posted by 636Chick View Post
    And Damn Suki was sooooooooooo fast out there it was unbelievable

dang, i must be so fast that I didnt even know I was out there! VVRRRRRrroooooom!
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

Oh, and I am DEFINITLY in next year
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    dang, i must be so fast that I didnt even know I was out there! VVRRRRRrroooooom!
    Passed me like I had shifted into reverse....