Thread: Remember???

I brought all my shoes and all my glasses so I would have them

Remember???

This only takes a couple mins to watch...but it's worth it.
    http://members.cox.net/classicweb/Heroes/heroes.htm

man that was a good video.....i almost lost it seing that girl jump from the window
    Knee2Ground Racing

i dont get it...
    ~MR. PISSY PANTS~
    R . I . P. Gene, you will be missed!

01 Dakota (Yama-hauler)
    00 WR-400 (da da dirty dirty)
    06 GSXR 6 (street toy)
    06 KLX 110 (play toy)
    02 Kawi Quad (play toy #2) maybe for sale...anyone interested??

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

<--and yes i think this is a Texas flag Well, at least i THOUGHT it was, until peanut took it away...dam you peanut, DAMMMMM YOUUUU!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoKidd
    i dont get it...
    It's not that complicated.

Board Newbie
    In all honesty all that does is make me feel like crap. Ya I remember it, but they say it like you should always think about it, or nail a pic of it on the ceiling above your bed....and if everyone did that, I bet there would be alot of people who dont even leave their houses. I think it should be more among the lines of "lets not let this happen again".
    that was a HORRIBLE tragedy, and Im sure we have all mourned for the innocent lives that were taken and should not have been, however, I would think that each of the people involved in that, would rather us build a better defense, than constantly mourne their death. If we do that, than they died for nothing, if we use this as a learning experience, and they are the reason for us avoiding a future attack of 10 times the intensity, Im sure they would be much happier, I would at least. (I know this has probably been said)
    I guess in another aspect, if we remember it, we will be more aware, but that video is just intense...and depressing.
    I do not mean this to be offensive to anyone, these are just my views. I wish that 9/11 had never happened. NO ONE deserved that.

p.s. sorry for such a long and opinionated post

Morgan
    '04 Black/Yellow GSX-R750

i will always remember for one of many reasons one of janices best friends from high school THOMAS SLOWCOM was killed in action in iraq. i cannot say anymore except THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAS GIVEN THEIR LIVES FOR OUR FREEDOM IN ALL OF THE WARS.
    R.I.P. mom i will always love you

Board Newbie
    True that.....
    I never really understood, untill the boyfriend of a chick who lived in my old dorm came out to visit. He is back in Iraq now, I believe, and he explained what it is like over there, and all I can say is thanks to anyone over there. He is the same age as me (19), and I never really thaught it could happen to me, but I am at that age. I cant even imagine what it would be like to have a friend over there, let alone go over there.

Morgan
    '04 Black/Yellow GSX-R750

Powerfull...

Thank god for the blood of heros'...

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar
    I guess we all get affected by what happened almost three years ago.

Here's an excerpt from an email I got from my aunt about 3 days ago.

I have a very special request.....Brendan has left for Iraq....he will be in Mosul as far as we know for now. He will be working for the army?? He is the Squad leader...the youngest man with them is 19.......I need your prayers for all of them and our other men who are there. Please Mary, Joseph and Jesus...keep them safe and return them all safely and healthy to their families.
    Look for the yellow ribbons on my front porch!!!!!
    For the present at least, Jen and Juliette will remain in Germany....Jen is to emotional (they had a week's notice for him to leave ( he had been told Aug or Sept) and at the same time, the Air Force moved them to a new apartment...so Jen is surrounded by boxes in a new home) to make a decision about moving right now. She and Juliette will have till school starts before they make a commitment about staying or coming here.

As for me, I am having a hard time comprehending all of this.....we were in the middle of a vacation and had to pack Brendan for war.....flack jacket, helmet, sand storm gear, desert boots, back pack, canteen, folding shovel??....and a dozen of everything...socks, shirts, underwear, towels, soap, razors......did you ever iron desert battle fatigues??....it was all I could do...iron and pack clothes......it was just weird.......

Who the people are.... Jen is my Aunts Daughter (my cousin), Brendan is her husbad and Juliette is their daughter.

Brendan was stationed in Germany and my aunt was out there vacationing and visiting her grand-daughter.

If you get a moment, please say a prayer for Brendan and the rest of my family.

Thank you.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Mrs. rforsythe Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin
    Wow! That was pretty moving!

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifta750
    p.s. sorry for such a long and opinionated post

Morgan

Oh boy Morgan - you've got a lot to learn about LONG posts!
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3