Thread: Tom Martino's Referral List

Tom Martino's Referral List

I'm pleased to announce that not only is Stan's Automotive a new member of Tom Martino's exclusive referral list at www.troubleshooter.com, but Twin Peaks Powersports is the FIRST and ONLY motorcycle/atv/watercraft/powersports dealership to meet the criteria to be a member as well.

I make this announcement with much pride, as I know what can be at stake when someone makes a complaint to Tom. However, despite the fact that I know all my employees are human and can make mistakes, I am confident in our ability (proven in the past) to step up and work with folks should an issue arise.

Shop and Service with confidence at Twin Peaks Powersports---We're TROUBLESHOOTER approved!

--Scott
    'Punkin'
    * I don't have a fancy signature *

Re: Tom Martino's Referral List

That;s great news for your business! I've had the opportunity to "work" with Tom and his crew on a few deals in the homebuilding business.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

And Twin Peaks is the closest dealership to my house.

w00t! Congrats, guys!
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

Of course everyone knows that Tom gets paid off to be on his "list."

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

and i once contacted tom martino back in 2001 and never heard back from him. we could have made millions off of MCI!

but congrats!
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Jmetz is partially right; as with all forms of advertising, it costs money to be on Tom's referral list. In fact, it costs substantially more than traditional media outlets that don't:

-Bother to check facts
    -Screen businesses with a thorough criminal background check on principle owners and/or employees
    -Provide ongoing monitoring of adhesion to a code of ethics
    -GUARANTEE arbitration of disputes that cannot be settled any other way.

I think there's value in that both for my business, and the consumer; I'm willing to pay for that value to show consumers that I'm willing to be held accountable! That being said, just being willing to pay $$ doesn't get you on the list.

I've listed to Tom since I was a kid, and appreciate what he does both for consumers and businesses. In fact, he helped me handle an issue that I had with a customer that wanted to take me for a ride. (I called the show, not the customer)

Anyway, below is an excerpt from Tom's webpage making this a little more clear..

--Scott

Here are the major differences from all other forms of advertising:
    • The payment of an advertising fee does NOT entitle a Member to be listed on ReferralList.com.
    • Members of ReferralList.com must first qualify in order to advertise by subjecting to an extensive background investigation.
    • Members must continue to qualify and are monitored to assure compliance to our Code of Ethics .
    • Members must agree to mandatory arbitration, if they are unable to solve a consumer dispute to the full satisfaction of the consumer. If members do not abide by our arbitrated decision, they will be immediately removed from ReferralList.com.
    • If for ANY reason we feel Members are not meeting our high standards, we will remove them from ReferralList.com.
    We are by no means perfect and ReferralList.com is NOT a guarantee of excellent service or trouble-free business dealings. No one can guarantee those things. But we have attempted to minimize problems and offer consumers recourse if problems arise.

No other media outlets provide these services.
    We do promise you this: Members listed here are in good standing. That means they have resolved all complaints to our satisfaction, they are working to resolve current complaints or they have had no confirmed complaints against them.
    We appreciate all of the paid advertisers who willingly support Consumer Advocacy Marketing. It is not an easy form of advertising and it shows their commitment to being a cut above the rest.
    Thanks to our sponsors, we are able to offer the following Consumer Advocacy services free to the public:
    • The Tom Martino Show – A nationally syndicated radio show exposing liars, cheats and rip-offs and taking calls (on the air) from consumers in need.
    • Consumer Help Center – Taking calls (off the air) from consumers who have problems, questions or complaints.
    • Troubleshooter.com – A consumer web site to provide vast information on consumer affairs.
    • ReferralList.com – Helping consumers find reliable merchants, contractors and service providers.
    'Punkin'
    * I don't have a fancy signature *

his referral list does have high criteria congrats!
    and a pricey list to be on
    I worked for him and he is a total Tool
    I can go on and on and on about how "well" he treats his Employees and Customers
    Health insurance with a 2500.00 deductable!!! THANKS!!!!!!

"Don't hate me because I'm Beautiful, hate me because I'm better than you, better yet, hate me because I'm fuckin bad ass!!!"

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

lol, cat is still bitter, you'll have to forgive her boldness. i'm sure he's removed one of those 0's from employees copays.

~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

AKA "Devaclis"

I love me some Twin Peaks AND Stans Automotive. Service and people are TOP freaking NOTCH!!!

I will not let the Tom Martino thing prevent me from going to either location. I also have MAJOR issues with Tom. Worked with him, for him, and around him for quite some time.

BUT, a lot of people respect his list and if you guys can be on it, then your business will surely benefit

Congrats!!
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

ok maybe Dana said it better than me...
    Being on his list is a good thing, not trying to rain on your parade. People still do respect the name and the list!
    I'm still holding a grudge because I'm still trying to pay off my ER visit with that wonderful 2500.00 charge that followed and then some.
    Not to mention working for him you were not allowed ANY time of until a year of employment, if you got sick you would get a call from the TOM MARTINO pre recorded message saying We need to talk when you come back to work.... then you got 3 days after a year!! No more no less!! FOR THE YEAR. Then you hear him on the radio station on how small companies take advantage of their employees and ALL employees should have 2 weeks min off a year!! WHAT!?!?!?! Hello what about YOUR Employees with our whopping 3 days!!!

Sorry rant over
    I'm glad to hear you business does GOOD business and you deserve to be reconized, I may have to come in there and check it out
    Last edited by Cat118!; Tue Aug 14th, 2007 at 08:04 AM.

"Don't hate me because I'm Beautiful, hate me because I'm better than you, better yet, hate me because I'm fuckin bad ass!!!"

1948-2011 - R.I.P. Lifetime Supporter Scruff Dog's Avatar

It doesn't surprise me that Twin Peaks Powersports is on his list. I've been doing business with them for years and they are truly top shelf.
    2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory
    2005 Yamaha R1
    2001 Corvette Z06