Thread: Looking for Riding group/buddies

Looking for Riding group/buddies

Picked a used 98 YZ250 almost two weeks ago. Looking for someone to ride with though as it's just more fun and safer. Went out to northern part of rampart range road and luckily was advised I needed a spark arrestor so I left before I had problems with a ranger catching me. I live in Southern Colorado Springs and don't really know of anywhere else here to ride yet. Should have that spark arrestor by the end of the week though and already registered the OHV thing. Anyone wanna hook up and ride with a Dirt newbie?

Re: Looking for Riding group/buddies

Alrighty then, check me if I am wrong, the YZ250 is all stock including gearing, and this is your first dirt bike?

If this is accurate I wish you luck
    Is it jetted for altitude or city? You will probably want to look into a weighted flywheel for that beast and drop your counter sprocket -1.
    If you are really familiar with riding a 2 stroke MXer you might be able to fore-go these mods for awhile, but you will find it to be a handful on the technical stuff. Keep looking in this forum and there will be some rides but as this is predominately sportbike forum you will have better luck on Thumper Talk in the Rocky Mnt. Region.
    http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59

I am headed to Utah for a Supermoto Race this weekend but possibly next weekend. Can you ride during the week? Much better at Rampart to avoid weekends 'till late season.

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Every Saturday and Sunday 470 and Morrison Rd. The Conoco off the exit. It starts at 9 am and they leave about 10am. There is usually 20 - 30 bikes there.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidofDenver View Post
    Every Saturday and Sunday 470 and Morrison Rd. The Conoco off the exit. It starts at 9 am and they leave about 10am. There is usually 20 - 30 bikes there.
    Dirt bikes

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Alrighty then, check me if I am wrong, the YZ250 is all stock including gearing, and this is your first dirt bike?

If this is accurate I wish you luck
    Is it jetted for altitude or city? You will probably want to look into a weighted flywheel for that beast and drop your counter sprocket -1.
    If you are really familiar with riding a 2 stroke MXer you might be able to fore-go these mods for awhile, but you will find it to be a handful on the technical stuff. Keep looking in this forum and there will be some rides but as this is predominately sportbike forum you will have better luck on Thumper Talk in the Rocky Mnt. Region.
    http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59

I am headed to Utah for a Supermoto Race this weekend but possibly next weekend. Can you ride during the week? Much better at Rampart to avoid weekends 'till late season.

First Dirt Bike, only other time on one was around 11 or 12 years old I think I rode one like 3 times. Yep looks pretty stock, even apparently has the original tires . I think it's jetted for city since this is where the previous owner had been riding it but not sure. I had been looking for a used 450f or maybe 250f but didn't mind a 250. Friends recommended these for me. The four strokes may make good trail bikes but this will let me play around more I think. For now I plan on leaving it stock except possibly putting a bigger tank on it. I found this site by searching for colorado riders so I'll check out thumpertalk also. I may take a day off from work sometime and try going up there during the week.

I'll get another streetbike here in a year or two. Went out a couple weeks ago and followed some guys while in the cage, probably do it again next weekend.

i just got a dirt bike too and went out to rampart on thursday by myself, ill be going back out there on sat. if anyone wants to come ill be heading out there at 930-10 hit me up so i can learn from someone with experiance in this area of two wheels.
    Garrett
    AKA Firefghtr
    303=594=4112

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenR1@gmail.com View Post
    .... The four strokes may make good trail bikes but this will let me play around more I think. For now .
    Umm, do you know what most of the Pro's are racing these days? Yup, 4-strokes. 250F's and 450F's are the new crack on the streets. What kind of playing were you planning on doing that a 4 stroke wouldn't suffice? I have owned 2 strokes in the past, and I think they are great, but compared to the new 4 strokes, it's like night and day. Especially when you get to the technical stuff on trails. I ride my YZ450F on the motocross tracks AND up in the mountains. Best of both worlds!
    2014 Ducati Hypermotard 821
    2015 HD FLHXS

I might make it out there sunday, but doubtful saturday.

As for the 4-strokes I wouldn't mind one but I'm happy with the 2-stroke for now.
    * AmericasArmy *
    * Magic: The Gathering *
    * FFXI *

"If you never lived you cannot die
    it's better to crash, than never to fly" - www.dropzone.com

"A right unexercised is a right lost" - www.opencarry.org