Thread: 2-3 Day Ride, Aspen/Snowmass Area & Beyond???

2-3 Day Ride, Aspen/Snowmass Area & Beyond???

Hey guys, I live and work at a hotel in Snowmass Village. I may be able to swing some seriously cheap hotel rooms for anyone interested in hittin' some great twisties for any weekdays or weekends this spring! There are at least 3 great roads to ride within 10 minutes of the hotel including Maroon Bells Rd, Castle Creek Road (12 miles of rollers and twisties ), and Independence Pass at 12,000+, the hotel also has a good outdoor heated pool and whirlpool to relax in after riding! Don't forget the great night life in Aspen ) . Just an idea to see what interest there would be, even 2 or three people coming out here would be a good time. I just need to get some numbers and dates to go with to my boss. Open for dates anytime after the roads get cleaned up this spring! Good excuse for a warm up before Vegas.
    Greg (shorty) Hull
    "Getting old is manditory...
    growing up is optional."

Greg, that sounds like an awesome w/e....I'd be interested.
    "Life is not a journey unto the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather
    to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

-
    SV650S/SV650 Superbike/R6/1150GS/Tuono R

Board Newbie
    Hey Greg,

Count me in, man (if the job allows). Sounds like a great trip. All we need is for this crappy weather to break
    "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"

I'm in too! I can't get away during the week, but any weekend is fine.

Yep, that sounds kick ass.. Any ideas on dates yet???
    Foxfire

Dates for Aspen/Snowmass ride

Wow, great to get some interest so soon, I am looking to do at least 2 of these rides this year. The dates are flexable, I was looking at the first weekend in June. That's when Independence pass opens up...great road to ride up above 12k ft. Any earlier and I would worry that the roads might still have some of that horrible pea gravel on it from the snow plows. As for getting hotel rooms most any time during the summer I can get us some cheap rates, most likely $50 per room . The rooms would be at the Silvertree (where I work) and each room would have 2 queen beds so it can easily sleep 4! Send some feedback for what works out better for the majority of people.
    Greg (shorty) Hull
    growing up is optional."

I'd say I would be interested but that's right after a group of us get back from a 5600 mile cross-country ride. Not sure I can handle another weekend behind the bars without a lot of rest and massage therapy.

We'll see though...

Aspen/Snowmass dates thought

Yeah, I know that the 1st weekend in June would be after all the big trips. That did cross my mind as I was looking at dates, but if we do it any earlier then the roads would most likely still be dangerous. We can move the dates around after the Vegas weekend, I will take any suggesstions! Maybe the 2nd or 3rd weekend in June would be better?
    Greg (shorty) Hull
    growing up is optional."

the LAST weekend on June works for me....

the last week of june means that all the kids are out of school which means that i'm free to ride for a 2 week span.... the yello subs are idle!
    henry
    "its boxy, its fast..."

iba#14410 -- 1kss, bbg, 50cc, 2kss, 3kss and b2b_insanity completed -- it has been 4 years.
    UPDATE bbg_insanity will run somewhere btwn APR-JUN 09

dates

Last weekend in June sounds good, most any of the dates work well for me and the hotel rooms. Everyone send in your thoughts and requests for dates in June!
    Greg (shorty) Hull
    growing up is optional."

Board Newbie

aspen/snowmass trip

Hey Greg you can definently count me in on that trip, it'll most likely be my 1st time out with the group, so it'll give me a chance to get to know some of the other riders..just need the dates and prices!!!!!!!!!
    "Oh my God...she killed my bike...U BASTARD"
    !!!ScRaPe SuMtHiN'!!!

I will "Talley-Ho!!", for this ride as well. Prices please, keeping in mind this will be between Vegas and Mt Rushmore time frame. For some reason my ass is starting to hurt already!
    I definately appreciate the offer Greg.

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500
    01 Jeep Cherokee <It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand>

Re: dates

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Last weekend in June sounds good, most any of the dates work well for me and the hotel rooms. Everyone send in your thoughts and requests for dates in June!
    Last weekend in June sounds perfect.
    "Life is not a journey unto the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather
    to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

-
    SV650S/SV650 Superbike/R6/1150GS/Tuono R

Firm Dates

The dates seem to work well for the most the last weekend in June (27-29). I just need to get a number of rooms needed and then I can get some set prices. Most likely looking at $50 per room. Can everyone get here sometime Friday afternoon or night? I would think arriving Friday early evening then party friday night in Aspen, ride all day Saturday then leave anytime Sunday would be ideal. The rooms here can easily sleep 4, keep that in mind for getting roomates if you want to share beds and prices.
    Greg (shorty) Hull
    growing up is optional."

Sharing a room sounds great!! Sharing a bed however depends on the party on who we come across

Thanks for the info.

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500
    01 Jeep Cherokee <It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand>

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coston
    Sharing a room sounds great!! Sharing a bed however depends on the party on who we come across

Thanks for the info.

Chris
    Does sharing your room with a drunken college kid sound like it's up your alley? How have you been Chris ? Haven't seen you since August when I left to go back to school. Still workin at Elway I see.

Anyways, the Silvertree is awesome! I was up there in Nov. for my girls business fraternity formal i.e. a bunch of drunken college kids from all over CO partying non-stop. I figure this trip would be perfect to use up that free meal certificate we got from the hotel after filling out the comment card.

Count me and the girlfriend in..... now I just have to find a new bike, but that shouldn't be too hard (CBR600RR anyone? ).

Adam,
    I was here for that weekend, wow did you guys party hard. The top mangt. had some "interesting" thoughts from that weekend! I personally didn't have a problem with you guys, it wasn't that many moons ago when I was participating in weekends like yours. It was pretty histarical..there was puke in 1 elevator & behind the main front desk, and the bathroom outside my office was "re-decorated", it was great to see some young blood stirring things up around here! If our weekend up here is half as exciting it will be legendary and we'll have to do it a few times this summer and fall.
    Greg (shorty) Hull
    growing up is optional."

There was also an incident involving a fire extinguisher sprayed under a doo in the middle of the night, a door handle that broke off locking some people inside their room, numerous broken ceiling tiles, a broken exit sign, amoung numerous other things!

The little lady wanted me to tell you that she was in charge of organizing that "little" bit of college debauchery, so you'd probably recognize her if you saw her.

Anyways, a trip to the Hot Springs in Glenwood would be pretty relaxing after the long drive up there! Juicy Lucys, great steak place, is right across the river from there too.

Can't wait for summer to roll around, this snow is depressing.

Well I am glad to hear everyone had a good time, did everyone make it back to school that next monday? Going to the springs would be good, and getting some big 'ole red meat wouldn't be bad either. We can wait and see, I can think of a few good restaurants in Aspen that would be just as good...and we have a good hot tub at the Silvertree so we don't have to ride another 40 minutes to get to the Glennwood Springs hot springs. Just some thoughts on it, we can see what everyone wants to do once they are here.
    Greg (shorty) Hull
    growing up is optional."