Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stoner calls out Rossi?

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Stoner calls out Rossi?

I don't know who Stoner thinks he is.............

http://www.crash.net/news_view.asp?cid=6&id=152169
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

AKA "Devaclis"

Re: Stoner calls out Rossi?

Cocky
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    I don't know who Stoner thinks he is.............
    The guy winning the championship?

I hope his Cam Keyway strips on his Duc

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

The GOAT should bitch slap this punk. Just because he gets a better bike than everybody else doesn't mean he has the right to ever question or call out Rossi.
    ....give me 2 beers and I achieve RETARD Strength!!!!!

Site Admin

I hope his Cam Keyway strips on his Duc
    That NEVER happens.

AKA "Devaclis"

Maybe his rack and pinion with short out causing him to lose all hydraulic pressure in his valve stems.

I've seen it a million times.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Talking Re: Stoner calls out Rossi?

Gooooooooo Stoner!

Rivalry is a gooooooooood thing for racing and all sports in general.
    I say - bring on the tires - via fed-ex of course... sorry slowster.

Quack Quack...
    Robb
    "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

'06 Ducati 749S - Black with White Tail / '04 KTM 950 Adventure

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

Can you say "GO BRIDGESTONE!" ha ha ha haha ha hahahahahahhahAHa

Sorry David, but come on, monkey boy needs to buck up and deal with the fact that his tires ARENT what decides the race..... just messin' with ya
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Not a big fan of the tire rule myself. I seem to remember reading in my Motocourse that the rule actually helps Bridgestone. I think they've got a great tire this year. That, plus the fact the Ducati flat motors away from everyone.....well, even Rossi is obviously struggling with that. I think a lot of it is the tires. Look at how the 'Zuki and Kawi have all suddenly been doing really well.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Look at how the 'Zuki and Kawi have all suddenly been doing really well.
    Write it down, Frank giving props to a Kawi! Atta' boy Frank!

I don't get Stoner. I really don't. This coming from a guy who went from completely sucking and having no game last year. To having the best bike and being able to win races. Something doesn't add up. I know he was probably in the woodshed all winter long. Defintely wanting to bring up his A game.

And yeah I get the fact that Ducati has the best bike. There are no doubts about that. But this honestly is a situation where it is all bike and no rider. Yeah MotoGP is 80% Rider and 20% bike. Well in this situation of Stoner it's reversed. He's on a great bike with stellar tires. Yamaha and Honda are sucking hind tit and Kawasaki and Suzuki are coming on strong, well sort of.

I think what we're seeing here is another case of the Fernando Alonso. He wins a few races. Manages to bag a championship and all of a sudden he can jam Michael Shumacher with smack. Same senerio with Stoner and Rossi. Stoner knows he's Rossi's bitch, but the fact that he has a bike that is far superior to what Rossi is on. So he's going to flame what smack he can and try and play head games.

The only problem is Stoner has won 6 races and Rossi has won well 7 Championships.

Stoner... your problem is that you've managed to rack up a few W's and now have a chip on your shoulder. You have a fast bike and you think that entitles you to rip on one of the big dogs. The sobering fact is that you sucked last year. You still suck this year, and you'll suck next year. You're on a superior bike that is doing everything for you and you've got tires that are freaking amazing. Even if you manage to pull it off this year and squeeze a championship, you'll still be just that little punk from Australia, you'll still be inferior to Rossi and you'll still be a second rate rider.

The flash in the pan just called and it thinks you are jacked up. And says that's where you're heading if you don't show some humility and earn your stripes the right way....
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Thu Aug 2nd, 2007 at 07:49 PM. Reason: typo
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Perhaps you should watch the races rather than simply reading one article. Stoner is waaay less "cocky" than Rossi and is a true sportsman, as are all riders in the GP circuit. I strongly disagree that it is the bike; Capirossi is one of the best riders ever and he is on the same bike but can't keep up with Stoner. Also, Stoner has been stone-cold solid all season long, while Rossi is the one making mistakes in every other race. I've even heard the MotoGP announcers say on multiple occasions that Stoner has pulled a 'Rossi' on the Doctor by pressuring him into making mistakes. I love Rossi, he is the best ever, but this year Stoner is the better rider IMO.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Rossi was a young buck once upon a time. Stoner is having a great year and I hope he continues having great years. The tire rule is the rule, so get on with the racing and deal with it. I like Rossi, I like Stoner... and it's hella fun watching them fight it out. I've seen every race this year and it's more than just a fast bike.

Quote Originally Posted by jbnwc View Post
    Perhaps you should watch the races rather than simply reading one article. Stoner is waaay less "cocky" than Rossi and is a true sportsman, as are all riders in the GP circuit. I strongly disagree that it is the bike; Capirossi is one of the best riders ever and he is on the same bike but can't keep up with Stoner. Also, Stoner has been stone-cold solid all season long, while Rossi is the one making mistakes in every other race. I've even heard the MotoGP announcers say on multiple occasions that Stoner has pulled a 'Rossi' on the Doctor by pressuring him into making mistakes. I love Rossi, he is the best ever, but this year Stoner is the better rider IMO.
    Actually I have watched all the races this year. And last year and the year before that. DVR is a wonderful thing. I'm not taking up for Rossi. He's a big boy and can handle his own battles. It was simlpy my take on Stoner and his new found arrogance. Sure everyone was arrogant when they were young. It would be nice to finally find someone who isn't. Toseland is the closest to this in my opinion. He's a great champion and has earned his stripes. He's always in great spirits. Bayliss is another great champion. Always happy and very humble.

As far as your take on the bikes. While you may believe that Capirossi and Stoner are on identical bikes. You are probably far from the truth. If you think everyone has identical bikes you might want to take your own advice and actually watch the races. Even Nicky Hayden during an interview even said that this years bike was not designed around him rather then Pedrosa and it shows. Pedrosa is consistent and Nicky is all over the place. He doesn't like the bike and nothing is really meshing well for him. Look at Colin Edwards. Yeah he's nabbed a few poles but that's really not that special. Because the minute the flag drops he rightly assumes his place at the back of the pack and doesn't improve much from there. Stoner and Capirossi are the same way. Capirossi is on his way out, so he's going to get the leftovers. He's not going to get the attention that the new blood is getting. He's out so why throw money on a departing racer? The only ones who seem to have even bikes are Suzuki and Kawasaki. Their riders are even for the most part. Then again they aren't contenders. So it only does them credit to make both of their bikes good for both of their riders. If one starts to show potential and starts to produce good results then you'd be out of your mind to not think they wouldn't focus on the stronger of the two.

You can strongly disagree with me that it's the bike. And I will say that it is the bike. It would be different if he was good last year and just had a bad bike and bad misfortune while racing. That's not the case. He sucked last year and in my opinion still is the same caliber as he was last year but just on the best bike in MotoGP. You can't say it isn't the bike when you see him tear away from the others in the straights. Obviously a good 15-20hp advantage easy. Ducati built a great bike no doubt about it. I wouldn't argue that fact. It's the bike to beat. I'm honest, I'm a huge Yamaha fan as well as Suzuki fan. But Yamaha has given Rossi nothing but garbage the last two years.

Let me give you a quick analogy on performance. I read this awhile back, that they Air Force took a bunch of F-22 Raptor pilots and did a test. They put them in F15's(which is a great plane) and put one in a F-22 Raptor. This one guy had a bunch of F15's after him, but managed to shoot them all down in the excercise without them even knowing he was airborne. That's how superior a F-22 Raptor is to the already superior F15.

Obviously it's not that extreme in MotoGP but similar with Ducati and the rest of the field. When you've got a bike that outperforms eveyone else by a decent margin all you have to do is put a good rider on it and the great riders have a uphill battle. To Rossi's credit he's won three races. So he's fighting for it. Rossi is great while Stoner is far from it. I'd go on to say he's not even Excellent he's just a good rider. Stoner is weaksauce.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

You can have the best bike in the world it but it doesn't matter if you don't have the skill to ride it to it's full potential!!! Stoner's skill is due to much more than just a fast bike........Rossi's a great rider but he's only human and perhaps his F1 goals are undermining his current riding.....
    Last edited by silkboxr; Wed Aug 1st, 2007 at 11:51 PM.
    What Does Not Kill You Makes You Stronger!!!

2006 CBR1000RR
    2001 GSXR 750 track

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Actually I have watched all the races this year. And last year and the year before that. DVR is a wonderful thing. I'm not taking up for Rossi. He's a big boy and can handle his own battles. It was simlpy my take on Stoner and his new found arrogance. Sure everyone was arrogant when they were young. It would be nice to finally find someone who isn't. Toseland is the closest to this in my opinion. He's a great champion and has earned his stripes. He's always in great spirits. Bayliss is another great champion. Always happy and very humble.

As far as your take on the bikes. While you may believe that Capirossi and Stoner are on identical bikes. You are probably far from the truth. If you think everyone has identical bikes you might want to take your own advice and actually watch the races. Even Nicky Hayden during an interview even said that this years bike was not designed around him rather then Pedrosa and it shows. Pedrosa is consistent and Nicky is all over the place. He doesn't like the bike and nothing is really meshing well for him. Look at Colin Edwards. Yeah he's nabbed a few poles but that's really not that special. Because the minute the flag drops he rightly assumes his place at the back of the pack and doesn't improve much from there. Stoner and Capirossi are the same way. Capirossi is on his way out, so he's going to get the leftovers. He's not going to get the attention that the new blood is getting. He's out so why throw money on a departing racer? The only ones who seem to have even bikes are Suzuki and Kawasaki. Their riders are even for the most part. Then again they aren't contenders. So it only does them credit to make both of their bikes good for both of their riders. If one starts to show potential and starts to produce good results then you'd be out of your mind to not think they wouldn't focus on the stronger of the two.

You can strongly disagree with me that it's the bike. And I will say that it is the bike. It would be different if he was good last year and just had a bad bike and bad misfortune while racing. That's not the case. He sucked last year and in my opinion still is the same caliber as he was last year but just on the best bike in MotoGP. You can't say it isn't the bike when you see him tear away from the others in the straights. Obviously a good 15-20hp advantage easy. Ducati built a great bike no doubt about it. I wouldn't argue that fact. It's the bike to beat. I'm honest, I'm a huge Yamaha fan as well as Suzuki fan. But Yamaha has given Rossi nothing but garbage the last two years.

Let me give you a quick analogy on performance. I read this awhile back, that they Air Force took a bunch of F-22 Raptor pilots and did a test. They put them in F15's(which is a great plane) and put one in a F-22 Raptor. This one guy had a bunch of F15's after him, but managed to shoot them all down in the excercise without them even knowing he was airborne. That's how superior a F-22 Raptor is to the already superior F15.

Obviously it's not that extreme in MotoGP but similar with Ducati and the rest of the field. When you've got a bike that outperforms eveyone else by a decent margin all you have to do is put a good rider on it and the great riders have a uphill battle. To Rossi's credit he's won three races. So he's fighting for it. Rossi is great while Stoner is far from it. I'd go on to say he's not even Excellent he's just a good rider. Stoner is weaksauce.
    Hit it on the head! Stoner is a flash in the pan at the moment, win a championship and start talking. I hope his plane crashes.

Site Admin

Are you kidding me???

Even Rossi has said that Stoner is a great rider and that (and I quote) "at least this year it's a real championship". Every last one of these guys is a fantastic rider and capable of winning the championship. Technology helps in winning motorcycle races, but it really is about the WHOLE package. If Stoner were not a great rider he couldn't hang no matter how good the bike was. The F-22/F-15 comparison isn't legit. The F-15 is a plane designed in the 70's and 80's- so that would be like pitting Freddy Spencer's bike against current machinery. That gap is huge, but (and here's the real deal right here) I'll bet $1000 right now that if you put Spencer on his bike from the 80's and me on a current moto GP bike he'd still kick my ass.

The whole package is not just the bike and the rider, but the team, the tire, the support from the factory etc. Rossi and Yamaha (and before that Honda) have had this well in hand for years and (finally) someone is catching up and learning. The Ducati/Stoner package is a great mix and they got a lot right (including the bike). The tire rules didn't "sneek up" on anyone. Michellin knew it was coming.

Rule changes are a good thing, it levels the playing field. New tire rules and a smaller displacement limit have changed the game and increased competition....isn't that great for the sport?

Rossi didn't win a championship his first year in GP either. Stoner was on a satellite team last year in GP, but obviously learned well. Before that he was brilliant in 250. To say "it's all bike" is really absurd.

s

Quote Originally Posted by AshliRider44 View Post
    Can you say "GO BRIDGESTONE!" ha ha ha haha ha hahahahahahhahAHa

Sorry David, but come on, monkey boy needs to buck up and deal with the fact that his tires ARENT what decides the race..... just messin' with ya
    I enjoy the fact that someone else thinks Rossi looks like a monkey.
    CEO, Angry Marmot Motorsports
    07 Passion Red Kawi 650R

"Its all bike"

Hell, I could probably drag my right knee on a Duc.

Rybo hit the nail on the head.

+1

They are all great to be able to compete at that level.
    Loved that DVD The Doctor, the Texas Tornado, and the Kentucky Kid. Puts it ALL in great perspective.

Go Stoner.

Robb

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO View Post
    Are you kidding me???

Even Rossi has said that Stoner is a great rider and that (and I quote) "at least this year it's a real championship". Every last one of these guys is a fantastic rider and capable of winning the championship. Technology helps in winning motorcycle races, but it really is about the WHOLE package. If Stoner were not a great rider he couldn't hang no matter how good the bike was. The F-22/F-15 comparison isn't legit. The F-15 is a plane designed in the 70's and 80's- so that would be like pitting Freddy Spencer's bike against current machinery. That gap is huge, but (and here's the real deal right here) I'll bet $1000 right now that if you put Spencer on his bike from the 80's and me on a current moto GP bike he'd still kick my ass.

The whole package is not just the bike and the rider, but the team, the tire, the support from the factory etc. Rossi and Yamaha (and before that Honda) have had this well in hand for years and (finally) someone is catching up and learning. The Ducati/Stoner package is a great mix and they got a lot right (including the bike). The tire rules didn't "sneek up" on anyone. Michellin knew it was coming.

Rule changes are a good thing, it levels the playing field. New tire rules and a smaller displacement limit have changed the game and increased competition....isn't that great for the sport?

Rossi didn't win a championship his first year in GP either. Stoner was on a satellite team last year in GP, but obviously learned well. Before that he was brilliant in 250. To say "it's all bike" is really absurd.

s
    "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

'06 Ducati 749S - Black with White Tail / '04 KTM 950 Adventure

Site Admin

"Its all bike"

Hell, I could probably drag my right knee on a Duc.
    I have a way we can find this out.....

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO View Post
    The whole package is not just the bike and the rider, but the team, the tire, the support from the factory etc.
    Bingo. Winning a championship is a hell of a lot more than just the rider or the bike or the tires or whatever. It's the rider and the bike and the tires and whatever. It's clear the Duc has a power advantage over the other bikes but I don't see how one can say that Stoner isn't a great rider. Yeah, on identical bikes/tires/etc head-to-head I'd put my money on Rossi. He's clearly one of the greatest riders ever, but Stoner has done some damned good riding this year and it's unfair to say that it's all due to the bike.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharmgirl View Post
    I enjoy the fact that someone else thinks Rossi looks like a monkey.
    HELL YEAH HE DOES! I just want him to blow his cheeks out just once
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again