Thread: Udate and Thank you....

Udate and Thank you....

Well---I am so glad to hear everyone had a great day yesterday. I wish my day had turned out better....but......
    Yes I was the "one" crash. Still as of right now have no idea what happened or anything...hell I don't even know where I was. I was knocked out cold and still trying to gain memories going back to last thursday. Yes the helmet, bike, and leathers are hurting, but my body would be far worse off without them. I spent time at the ER while they ran some test....or so I am told I dont remember going there at all.
    I was looking foraward to helping and showing some friends around the track, but you never know when something like this will happen. I have accepted that as frustrated as I am. I am alive and breathing....most important. I am very sore, head is still huring pretty good, and my left hip is turning some amazing colors.
    I would like to thank Kris. She was a amazing and put up with my rattled noodle asking the same question over 50 times, not making sense, and probably was a little mean. Without you there with me Kris I would have been REALLY lost. I refused the ambulance and said I would only go if Kris took me....(so I am told) Thank you for helping pack up stuff and get us ready to go. I was really lost and my frustrations come from not knowing what happened, and losing memorires from the day, and previous days....doc says they could come back in a few days.
    Scott--YOU ROCK! I called you today to say thanks and I appreciate your ongoing friendship with me.
    I hope my incident did not affect the riding for anyone else....I don't know. I know Kris did not get in the riding she wanted and I apologize and will make it up to you The day is a blur and that is not what I wanted at all. I wanted to meet more of you and as I read of who all was there I wish I could have talking to some old friends, and new friends to meet.
    Crashing will happen....unfortunetly it was my "turn" I guess. I will back together for the upcoming races--and will be out there again going at it.
    For now its sitting at home and trying to heal up these bruises and a KILLER headache.
    Thumbs up for Suomy Helmets....they might be pricey...but they WORK!
    Last edited by Wahooman; Mon Jul 30th, 2007 at 08:09 PM.

Re: Udate and Thank you....

Glad to hear that you'll be back up shortly.... Sounds like you had someone that made sure everything worked out with you.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Glad you're doing better Curtis...

I heard there was someone in that corner, a photographer perhaps, that said he thought maybe your tire blew out causing you to wreck .. ??? Anyway.. bike, leathers, helmets, all that stuff can be replaced.. you can't.. take it easy !
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wahooman View Post
    I hope my incident did not affect the riding for anyone else....I don't know.
    Hey dude, you cost us most of one session while they cleaned up the mess!

j/k man. Very relieved to hear that you came out of it in reasonably good shape. Stay on top of that head injury. They often take longer to heal than you expect.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Glad you are doing ... better.
    Welcome Dannii!!!! 2006 Honda CBR 600 rr Black with Red!!!

2000 Honda F4 Orange & Black! Nikki has moved on....

Curtis,
    I am so glad your doing o.k. now. Don't worry about being confused, heck I'm blonde and confused most of the time, except your confusion will clear (he-he). Yes, she is one amazing lady. Your very fortunate to have so many friends and great equipment.

Hope to see you again soon but until then heal and know your in our prayers,

Ene
    Pueblo Motorsports Park

OK, time for the standard post crash test:

How many fingers is Mr. Smiley holding up?

If you said "two" you are correct and can go take some more Oxycodones.

If you guessed any other #, then take some pain killers anyway.

Welcome to the CSCCC "Crash Club". Thumbs up for safety gear and whatever you did by instinct to save your butt.

Get well soon.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Well dear, apparently you remember your screen name and password. Really, that's the most important thing. J/k.

I am, however, very thankful that you posted up. I was the flag girl and when I received the red flag warning, I about crapped. I never knew who it was, or how it turned out. So thank you very much for letting us all know you are okay.

EVERY member of this club is valuable. Every single one of us, whether we know each other personnally or not, takes pride in the safety of the rest.

I am thankful that your gear "worked". Sully said it right - you cannot be replaced but your gear can.

I can tell you for sure, that only 20 minutes was lost in the track day. Not something you really need to worry about anyway. Your life and safety are worth WAY more time than that. So please do not worry for a second about the others and their day. Had you have been injured worse.., we don't really want to go down that road of feelings okay? Okay!

Get well and heal up. XOXOXO

Terri
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

been on one ride with you leading last year..sorry to hear you went down ...best wishes.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

Curtis, I'm glad that you're going to be ok, could've been much worse. I heard the crackle of Cathy's radio that someone went down and was bummed that it was you.

Heal up soon bro.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

I would like to hear if anyone else has details so I can continue my detective work.....being a racer and a "guy" of course we have to know what happened. I have looked over the bike, my gear, and body. From bits and pieces I have heard and looking at the above I can tell this much------
    I low sided on my left side to start....slid on my left side and chin (according to my once beautiful Suomy)....once I hit the edge of the track it through the bike up and over---head over. I must have rolled a few times and slid on my bike. My name is off my leathers now--my team mate just put them on last week...ARRRRGGG.
    The front fender is scuffed like it was flipped over, tank is smashed, and tail section/sub frame destroyed. Lowers are perfect, rear sets perfect, shifter, etc......
    The rear tire is flat but I figured that happened with the impact. If I go to air it up and find out it won't hold air that could lead to me thinking of a tire blow out which would really piss me off.
    I am VERY careful on my tire condition, pressures, etc......we will see what I find out.
    Already started ordering, gathering, and finding parts......by the end of the week it will be time to build, clean, paint, etc.........
    Man I love racing.................heheh.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Already started ordering, gathering, and finding parts......by the end of the week it will be time to build, clean, paint, etc.........
    Freakin' amazing!!!

Glad you are ok. And yeah, hearing the clatter of voices after the crash over the radio is a bit nerve-wracking...heading toward the track, too...heck, seeing Kris on the bike and talking with her, I knew you have a great person to watch out for you.

I'm just amazed with those who love racing so much. Heck, I'm amazed I love riding so much...ha!

Hope to see you out there again, soon.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Damn Curtis... Sounds like you knocked yourself quite wacky! Glad you're up and posting about it, and I hope the healing goes smoothly.

Sounds like Kris was on top of things as usual. She's a gooder.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

see if anyones got pictures
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

I would like to hear if anyone else has details so I can continue my detective work.....being a racer and a "guy" of course we have to know what happened. I have looked over the bike, my gear, and body. From bits and pieces I have heard and looking at the above I can tell this much------
    I low sided on my left side to start....slid on my left side and chin (according to my once beautiful Suomy)....once I hit the edge of the track it through the bike up and over---head over. I must have rolled a few times and slid on my bike. My name is off my leathers now--my team mate just put them on last week...ARRRRGGG.
    The front fender is scuffed like it was flipped over, tank is smashed, and tail section/sub frame destroyed. Lowers are perfect, rear sets perfect, shifter, etc......
    The rear tire is flat but I figured that happened with the impact. If I go to air it up and find out it won't hold air that could lead to me thinking of a tire blow out which would really piss me off.
    I am VERY careful on my tire condition, pressures, etc......we will see what I find out.

Dooood ! I cant sell you any more of my bikes if you are going to crash them up like this ! Only kidding. Im glad you are ok... I as well took a tumble this year on my head wearing a Suomy. Though I still never remembered about 5 mins, my head faird well and I Was able to ride later that day.... Thumbs up for quality gear ! Im glad to hear you are realatively ok... I admire your outlook to get back to racing so quickly. Just remember that crashes do happen and you May NEVER know why.... The important thing is to heal body, and mind and forget it....

Been on a search for you to find some of the items you need. I sent you PM's on MRA forum with tons of goodies cheep.... Also remember I dont live to far away so if you need a hand putting something together or what ever, give me a shout... Best of luck on your mending process, and the rebuild... I look forward to seeing you out there again....
    R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera

I was standing about 20 feet away from where you went down between 3 and 4. I had my back to you but looked up in time to see you sliding on your back and left side. It took a few seconds for me to get over to you and you were still out. After you came to and got your bearings you said that you got really bad bar shake exiting turn 3 and got a little tank slapper. Glad to see you are doing well. I didn't get any pictures of the accident, but I did of the bike and the ambulance. I'll send them to you. Also have a few of you before you went down.
    05 Yamaha FZ6

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Wahh12 View Post
    After you came to and got your bearings you said that you got really bad bar shake exiting turn 3 and got a little tank slapper.

That fits well with where stuff was after the accident and is really possible coming out of that turn.

Curtis, I believe your flat rear tire is a result of the accident, not a cause.

I agree with Scott. The tire got its bead popped once it hit the dirt.
    05 Yamaha FZ6

I was out on corner 4 taking pics. I actually heard the tire screach and turned my head in time to see you low side. Although I did not actually see what initially caused it, it appeared that you lost the front end, for whatever reason, and low sided as you were getting under power and heading out of 3. My suspicion would be that you pushed the front end out. I say this because I heard the tire before the bike went down. From the bike position as I turned my head, it was definitely the front and not the rear end.

It was the photographers that were out there that kept trying to keep you sitting down and waiting for better assistance. If I said that you were a but incoherent, it would be an understatement. I am glad to hear that you are ok and glad to know that the gear worked well. Best wishes on getting over the soreness and bruising.

Drop me a line when you get a chance. I have some damned good pics of you before this incident.
    www.onthemarcphotography.com

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

...I hope my incident did not affect the riding for anyone else...
    Don't worry about that man.
    I'm sure it was more of an inconvenience for you than it was for any of us.

Besides, the saftey crew just rolled you into a ditch and had us riding again with minimal delay.(J/K)

Sorry you had to go down, but glad to hear that it wasn't worse.
    Heal up quickly.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

Curtis, it was really good to see ya up and about later! Hope the head-fog clears. Tho, bruise isn't as important.

Take it easy for a few days, ok?!?!
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Glad to hear you're doing better Curtis, tho you had me a bit worried with your memory issues later on in the day.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Hey brotha. I showed up a little after the whole deal went down. From what I heard, you highsided and from the damage it would seem that you might have gotten tossed a bit. I almost did the same thing next day on Monday coming out of turn 3. Spun up the rear and somehow pulled off a miracle and held on as it hooked up wayyyy sideways. (ask Ara about it, he was right behind) I thought for sure I was getting tossed too. Hope everything heals up well and you get the bike back together soon. See at the next race bro!

EX-MRA #719

- 502 - RIP Gene, you will always be an inspiration.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstien