Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No questions asked -- Right?

No questions asked -- Right?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293666,00.html

Florida Cops Get Missile Launcher in 'Kicks for Guns' Exchange

Friday, August 17, 2007

ORLANDO, Fla. — Police were hoping for a good turnout at their "Kicks for Guns" sneaker exchange Friday, but they weren't expecting to get a surface-to-air missile launcher.
    An Ocoee man showed up and exchanged the 4-foot-long launcher for size-3 Reebok sneakers for his daughter, the Orlando Sentinel reported.
    Taking advantage of the exchange's no-questions-asked policy, the man was not identified. He told the Orlando Sentinel that he found the weapon in a shed he tore down last week.
    "I didn't know what to do with it, so I brought it here," he told the newspaper. "I took it to three dumps to try to get rid of it and they told me to get lost."
    Besides the missile launcher police collected more than 250 guns. They were all exchanged for sneakers or $50 gift certificates.

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Re: No questions asked -- Right?

What do you think about guns Clovis? I am not trying to pick a fight I just want to know what you position is?

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293666,00.html

Florida Cops Get Missile Launcher in 'Kicks for Guns' Exchange

Friday, August 17, 2007

ORLANDO, Fla. — Police were hoping for a good turnout at their "Kicks for Guns" sneaker exchange Friday, but they weren't expecting to get a surface-to-air missile launcher.
    An Ocoee man showed up and exchanged the 4-foot-long launcher for size-3 Reebok sneakers for his daughter, the Orlando Sentinel reported.
    Taking advantage of the exchange's no-questions-asked policy, the man was not identified. He told the Orlando Sentinel that he found the weapon in a shed he tore down last week.
    "I didn't know what to do with it, so I brought it here," he told the newspaper. "I took it to three dumps to try to get rid of it and they told me to get lost."
    Besides the missile launcher police collected more than 250 guns. They were all exchanged for sneakers or $50 gift certificates.

Wow that's great!! that's 250 guns that aren't in the hands of legal law abiding citizens. Now if only criminals would turn in their guns errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! I mean if the criminals would kindly quit purchasing legal guns from local gun shops then all of the manufactured legal firearms sold wouldn't get into the hands of criminals. I mean there are only a few illegal guns out there and I mean you know that criminals won't get their hands on those, they are responsible criminals. HAHAHA!!

what a freaking load. I'm honestly shocked that Florida would actually try and campaign something so stupid. Florida is the second highest state for concealed carry, they have some of the best laws that are for pro-gun in their state. They even extended a version of what you would call a "make my day" law to include if you feel threatened over anything you could use deadly force and it wouldn't have to be confined to just your home. So with Florida being as pro-gun as they are I'm shocked that the local law enforcement errrrrrrrrrr!! Revenue Collection Agents would put on such a pathetic event.

The only way you'd get me to go to one of those things is if were, that if I turned my gun, I'd get another gun of equal or better value i.e. bigger and more powerful or something with alot more capacity, and other point being that if I turned my gun in, it would go to a family for free that can't afford a firearm for protection. But that won't happen because of course the government doesn't want the citizens to actually protect them, I mean after all that's the job of the government.

These kind of events make me sick that law enforcement try to pull this off, I guess what is worse is that people actually show up to turn in their firearms. Hey it's their choice I guess, nothing like totally disarming yourself...

Weaksauce....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

lol, i want one. clovis isnt old enough to play with guns. i love guns, friends got a sks, glock and smith and wesson handguns.
    Brat

You guys met me comeing out of a gun range. I was picking up brass for reloading whilst I was there. I wanted to wait until I heard from Clovis, because I didn't want him to feel pressured into anything. (And I still don't) But I am as progun as it gets. I have all the good (evil) looking guns, AK-47, UZI, AR-15, Glock, Berretta, EAA Witness, Shotguns and .22s. The list goes on and on. But I didn't want to get into a fight over beliefs when we were riding. I would be happy to introduce anyone in doubt about guns to the facts and even take them shooting. I also think that gun buybacks don't do anything either. I heard Clovis say "Gun nut" when we were riding and I didn't get offended but now I read this article and I am trying to figure him out. So lets get a a dialog going here please. Does anyone think that guns are bad all by themselves? We aren't talking about criminal intent, yet.

heres my fucking stance...... i wish that bastard would have come to me first, i would have GLADLY given him a pair of size 3 reebocks for that damn missle launcher!!!

06 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by DavidofDenver View Post
    You guys met me comeing out of a gun range. I was picking up brass for reloading whilst I was there. I wanted to wait until I heard from Clovis, because I didn't want him to feel pressured into anything. (And I still don't) But I am as progun as it gets. I have all the good (evil) looking guns, AK-47, UZI, AR-15, Glock, Berretta, EAA Witness, Shotguns and .22s. The list goes on and on. But I didn't want to get into a fight over beliefs when we were riding. I would be happy to introduce anyone in doubt about guns to the facts and even take them shooting. I also think that gun buybacks don't do anything either. I heard Clovis say "Gun nut" when we were riding and I didn't get offended but now I read this article and I am trying to figure him out. So lets get a a dialog going here please. Does anyone think that guns are bad all by themselves? We aren't talking about criminal intent, yet.
    David, dude realize that most of your anti-gun people are liberals. I'm not bagging on liberals at all, but those are the ones who usually spearhead these kinds of stupid campaigns. Aside from the gun-hating politicians whose only real reason for hating Guns is because our Constitution states that it's our citizens rights to keep and bear arms in order to protect ourselves from criminals and a tyrannical government. Of course the Politicians don't want us to have guns because then we can overthrow them, which in my opinion we are long over due for another Revolutionary/Civil War.

Why is that? because our government officials are pitting citizen against citizen. You've got a huge contingent that doesn't want their Bill of Rights messed with and then you've got the Gun-Hating population that are in sheer terror of the guns because according to them, Guns Kill People. You have the gun-hating politicians that hate guns because it gives us an edge, but the gun-hating puppets that are the citizens hate guns because they are afraid of them, pure and simple.

And the reason why they are afraid is because most of them if not all of them are wimps. I'll say it, and I'll call everyone out on it that does hate guns. You're wimps and weenies. People think that there is a stigma with Guns. That if you own one you have to be this barbarian from a distant land that loves to kill everything in sight. While there are alot of people like that, most normal gun owners are your neighbor next door. I'm one of those, I'm not a fan of hunting. And it's not because I think hunting is bad or anything like that. I just dont' want to do it because I'm lazy and dont' want to take time off work to go and get my tag filled. Don't get me wrong I love the elk or deer meat. It's great stuff HAHA but honestly rather prefer someone else go and get it. I'm much more of a target shooting and tactical gun enthusiast. I'm into guns because it's my Second Amendment right and I protect myself at all times. In fact I always carry one, sometimes two guns and always have at least two magazines per gun with me at all times. But I love to target practice. I shoot around 10000 rounds a year and I just enjoy the fact that I get to work on my shooting skills and so forth. I'm not like some guys at the range that go there to shoot maybe 10 or 20 rounds like the rifle guys shoot(and I mean the hunter guys, not you tactical guys with rifles). I'm there burning up 200 or 300 rounds at a time. Albeit through a couple of guns but that much nevertheless.

I think alot of people if they just realized that hey you don't have to be some barbarian or gun-toting freak, can enjoy firearms and the security they provide. Most people use instances like Columbine and Virgina Tech as examples and blah blah blah. It's old and it's tired excuses. The reason these things happened is because they were going to happen regardless. Whether or not the shooters were using guns or knives or a screwdriver they were going to get their job done that they set out to do.

My retort is that if everyone was carrying a firearm you would have alot less problems like this arise. Sure you'll still have a crazed gunman go off and lose it, chances are though you'll have alot let body count for him to rack up, because you'll have others there that will be able to deal with him in a timely manner. And don't come at me with the fact that, "that's what the COPS are for." Right now I've got a real bad taste for cops, I respect them but honestly think they are nothing more then highly paid secretaries hired to fill out paper work and do nothing more then collect revenue. Hence why I think Springs cops are the new R.C.A. Revenue Collection Agents, because when you rack up so much traffic fines that you rank #2 in the nation there is alot to be said for that. Either we have safe roads or cops with itchy radar guns. Yeah cops are there to do response. But the fact of the matter is they aren't employed to serve and protect you, they are there to take care of things after the fact. Because response times are still way to slow. Even with the cops called the Gunman at VT nailed 33 people. That's 33 way to many and that's too many people to have to wait for law enforcement to arrive. Now if people were allowed to have had concealed carry on the campus I'm sure you would still have had a few people been killed, that's inevitable part. But the fact is someone who is trained enough with guns could have easily stepped in and ended the situtation.

Oh and this is to all the people that think it's not their job to step in. Grow a freaking SET! It is your responsibility because you could be next. These are also your countrymen you're protecting. We are our brother's keeper and in a situation like this, it would sure help out to have someone who is responsible and trained in firearms usage to handle a situation like this. Sure it's going to suck that you will have to kill someone, but the fact is look at how many lives you'll have saved by stopping a raving lunatic from killing more people. But that's your typical American mentality nowadays, "Oh well it doesn't concern me, so why should I do anything about it?" And yeah that might fly with the guy whose got a flat tire on the highway and he's fixing it. Yeah that dude can handle his situation, but when you've got people under attack from a psycotic gunman, then there's a calling for the real men and women to step up. Seize the situation and help prevent a catastrophy. And sure the Cops will help out WHEN the get there. They will show up and file their reports, do some more paperwork and cart off the body.

This is how passionate I am about firearms and my rights as a citizen of this great nation, because I thinke veryone should have them(those who can legally possess them). And I'd love to stand before congress and issue a warning to all of the anti-gun politicians and their lobby. And it would be simple but appropriate:

" the minute you pass legislation that bans me from my Constitutional right, the minute you send people to come and take my guns from me, is the day that you and the rest of this nation will have blood on your hands. You will cause a second Civil War and plunge this great nation into it's darkest hour, and I gurantee you I will not stop, nor rest until everyone of you is dead. And I have no problems with giving up my life for what I believe and my rights as a US citizen and would gladly trade my life and take yours so that others my experience this nations Freedoms once again. "

It's a speech that I've got rehearse and commited to memory and if given the chance to ever delievery it to Congress before them, I'd gladly speak it forth. And as much as it would sadden me to have to go to war against my fellow Americans it's something that I and I know many others would be burdened to do.

The fact that we as a nation are still free to keep and bear arms is what keeps us safe from full scale invasion from other countries and also a treacherous tyrannical government bent on submission by it's people.

And that is how passionate I feel about this country and my rights.....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

The show that sponsors that program "The Monsters in the Morning" is one of my favorites. They always have a big turn out. Last year they had a grenade and a grenade launcher turned in. I live in Orlando, and I think it's great what they're doing.

david yes i remember you. i dont dig the guns kill people bs. people kill people. guns are great, imo. clovis well he's probably just posting bc it was a missile launcher. i dont know what he thinks about guns.
    hi david how ya been?

ummmmm yeah im a gun n00b.... you should donate one to me.... ill take the AR

06 DR650SE

Sorry about the later post. I was working.

But hey Brat. I'm doing alright. I have to agree with you Black Night 100% I don't go around saying what I will do. When it could be enough to throw me in jail all by its self.

No you can't have my AR. Its so touchy that you wouldn't want it anyway. I have thrown sand into my AK and shot it. I can't even think about doing something like that with the AR or it will jam up.
    I think that the most I have shot at one time is 1000 rds and that was in a weekend camping trip. There maybe more since that was just thru my AK.

Gun buy backs are really bad especially since the uneducated get ripped off. Example there was a guy who turned in a Garand rifle worth about $1000 for a $100 gift certificate to Best Buy. My dad got ripped off the worst he sold a WWII captured Mauser for $100. It was one that my grandpa picked up from a sandy field in Africa. And the guy he sold it to won't sell it back for any amount. I feel bad about it too, but he should have thought about it before he sold it to me. It could have been worse he could have sold it a gun buy back and it would have been melted down and sold as scrap to china or something buy now.

I want to go shooting tomorrow. I can't figure out how to get my rifles on my bike without looking like probable cause. I could take my truck but then I would be a slow ass cager. I don't like the idea.

i was just bullshitting anyways... ive owned an AR (colt sporter HBAR) and traded it for an HK 9mm USP plus cash several years ago..... ive owned alot of guns in the past few years, and sold most of them, even some class 3's, and i think as far as practicality, i need my shotgun, hunting stick, carry peice, and maybe a couple of plinkers. I'm still a gun nut, albeit a bit out of the loop for recent stuff, and am definately pro-gun.

06 DR650SE

Sorry about the later post. I was working.

But hey Brat. I'm doing alright. I have to agree with you Black Night 100% I don't go around saying what I will do. When it could be enough to throw me in jail all by its self.
    Hey David, yeah I dont' go around throwing out threats or anything of the sort. Believe me I don't want this nation to be plunged into another Civil War, because that's what would happen if there were to be a nation wide piece of legislation that bans all weapons. No those were my words that I'd love to stand up in front of congress and say it to them all. It's a stark warning of what would/will happen if they try to destory the 2nd Amendment. And I'm honest about it, I won't live in a country that tries to destroy my Bill of Rights and I would gladly fight anytime.

I think what I would have to say to congress is perfectly fine and the great thing is I'm covered under the 1st Amendment, course politicians want to destory that one too.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Banning all guns straight up without question!? We aren't England or Australia we are all the USA and we make others think that violence isn't the answer, because they'd loose. Its not that they are afraid they just know its not the answer. I wish I could say that I play a part in it but I am just a man with passion for shooting.

I hope that you aren't Bullshitting about how strong your convictions are. Its not that you don't know how far it would go if a total ban was put in place. I wonder if you or I would have the Constitution strong enough to take as far as it needs to go.

If there is one thing that the prostiticians know is that an all out ban just like that won't work and most likly will get then killed. No. That is not the answer. What they have to do to make guns go away for their own utopia socialist wet dream (that worked so well in the USSR) is erode the right. A bit here a bit there. They can wait as long as it takes. Even if they loose the elections and control of the House, Senate and White House. Its just a battle ground to them. They can wait and have the liberal media spin the lies until people don't know any better. But they are looseing control of even that. Thanks to the internet.

I would hope that you get to talk to the congress and say your speech. But I hope that the day when it is needed doesn't come. Gun control is a looser. But reminding them of their duty to protect our rights must be done all the time. And when things like Waco happen it should be expected that Oklahoma City will follow. Did you notice that the scared timid liberals didn't pull anymore stunts like that after OK? The tree of freedom must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of tyrants and heros.

I just won't vent it on the internet... and neither should you. But I still agree with you.

I think that anyone who shoots guns and likes them enough to own them can call themselves a gun nut. But it might be like calling yourself a biker when you are just a squid. I am a squid because I wear shorts and crank the throttle when I shouldn't. But I am a gun nut. I take great pride in knowing all the interesting and trivial information I can about them. I have even made a gun before. One of my AK's is homemade. Its like a child. (a child that I don't feed, keep in the closet and don't show nearly enough attention to).

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    The show that sponsors that program "The Monsters in the Morning" is one of my favorites. They always have a big turn out. Last year they had a grenade and a grenade launcher turned in. I live in Orlando, and I think it's great what they're doing.
    What they are doing isn't helping anything. If they really wanted to help the billionare gun grabbers should open up the purse and pay $10,000 per gun turned in. I bet there isn't a gun owner in the country except the class 3 owners would sell their guns. The best part is that they would just go buy new ones unless it was banned.

Here is my baby after painting it.
    Attachment 5102

Attachment 5103
    Last edited by DavidofColorado; Wed Oct 3rd, 2007 at 06:52 PM.

Dissconected from this world

is that dura-coat?

Some Camo paint I got from home depot.

those pics suck ! your fired no more camera playing for you david! how about a side view of the gun. full shot. nice firearm btw.
    Brat

You called down the thunder well now you got it. Plus since I don't think anyone is going up to 3rd and union I don't have anything better to do. Give me a second.

These are my toys. I don't think they get much better than this. As far as the second amendment being an absolute right I believe it is as abosute a freedom that speech is. But I don't ever want to be caught in a civil unrest without some form of defense. And being a vigilant about the right is what is required because they will just widdle away at the right if you aren't willing to send letters speak up about it. Or if need be kick some ass. I think that a army wouldn't stand a chance against a population that knows how to shoot as good as them.

Last edited by DavidofColorado; Mon Aug 27th, 2007 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Spite

Wow, I forgot about this thread!

I was just posting this because I thought it was funny that a missile launcher showed up at a gun amnesty program!

But to set the record straight I'm pro-gun. I firmly believe that Americans should continue to have the right to bare arms but the idea of over-throwing a tyranical government may be have been practical in the days of the American revolution it would be consideribly more difficult now. All the guns a citizen can legally posses wont be much against today's modern military hardware

But guns are a fundamental part of the American way of life, I own a couple myself. One year for my wife's birthday I got her a 20 guage Mossburg 500. I was out target shooting with some friends this Saturday as well.

When I say "gun nut" I'm referring to people like Jim Bishop that are fanatics when it comes to gun rights and are generally so far right that it makes me think they're crazy (and I'm a conservitive republican!).

Well that is good news Clovis. I have a greater respect for you. But I would have respected your views if it was the other way.
    Hey Clovis how is the knee? Do you have any full size pictures of your bike that you could share?
    Last edited by DavidofColorado; Tue Aug 28th, 2007 at 04:54 AM.

i beleive all idiots should be shot.

lol bet someone wont like that one...