Thread: Miguel???!!!

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Miguel???!!!

Miguel crashed this week at Road Atlanta and did some pretty serious damage. Couple of bruised lungs and a lacerated liver. He's going to live, but it could be a career ender for him....

http://superbikeplanet.com/2007/Aug/07080817u.htm

Re: Miguel???!!!

Damn that sucks, I hope for a full and speedy recovery, well as fast as it can heal.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Damn, that's a serious bummer. Miguel is a hell of a rider and a great ambassador of the sport. Sounds like he might have had mechanical trouble, but that section of the track can be a little tricky too. I very nearly high-sided there in 1986. I played football for years and was a passenger in a scary car accident once, but that near high-side was the most violent thrashing I have ever experienced. Here's hoping we haven't seen Miguel's last ride.

Dirk
    Last edited by dirkterrell; Thu Aug 9th, 2007 at 11:43 AM.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

86? Man, you don't look that old! Were you racing then or just on a track day?

Sad news about M.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Thanks for posting. Hoping he heals completely.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    86? Man, you don't look that old! Were you racing then or just on a track day?
    2nd WERA season for me. I was 20 and luckier than I realized to have the ride I did. Did three seasons and then went off to grad school and got preoccupied with that. Just recently got back to the track...

Dirk

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

Hes lucky to be alive.... crazy.
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again

I'm sure he'll be okay. I don't know much but what little I did learn in Bio is that the liver is the only part of the body in which you could remove 2/3 of it and it'll still rejuvenate. No other cell in the body can do that, not epithelial or skeletal and certainly not sympathetic cells or anything in between can do such a feat as hepatic cells. Outside of that the only other thing really unique about them is the huge ER (endoplasmic reticulum) they have for various functions mainly filtration and allocation. It's a trip looking at the er of a brain cell which has virtually no rer while the hepatic cells have a huge one.

He's lung will definitely be scared for life. opps what did I just write lol Okay enough of the blah blah blah but I truly do hope he gets back on the saddle!
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    2nd WERA season for me. I was 20 and luckier than I realized to have the ride I did. Did three seasons and then went off to grad school and got preoccupied with that. Just recently got back to the track...

Dirk
    WERA, nice! 86, man I was digging foxholes then. Did you ride with Ty,or Dirk Piz back then?

It will be good to have your experience on the boards.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    WERA, nice! 86, man I was digging foxholes then. Did you ride with Ty,or Dirk Piz back then?

It will be good to have your experience on the boards.
    Might have, but it's been so long I really don't remember. We ran a limited set of races because it was really just for fun and we only went to the nearby tracks (Road Atlanta was an hour or so away). I am very slowly and methodically getting back to riding quicker on the track. Riding with and talking to guys like Rybo and Jay has been very educational. Big thanks to Terra too for some tips before the newb ride on how to attack various corners at Pueblo. But I'm being very careful to avoid the bad situations that can arise with the dangerous mixture of 20 year old heart and 40 year old body. The good thing is that being back on the track has finally given me a sustainable incentive to get back in shape and lose extra weight that snuck up on me over the years.

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson