Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clickish riders in the CSC

Clickish riders in the CSC

I think the group riders have their clicks and are afraid of going outside the circle to ride with new people. It's ok for us to tag along with them though, go figure. I'm not going to post any other rides here as I think it's a waste of my time. I met some cool people at the newbie ride. One of them I ride with all the time. Thanks for giving the newb a chance. (New to the forum not new to riding.) You wouldn't know that because you don't take the time to find out.

Re: Clickish riders in the CSC

Quote Originally Posted by tl1000riders View Post
    I think the group riders have their clicks and are afraid of going outside the circle to ride with new people. It's ok for us to tag along with them though, go figure. I'm not going to post any other rides here as I think it's a waste of my time. I met some cool people at the newbie ride. One of them I ride with all the time. Thanks for giving the newb a chance. (New to the forum not new to riding.) You wouldn't know that because you don't take the time to find out.
    "Power is nothing without control"

Gold Member

damn playa dont bes hatn..

Hey man, don't be down from experiences with a couple of people. Your welcome to ride with me and my buddies anytime. I live pretty close to you as well off 120th and huron.

You must have ridden with Mountainairlover, as she is really tough to ride with and doesn't care about anybody else. Why on her last 10 social rides I heard that all the people that came out, for practically all ten, said that they would never ride with her another time, well, cept for the next and the next. j/k

I'm not sure if we've been on a ride together. But, if we had, you'd still be picking the sand out of your teeth (meant as being adventurous riding). Good luck with all.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    You must have ridden with Mountainairlover, as she is really tough to ride with and doesn't care about anybody else. Why on her last 10 social rides I heard that all the people that came out, for practically all ten, said that they would never ride with her another time, well, cept for the next and the next. j/k
    and here i thought they only came out for my witty banter.

i posted my opinion on your other thread.

here is the way it stands.
    perhaps that is true....
    i have yet to feel that way.
    tagging along on a group ride is the best way to show you are capable to keep yourself in check.
    as far as ride posting-i don't think it has anything to do with the peeps not wanting to ride with you.
    perhaps more to do with the fact that they have other things planned.

what is the problem though if you or others have had the oppurtunity to find a group that you are comfortable with???

i would've been more than happy to have ridden through or met you in the park today,but i was there last sunday and just yesterday.

one word of advice........wear warm clothes.

last word-you will find that there are some people who will eventually ride with you and be comfortable with doing so on a regular basis.

i guess the large groups cathy and i gather with and or ride with have been too far for you to join us.
    last weekends ride through trail ridge had 13+ riders and one came from colorado springs to loveland for a half day ride.

as i said....keep trying. someone will ride with you.
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain."

.........a crotch rocket going 85 to 90 down the highway looking like a power ranger on a mission...

Geeze give people a chance to get to know you, riding with people is a very personal thing for most. There are too many whak jobs out there to ride with just everyone on the spur of the moment. I generaly ride with those I know and avoid the others until I know how they ride. Of course I am one of the whak jobs so I don't want to mess up others civilized rides.

Just got tired of picking up the pieces on every group ride.

I'm sorry for grouping all the riders. I will post some other rides and see what happens. I would like to find the riders close to me that way we can do spur of the moment rides like after work. Maybe meet at the sonic on 96th,Fed friday night.

well said bueller.

keep it sane,keep it real.
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.
    Only I will remain."

.........a crotch rocket going 85 to 90 down the highway looking like a power ranger on a mission...

I'm sorry for grouping all the riders. I will post some other rides and see what happens. I would like to find the riders close to me that way we can do spur of the moment rides like after work. Maybe meet at the sonic on 96th,Fed friday night.
    now that's the attitude we like to see here.

truthfully i would invite you to one of our rides,but you've gotta go the distance
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.
    Only I will remain."

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post

I'm not sure if we've been on a ride together. But, if we had, you'd still be picking the sand out of your teeth (meant as being adventurous riding). Good luck with all.
    Ha! Hey, I resemble that remark.

Since Pilot slammed me so well (j/k), just thought I'd post my .02 here and leave it at that. Sorry I couldn't ride wit ya, seein's how I smooshed my Zed and am licking my wounds right now. It does take a bit to get to know peeps and I've noticed that lots of peeps are hesitant to ride with new people because they wanna get to know them first. But, once you do get to know people, well, then you'll have a great group of friends to ride with.

I have no idea where I'd be now if Mayo (daemon) weren't so freakin' insistent, but we've been riding together for the past year and have had lots of fun putting together rides for peeps in the north. It just takes time.

Don't give up.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    I have no idea where I'd be now if Mayo (daemon) weren't so freakin' insistent, but we've been riding together for the past year and have had lots of fun putting together rides for peeps in the north. It just takes time.

Don't give up.
    and we keep drawing them in
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.
    Only I will remain."

i just joined the boards about 2 weeks ago, and i have ridden with a few ppl here in the south and got along really well with them. and today a couple of us southies hook up with denverbusa and about 40 other riders and we had a blast, until someone crashed.....there are alot of different pesonallities out there & different riding levels, you just gotta find the one's you enjoy riding with and the one's that enjoy ridin with you..................
    drop a gear and disappear....

Asshat Racing:Mra #228
    2002 r6 street,akrapovic slip-on,flush mounts,Ohlins steering dampener
    2000 r6 race (sold)

WOW! 21 whole posts and you should be a regular and people should all jump to come ride with you? Sorry - It's probably just the Mondays but uh, maybe you should make the effort? I'm a rookie and I certainly do not belong with most of the riders on this site.....they pick and chose me as much as I pick and choose them. The group you ride with is so important....a little effort might be necessary. Go on some other people's rides, get to know people....THEN maybe you can expect people to hook up on a ride you organize.

I've been here for 8+ months and I still only know a few people and I've ridden with fewer. Hopefully that'll change as I get more skilled but come on...show up, toss out a ride and expect people to show up - then whine when they don't? uh
    First, the only person you have anything to prove to is yourself. Second, you can watch life with your nose pressed up against the glass. Or you can swing the doors open and step inside.

That's definitely way better attitude than your first post I'd probably come do a Friday night 96th & Federal ride, as I'm on the north side. I find myself just riding around by myself on the weekends, just for an excuse to ride!
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

I think what it comes down to is history. Theres all kinds of people out there with different riding styles and opinions on what is safe vs crazy vs stupid riding. Without people knowing you that well, it will be harder to organize a group ride, it's better if you can just join in a few rides and get to know some people....

Organizing your own ride usually means you will define the route, pace, safety, etc.... Others will want to see how you have demonstrated all this on other rides with them as well before committing.

Quote Originally Posted by cdbouncer View Post
    WOW! 21 whole posts and you should be a regular and people should all jump to come ride with you? Sorry - It's probably just the Mondays but uh, maybe you should make the effort? I'm a rookie and I certainly do not belong with most of the riders on this site.....they pick and chose me as much as I pick and choose them. The group you ride with is so important....a little effort might be necessary. Go on some other people's rides, get to know people....THEN maybe you can expect people to hook up on a ride you organize.

I've been here for 8+ months and I still only know a few people and I've ridden with fewer. Hopefully that'll change as I get more skilled but come on...show up, toss out a ride and expect people to show up - then whine when they don't? uh
    I didn't know it was posting experience that gave you riding skills. Really what was I thinking. That's my point you say you're an experienced poster so that makes you an experienced rider.LOL

Dissconected from this world

A ride is a ride, its not like your plugging each other first jeeez, see a post for a ride.....Go ride, that simple

Quote Originally Posted by MAZIN View Post
    A ride is a ride, its not like your plugging each other first jeeez, see a post for a ride.....Go ride, that simple
    You would think it was that simple haha. Someone like Terra posts a ride, you wouldn't just want to join up with it without knowing his riding style or people that will be riding with him. If your a wild rider, then when someone like me posts a ride and you bring your wild skillz, you will be "convinced" to leave our group at our first break point. Not saying any specific type of riding is wrong (even though i do have my personal opinions), but it is important to try and match up with the right group.

If not, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Like I said earlier, people are hesitant to ride with others that they are not familiar with due to past accidents, some far worse than others. I don't believe for the most-part that it has anything to do with clickish riders though.

It's really not a big deal to arrange a group ride, there are so many to choose from, plus it does place a lot of responsibility on the person that arranges it.

I didn't know it was posting experience that gave you riding skills. Really what was I thinking. That's my point you say you're an experienced poster so that makes you an experienced rider.LOL
    Well - actually, I'm fairly certain I said that maybe you should make the effort to get to know some people here before you judge. It's just as important to be comfortable with the people you ride with as it is to be comfortable on your bike.

oh yea...and i'm also pretty certain I stated that I was a rookie.....as far as I know that doesn't mean I'm experienced at anything...
    Last edited by cdbouncer; Fri Aug 31st, 2007 at 10:38 AM.
    First, the only person you have anything to prove to is yourself. Second, you can watch life with your nose pressed up against the glass. Or you can swing the doors open and step inside.

Dissconected from this world

Well when entering a ride you have to observe safty first and formost, if you do that you shouldent offend anyone. Take your spot, stay in your spot, dont act like a jack-ass. Maybe there should be a thread on ride-edicate?

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Of course I am one of the whak jobs...

aint THAT the truth...
    ~MR. PISSY PANTS~
    R . I . P. Gene, you will be missed!

01 Dakota (Yama-hauler)
    00 WR-400 (da da dirty dirty)
    06 GSXR 6 (street toy)
    06 KLX 110 (play toy)
    02 Kawi Quad (play toy #2) maybe for sale...anyone interested??

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

<--and yes i think this is a Texas flag Well, at least i THOUGHT it was, until peanut took it away...dam you peanut, DAMMMMM YOUUUU!!!!!

For me, to be honest, the longer I ride, the fewer people I actually ride with. It has nothing to do with cliques but rather, feeling comfortable with the people you're riding with.

I don't want someone I don't know getting on my ass because if I fuck up and they don't know what they're doing, we'll both go down. I don't want someone hauling ass after me because they have to keep up with "that girl" either. I like it when the people I do ride with *know* when I'm going to take more of a race line through upcoming turns, when they *know* I want to make a lane change, etc.

I'm probably pickier than most about who I ride with, but if I'm not comfortable, I'm not having fun and the rare times I do actually go for a street ride, it had better damn well be an incredible time!

Don't take it personally.

------------------------
    Student Driver Racing / My Little Pony Racing
    Aerobics instructor seeks optical illusion...#502, baby