Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SOME FUCKTARD STOLE MY DIRT BIKE

Re: SOME FUCKTARD STOLE MY DIRT BIKE

Quote Originally Posted by (( LO LO )) View Post
    Time for a YZ450F!
    I'd pay to see that!

A 110 lb. dude on a 450...ain’t gonna happen.

After closer inspection of my policy, I have comp coverage not just theft/fire. It will be covered under vandalism. It’s going to be at least 2k just for all the parts to fix it. I’ve got $600 in the suspension alone, so if Geico pays I think it’s worth fixing.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    A 110 lb. dude on a 450...ain’t gonna happen.

After closer inspection of my policy, I have comp coverage not just theft/fire. It will be covered under vandalism. It’s going to be at least 2k just for all the parts to fix it. I’ve got $600 in the suspension alone, so if Geico pays I think it’s worth fixing.
    Sorry man, didn't know you were such a lightweight... But we need to go ride sometime...
    2014 Ducati Hypermotard 821
    2015 HD FLHXS

115 on a good day…
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Could you claim it on your homeowners AND motorcycle coverages? It was stolen out of your HOUSE.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

So are/will the cops do anything to figure out who took it in the first place? Guess I'm naive, but there must be finger prints all over that bike. (I am watching too much CSI)

At least you have some "closure" and found it. So bummed you had to deal with this John.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

Member Lifetime Supporter CBRSue's Avatar

115 on a good day…
    I would kill to weigh in at 115!

Sorry to hear about your bike. That just sucks. I hope working with your insurance company and rebuilding your bike goes as smoothly as possible.
    Susan

Too bad for them it’s setup for a 110 lb. rider.
    Damnit, If only I woulda known before I threw my back out pickin that mother up outta the livin......

Oh um... nevermind

J/K, I hope you get your bike back together

(and I still have your damn purple backpack in my trunk, as you brought your extra jacket for linds it a dozen months ago!!! I dont wanna purple bag in my trunk!!!)
    Last edited by Stuart Little; Thu Aug 23rd, 2007 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Cuz I dont wanna purple bag anymore
    It's a celebration bitches!!! - RIP 502

Motos:
    2003 SV1000N - Dual Yosh RS3 CF Exhaust ••••• 09' Aprilia SR50 (Wife's) ••••• 93' ZX-11 - Sold after 43k Miles
    Cars:
    08' Audi S5 6MT •••• 10' VW TDI Cup Edition 6MT •••• 02' VW TDI Beetle 5MT •••• 07' Ford Explorer

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully you can replace the damaged bike through your insurance. Time for a YZ450F!

don't get a four choker, there for lazy old slow ppl that can't handle the 2-stroke power............lol
    drop a gear and disappear....

Asshat Racing:Mra #228
    2002 r6 street,akrapovic slip-on,flush mounts,Ohlins steering dampener
    2000 r6 race (sold)

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

Sorry to hear about the bike John, hopefully it gets covered.
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
    don't get a four choker, there for lazy old slow ppl that can't handle the 2-stroke power............lol
    WHAT?!?! I eat 2 strokers for breakfast on my new thumper.... Why do you think RC and Bubba turned in their 250's for thumpers... duh!
    2015 HD FLHXS

they had to pay ricky to switch............otherwise he'd still be on a 2-stroke....and as for bubba, who cares what that ass crack rides..he's as dangerous as a 3 peckered billygoat...seriously tho, the manufacturers make them switch for sales reasons.................

4-choker = lazy mans bike
    Last edited by mayhem; Fri Aug 24th, 2007 at 10:26 AM.

2000 r6 race (sold)

WHAT?!?! I eat 2 strokers for breakfast on my new thumper.... Why do you think RC and Bubba turned in their 250's for thumpers... duh!
    yeah, i bet those yz80's are hard to catch tho........................

2000 r6 race (sold)

Geico is sending an adjuster out next week. Doug, motor vehicles are excluded on HO policies so no go there. Yes Teri, you’ve been watching too much CSI. Stolen dirt bikes are low priority. The fact that the house was broken into moves it up a notch but I’ll be surprised if a detective calls. Sue, you’ll get there...just keep up those two-a-day workouts. Stu, I left that purple backpack b/c I know it matches most of the clothes that you wear.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

As for 2 vs. 4 stroke, the ring ding has been the perfect dirt bike for me. It’s light enough that even I can throw it around and it makes more power than I know how to use. However, I’d love to have a new WR250 also…and a TZ250, and a KTM EXC SM, and a CBR600RR, and a DZ400, and...
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Talking Re: SOME FUCKTARD STOLE MY DIRT BIKE

i was just messin with lo lo, to each his own....but i'm not old enough to ride a 4-choker, i'm only 42

2000 r6 race (sold)

It’s going to be at least 2k just for all the parts to fix it. I’ve got $600 in the suspension alone, so if Geico pays I think it’s worth fixing.
    Heck, for $2000, go buy another YZ125 and transfer all your good parts to it, or the other way around...take the remains to Steeles and get a few bucks...

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Damn, that sucks John. My guess is that your bike is located some 6 miles West of where you are.

Seriously though, I hope somebody spots it. If not, just overclaim the bejesus out of it on your homeowners, and get a new one like Lolo's.
    Unfortunately, at least with State Farm, motorized vehicles not used to maintain your home, are not covered by a homeowners insurance policy. I discovered thsi a few years back because I one of those cheap ass stand-up gas powered scooters that goes like 25mph. They came into my garage, stole my mountain bike, my sub out of my truck, my scooter, and a bunch of power tools. Sub covered under vehicle policy only, even though vehicle was in my garage, and the scooter not covered because it is gas powered and doesn't have its own insurance policy, and it's not used to maintain the home (i.e. lawn power, weed eater, etc.)

Really sucks to hear about that. I'd focus on people that live near you and have seen it out before.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
    they had to pay ricky to switch............otherwise he'd still be on a 2-stroke....and as for bubba, who cares what that ass crack rides..he's as dangerous as a 3 peckered billygoat...seriously tho, the manufacturers make them switch for sales reasons.................

4-choker = lazy mans bike
    Actually I remember an interview with Ricky C. awhile back on SPEED vision where they asked him what he thought about the switch to the 450. He said straight out that he loved his 250, but had to make the switch to the 450 to remain competitive, even though he really didn't need the help to stay out front. Several mechanics such as Jeremy Mcgraths, even said the 4 strokes are so ridiculously fast and reliable that it is inevitable that the 2 strokes will become obsolete!
    2015 HD FLHXS

LPD called Friday saying that a dude was arrested with my riding gear by DPD. I took over pics and receipts of my gear and talked to the detective working the case. He’s charging this punk with felony theft and burglary. Dude’s name is Justin and I figured out who he is after sleeping on it. He’s a buddy of my former loser neighbor, "Bob" that was arrested for breaking into another unit while he was living here. Bob was always enamoured with my bike and I even thought of him when this first happened. I’m working on finding him now so LPD can arrest him too. I’m sure he is the instigator and Justin was along for the ride.
    Last edited by FZRguy; Sun Aug 26th, 2007 at 11:10 PM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

NICE! Hope they get it crammed up their ass!

Holy crap! Glad they got the guy and hopefully you can sue the crap out of him... what crap's left in him, of course.

Did the guy have any damage on his person?
    Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

Considering the rash on my gear, I’d say he’s a hurtin’ unit. He actually called DPD to report that he was involved in a hit and run accident. Then he changed his story saying that his friend pushed him off the back of a moving motorcycle. The evidence is starting to pile up and if the DA is game, I’M GOING TO PUT THESE FUCKERS IN PRISON!
    Last edited by FZRguy; Mon Aug 27th, 2007 at 12:07 AM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

F&$kin Nice Love it when things actually come close to right, we'll hope they get time.
    It's a celebration bitches!!! - RIP 502

Motos:
    2003 SV1000N - Dual Yosh RS3 CF Exhaust ••••• 09' Aprilia SR50 (Wife's) ••••• 93' ZX-11 - Sold after 43k Miles
    Cars:
    08' Audi S5 6MT •••• 10' VW TDI Cup Edition 6MT •••• 02' VW TDI Beetle 5MT •••• 07' Ford Explorer