Thread: Time for a new tire?

Time for a new tire?

When I got home from a quick ride this morning I noticed a gash in my rear tire. The slice appears to be just over a half inch long and about a quarter inch deep. I pulled a small piece of glass out, and there might be more still in there. Just picked up the tires a few months ago (notice the manufacturing seam still in the center) , but I sense a new tire is in my future.

Anyone with a little more experience than myself have any suggestions? Already time for new meat? Thanks for the advice.

'06 CBR1000RR

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Re: Time for a new tire?

Unless it punctured the inner liner you are ok.
    Think of it like another rain groove.
    Later Bash
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Its holding air, thanks bash!
    '06 CBR1000RR

Perhaps one of the tire reps can chime in?
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler