Thread: Thanks to: Ricky O, Mike-Supertune, Steve-Wheel Works, et al

Thanks to: Ricky O, Mike-Supertune, Steve-Wheel Works, et al

I wanted to take a second to publicly thank everyone (including the volunteer corner workers!) that made the day go so smooth. No accidents! Ton's of training, GREAT FOOD--THANKS WHEEL WORKS!

Ricky and Mike did a great job of rotating class/track time and keeping the pace moving. We ran 30 minute sessions of open track for the MRAs that were there for a little private practice and the students. Class was held in the cool comfort of the classroom above the cafe.

At the start of the class Ricky asked each student what they wanted to work on. I said I really needed to focus on line. As the day progressed, I found out that although I was running fairly fast (nope- I didn't time it) I was off line. So, Ricky worked on slowing me down and holding the lines. Then we started picking up the speed. It all worked very well.

Note to self: Don't get suckered into turn 1 by Ricky (at the end of the day we were all doing some open time and while I was running between the 1/4 mile end and the #3 brake marker--doing about 140--Ricky past me on my left. So I said to myself, "Yes, I can do this!" and rolled on the throttle a bit more up into the 150-160s. Oops! I started grabbing the brakes and there justs wasn't enough and I heard a "clink". The Tuna Boat (which just rolled 73,000 on the odometer) didn't like that, ha. . I came in way too hot and ended up choosing the run out. OK, lesson learned on that one (need track bike).

Also, I would like to thank Rick an Terra for puttin' up with my ass over the weekend. Great times, big laughs!

Good luck and safe running to a win to all the riders (especially Terra) for this weekend at Pueblo!
    Last edited by pilot; Tue Aug 7th, 2007 at 09:03 AM.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Re: Thanks to: Ricky O, Mike-Supertune, Steve-Wheel Works, et al

Glad you guys had fun (I was one of the cornerworkers), it was kind of hard hanging out and not going out to ride though
    There was one spill with one of the open track riders, not sure who it was other than it was the guy with the RS125, I'm pretty sure he's ok as he was up and around afterwards, probably a bit sore today and the bike looked a touch rough.
    The school riders made very noticeable improvements over the course of the day, great job to all of you.
    Eric
    CSBA#477
    00 Triumph Sprint RS
    www.cocsba.com

Agreed! I had a blast and definitely feel a lot more comfortable in the corners after yesterday. Also - thanks for taking the time to go over suspension; now I think I'll finally be able to get the bugs out of my wife's bike. Thanks to Wheelworks for the awesome lunch and tire support! All of you guys put a lot of work into making it a great day for us riders!
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Great class and a nice progession on the track sessions. Ditto on the thanks to Ricky, Mike, Steve, BigE (and the rest of the corner workers).

Thanks Terra for the express transport to and from the track. Thanks for the invite Pilot (did you ever figure out what the odd sound was?).

Ric...k

Yep... I had loads of fun... that's the way a track day should be run...

good to meet you Pilot... fun times!

can't wait for the next one!

'02 Ducati 998 Bip
    '99 BMW R1100GS
    '03 Piaggio LT50