Thread: Screwed by local shop - beware these guys

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter t_jolt's Avatar

Screwed by local shop - beware these guys

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179323

These was posted by a good friend of mine. Please read. Its is very well put together and hopefully we can make a stance.

Thanks
    Tyrel
    Mitsujagvettecedes 1000RXTS GTR

Hand built by Jerry Garcia, Dan Gurney, Chuck Norris and Duntov's ghost. GT97 turbo,
    8WD, berilium pistons, titanium rods, unobtanium crank. Block forged from the dead souls of Mongol warriors. Depleted Uranium Dog box, Flubber tires, and stage 87 axles.

-1.07 @5.7c

Re: Screwed by local shop - beware these guys

I rarely step out to say negative things about the "competition"...BUT I currently don't officially have anything to do with that industry, AND our "sister" shop, Stan's Automotive, doesn't perform the services that your buddy was trying to receive.

That being said, I can't help but chuckle about something that really bugged me a few years ago. I trademarked the logo and sign at Stan's Automotive, including the catch phrase, "Where Home-Town meets High-Tech"

Just a few months after this was accomplished, I started seeing the subject shop advertising, "Personalized Service of the Past, Technology of the Future".

It really irritated me then...kinda like if I owned a motel chain and started advertising, "We'll Keep the Candle Burning For You!" after Motel 6's big Tom Boudett campaign...but I ultimately decided that imitation is truly the sincerest form of flattery!

I know nothing of the shop, their reputation, or their intentions...I just always giggle when I see their advertisements, and their catchy, albeit unoriginal tagline!

Best of luck to your friend, I hope it all works out well!

--Scott
    'Punkin'
    * I don't have a fancy signature *