Thread: problem with how cables are fed on zx6r

Board Newbie

problem with how cables are fed on zx6r

hi, i recently bought a zx6rr, the clutch cable was broken so i went in to get it replaced. when i went to go pick up the bike the technician said that there was a problem with how all the cables were being fed through the bike. he said that some of the tiedowns were missing and that everytime the handles turn the cables shift around. also he said that because my clipons are aftermarket they are not safe. i had no idea of these problems as this is my first bike and the the person that i took with when i went to go buy the bike said that everything was ok with it. i have some of the stock parts on the bike but im not sure if they are the ones that i need. if there is anyone in the littleton area that could possibly take a look at it please let me know. if all else fails i might just have to take it back to the shop to get it fixed but just thought that this could be a learning experoience. thanks in advance.

Re: problem with how cables are fed on zx6r

Unless the clip ons are damaged or just totally not right for that bike, I'm not sure how they are unsafe... Maybe post a picture? Could just be trying to take advantage of you.

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

PM sent
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

I could post a pic for you from my stock configured cable.
    It is a 03 zx6r if it will help.I have noticed that it rubs quite
    a bit and almost seems to want to kink but doesn't when it
    is moved from lock to lock.Let me know.
    Later Bash
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Board Newbie

thanks for the responses, im out of town till friday but i will take some pictures when i get a chance once again thanks for the responses konichd sent a pm at you.