Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clickish riders in the CSC

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

Re: Clickish riders in the CSC

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    For me, to be honest, the longer I ride, the fewer people I actually ride with. It has nothing to do with cliques but rather, feeling comfortable with the people you're riding with.

I don't want someone I don't know getting on my ass because if I fuck up and they don't know what they're doing, we'll both go down. I don't want someone hauling ass after me because they have to keep up with "that girl" either. I like it when the people I do ride with *know* when I'm going to take more of a race line through upcoming turns, when they *know* I want to make a lane change, etc.

I'm probably pickier than most about who I ride with, but if I'm not comfortable, I'm not having fun and the rare times I do actually go for a street ride, it had better damn well be an incredible time!

Don't take it personally.

I have kinda followed this thread and didn't really know how to state my thoughts, but Jenny kinda hit my feelings on the head. I have ridden with the groups, I will show up here and there. I do not post up planned rides on here, but rather make my arrangements to ride with friends via other means (typically text message). I am always open to meeting new people, but I do not feel that I want to ride with everyone out there just because we have something in common. Make some friends, hit up people and ride in groups of 2 or 3 and find your niche before you start combining your groups and rides. And ESPECIALLY because you ride 2 up, you should be a lil pickier about who you ride with.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

It's all about the cool factor. If the group ain't cool ---- it's a factor.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

We just had a good ride up to trail ridge. It was my first with a group, but not the first time up that canyon. Althought there was others that have never been in a group ride. There was one person that hadn't been up the canyon yet. Personaly I felt that every one was very respectable and understading at everyones different abilitys.

I have yet to incounter this action by people. Maybe its the air up north...

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Bullet View Post
    ... Maybe its the air up north...
    Or...lack thereof......weeeeee
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

I've seen that people are friendlier up north than they are in the metro area or SoCo.

Meh...that's just silly...we're all a buncho whack-jobs.;-p

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Well you are, thats for sure.

I'm easy. I'll ride with anyone.....

Unless your a Squid.

my thoughts are this... i have to ride at least an hour to get to anyone else in this club.. i have gone on one ride with the members of this club and i really enjoyed it. now it is hard to go on a ride with people you dont get along with, but when your meeting a group of people what is the likely hood that you will not get along with anyone? as for riding, i always thought of myself as a novice more or less. i am on my 6th bike.. i bought my first one and rode it home having never ridden a bike before in my life. when i went on the ride i expected everyone to leave me grinding to keep up when in fact i found myself out in front. my point is that even though i was out front i would slow down and wait up for the other riders , and as a matter of fact there were a few others who were really new one of them being clovis and everyone ( not just myself) would wait up and keep an eye out on the others behind so that we didnt leave them too far behind. and they went at a pace they were comfortable with. i guess my biggest point is you never know the group because they are always changing ....the people and their skills, and no one makes someone ride beyond their abilities but the person with their hand on the throttle. i always say to ride safely .... but i also refuse to ride like grandma....unless shes insane
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    and you did it!

the rest of us were just thinking it.

http://www.myspace.com/adrenalineaddiction24

01 zx9r
    99 r6 (race bike)

by the way mtnair i love tha avatar ... love the quote, i believe it to be absolute truth, why havent i heard of lawrence sterne?
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    and you did it!

the rest of us were just thinking it.

http://www.myspace.com/adrenalineaddiction24

01 zx9r
    99 r6 (race bike)

I understand about being picky and getting to know people. I do ride 2up alot. I also think that the best way to decide who I want to ride with will be based on how they ride,not how they say they ride. Keep the shiney side up.

Ive only rode with this club since about middle of june. I just started showing up ever sat. and sun. and joining in the ride. Unlike some peeps I dont care about the groups opionions, Ijust want to ride . Dont even remeber many names until I ride with you a few times. If you ride like crap Im just going to ride in front of you. If Im in a new group ,just get behind lead guy and run with it. Thats how I meet that mad man terra,Didnt Know any of them. Rode with him in a couple differant groups and it was great meet all kinds of riders (pilot,denverbusa diago martin etc.) Once you show them you can ride your in. Riding fast taking chances helps, Knowing what your doing ,better. Phrase of the day '' Look Mom NO Brains''

Quote Originally Posted by jimwallace View Post
    by the way mtnair i love tha avatar ... love the quote, i believe it to be absolute truth, why havent i heard of lawrence sterne?
    I don't know why you haven't heard of Laurence Sterne...heck, I hadn't heard of the guy until you asked...nah, kidding...sorta. Actually, I found that quote a while back when I was reading a travel website and just went, "Yeah!" when I read the quote...so I decided to use it, cuz it describes my outlook.

I had no clue who the guy was until I searched just now and this is what I found out...it seems he may have led a less than exciting life back in the 1700's, but he was a good writer and "established travel writing as the dominant genre of the second half of the 18th century. Unlike prior travel accounts which stressed classical learning and objective non-personal points of view, A Sentimental Journey Through France and Italy emphasized the subjective discussions of personal taste and sentiments, of manners and morals over classical learning. Throughout the 1770's women travel writers began publishing significant numbers of sentimental travel accounts. Sentiment also became a favorite style among those expressing non-mainstream views including political radicalism." ~ from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Senti...ance_and_Italy

Reading that made me think, "Wow, I do that." When I write about where I've gone with my bike and the people I've ridden with, that's how I write. Some of my friends can't stand having to read all my crap, cuz I do seem to go on and on, but I don't write for them, I write for me...and it's interesting to me. If someone else likes it, then bonus

I don't mind riding with new peeps either. I'll ride with all levels of riders as well, cuz it's fun and people in general are interesting to me.

Oh, glad you like the avatar, and thanks
    Last edited by mtnairlover; Fri Aug 31st, 2007 at 09:27 PM.