Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is going back to Pueblo?

Who is going back to Pueblo Aug 16&17 Class available as well.....

*****EDIT*****
    Joe from JPLRacing will also be available if you want/need a class, this will also allow you to ride at Pueblo on open bike days. Let me know if your interested so I can update the list and you will need to contact Mark Schellinger as well.

Price of the class is $149.00 which includes your track time for the day on Aug 17th
    Contact Mark markschellinger@earthlink.net
    Class starts at 10AM so please be situated and ready at that time. I would suggest not getting there any later than 9am due to setting up in the pit area and also getting through the gate since the track will be hot, you will only be able to get through at certain times.
    *****EDIT*****

If you plan on going both days and staying at a hotel on Aug 16th, I would suggest booking a room somewhere ASAP, myself, adam, doug, already booked our rooms at comfort inn for 75.00 a night plus tax.

Small group of us going back to Pueblo Aug 16 and 17.....
    16th - bikes and cars (i will have my car there as well)
    17th - bikes only (class for those signed up)

A few of us will be leaving Denver area by 5am on Thursday morning to head down there. Let me know if your interested in going as well. Another group will be leaving on Friday morning.

List of attendies
    Both days -
    Slo1299 / Jay
    Dirkterrell / Dirk
    raven r6 / Adam
    All Labout Me / Doug
    Slowster / Leo
    steezy (camera man) / Joe

Friday only - Message me and I will get everyone each others number in case you want to all caravan down together....
    AlbinoHickey
    SixnChange / Tobin
    Blake YellowTwin / Blake
    Vehicle 1 / Diego
    Marty (MRA board RS250)
    Jayock / Justin
    McVaaahh / Brian

Class on Aug 17 Friday
    Aracheon - Chris
    Prelude 97 (different car forum guy, Joe he should have sent you an email)
    GShack - Guy
    SuzinPink / Tamara
    Jim (Tamara's boyfriend)
    SuzinPinks friends (2 people)
    Last edited by Slo; Wed Aug 15th, 2007 at 05:12 PM.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Re: Who is going back to Pueblo?

I definitely want to get back there sometime soon.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

I definitly am down to go, depending on the day, etc. Would be cool, depending on trailer, to get a couple people headed down together...always good to hit the track with a friend.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

aug 16/17 shows bikes on both days, anyone interested in going on both days? Thus-fri....

Somebody has a monkey on his back

Quote Originally Posted by Beotch View Post
    to get a couple people headed down together...always good to hit the track with a friend.
    Not just good, but smart!

With a bunch of people who are newly certified, one thing to remember is that when shit goes wrong, it can really go wrong.

Try to always go down w/ a friend or let a few close friends you are going down that day. In your truck/trailer keep your cell phone, keys to your vehicle and wallet in a easily accesible point (again if you go down alone). I know its kinda foopah to leave your stuff so accessible to everyone, but keep your money/cc's somewhere else safe, and make sure you have something that designates your pits, as your pits, a number board or something that says 'Leleck's Pit' or something so people can find your stuff.

The whole point behind this if for some reason you get knocked out, have to get transported etc, someone can find your stuff, know who to call, look in your cell phone for who you call (leave a note in your wallet w/ emergency contacts otherwise). Guarenteed if you get hurt there will be people who will do this to try and help you... but you cant get helped if they dont know who you are!

just a little safety reminder

lel
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    aug 16/17 shows bikes on both days, anyone interested in going on both days? Thus-fri....
    I scored a free track day as one of the door prizes - I might be up for joining you back down there Jay.

Just to add to Jason's post....GO WITH SOMEONE. As many of you know...I was knocked out yesterday and my memory is still not back. I will post in a seperate thread about my details. But withouth having Kris down there with me and helping to the hospital...getitng crap loaded and driving I would still be sitting track side. It is SO much help. My day still frustrates me an angers me, but it happens. The most frustrating part is that I don't remember many things going back to last Thursday now. I hit my head hard and my new suomy shows it!! Thank god for gear all. I hope everyone had a great time....I did until my little incident.

I'd like to go back down. I might be out of town those days and might even miss the 1000 in 24 ride

I expect I won't be able to make it until next year though.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

I'm definitely interested. Let me check the work schedule tomorrow and make sure I don't have some <cough>important<cough> meeting on those days.

Dirk

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

I just turned in a request for the 16th-17th off. Let me know if you can make it as well and we can arrange a caravan down to Pueblo....

Jason and Curtis (not sure of your name wahooman) excellent advice!!! Even at the local IMI, I don't go on track without someone else there with me that knows all my info. But good idea on leaving easily accessible stuff near your pit area, no use of having a buddy know all the info if both people end up going down and getting hurt.

Member Yearly Supporter SixnChange's Avatar

i'm up for it if i dont have to work
    ---------
    '05 R1 in Yamaha Blue
    word

in my momma's basement of the singel wide

Old school mountain biking tip--put your emergency contact information somewhere easily visible--small note on the back of your helmet advising an emergency contact, meds, pit area, etc....
    the racing lawyer

Fighting on forums is like winning the Special Olympics!

MRA #442: NUM Marketing, SR-Tuning, Bashed Bikes, the former Morse Racing, Vanmar Racing, Michelin, Bijou Tattoo, the former 4-Play Motorsports, JDH Welding (aka Dallas).

I just turned in a request for the 16th-17th off. Let me know if you can make it as well and we can arrange a caravan down to Pueblo....

Jason and Curtis (not sure of your name wahooman) excellent advice!!! Even at the local IMI, I don't go on track without someone else there with me that knows all my info. But good idea on leaving easily accessible stuff near your pit area, no use of having a buddy know all the info if both people end up going down and getting hurt.
    Jay,
    Even the local pizza guy in Erie knows who you are!
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Yeah even the mosquitos out there got some of my DNA!!!!

Easily distracted by shiny objects and bouncy things jplracing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lel View Post
    Not just good, but smart!

With a bunch of people who are newly certified, one thing to remember is that when shit goes wrong, it can really go wrong.

Try to always go down w/ a friend or let a few close friends you are going down that day. In your truck/trailer keep your cell phone, keys to your vehicle and wallet in a easily accesible point (again if you go down alone). I know its kinda foopah to leave your stuff so accessible to everyone, but keep your money/cc's somewhere else safe, and make sure you have something that designates your pits, as your pits, a number board or something that says 'Leleck's Pit' or something so people can find your stuff.

The whole point behind this if for some reason you get knocked out, have to get transported etc, someone can find your stuff, know who to call, look in your cell phone for who you call (leave a note in your wallet w/ emergency contacts otherwise). Guarenteed if you get hurt there will be people who will do this to try and help you... but you cant get helped if they dont know who you are!

just a little safety reminder

lel
    Jason makes a very good point. In addition to the items mentioned, please don't forget your medical insurance information. If you are knock out it will help to be able to track any allergies and prior conditions

Joe

www.rebellionmotorsports.com

Grant_me_revs personal snake catcher!!

Board Newbie

I was reading your posts on having information handy when you crash and the easiest way to do this is with helmet data medical carrier. You fill out a form with your name, emergency contact, and medical information. The form goes in a small pouch that sticks to your helmet. They recommend sticking the pouch to the lower back of the helmet. The purpose is to remind non-medical people that they should not remove your helmet, and it provides medical personnel with your information. I was required to put one on my helmet at a track day at Loudon, NH. I found a website that sells them. You can buy 4 for $10 dollars. This is great because you may not have a friend with you all the time.

http://www.meds.org/mcyclehelmet.php#about

Id be down to roll with you Jay, Get some more shots and eatin by more mosquitoes lol
    Canon 1D3, Canon 1D2, Canon 1D
    Glass and Flashes

http://www.flickr.com/photos/toweronephotography/

Quote Originally Posted by steezy303 View Post
    Id be down to roll with you Jay, Get some more shots and eatin by more mosquitoes lol
    You were already invited, just didn't know it yet.

My first day back in town and I was anxious to know how it went in Pueblo. I was with you all in spirit.

I'm going to try and go down for the last bike night on Aug. 6th.
    Not sure if anyone else would be interested.

-Doug
    Doug Labout Sr.
    Semper Fi
    MRA Novice #379
    Low Vagueness racing

Doug, it would be great if you could go down on aug 16 and or 17 also....

Jay, barring anything unexpected, I'm in for the 16-17th.

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson

I want to go! Give ya'll someone to pass. Don't know if I can do both days off work though...maybe just Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_blue View Post
    Give ya'll someone to pass.
    Hey! That's my job!

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson