Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "The Track at Centennial"

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: "The Track at Centennial"

He can't even write back with a brief, "Thank you for your time, but it is something I do not wish to pursue."

What kind of amateur "business man" is this dude?
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Fri Dec 21st, 2007 at 12:26 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Dude, no one posted this up as a bitch. The thread was resurrected, and the current state of affairs was laid out. We gave up on this a while back, and at no point did anyone send him a negative communication. Everyone is aware he can do what he wills with his track and it is not a huge loss to us. We offered an additional source of business and through his lack of response we took it as a no. Case closed. And this would have ended at post 14 except for you jumping in defending his actions. I don't know the guy and expect anything special from him, it was a proposal for a mutually beneficial relationship. And we don't "need" him, we have gotten along all this time without, so it is not like we are losing a track.

The kind of amateur that invested over a million in the track.

Maybe he needs to spend less time at his job and more time on the internet.

Guys, we can go back and forth all day like this. I remember sending him an email once too. No answer. Oh well. Then, each time I go out there if he's not in the middle of something he's very easy to get along with.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Dude, no one posted this up as a bitch. The thread was resurrected, and the current state of affairs was laid out. We gave up on this a while back, and at no point did anyone send him a negative communication. Everyone is aware he can do what he wills with his track and it is not a huge loss to us. We offered an additional source of business and through his lack of response we took it as a no. Case closed. And this would have ended at post 14 except for you jumping in defending his actions. I don't know the guy and expect anything special from him, it was a proposal for a mutually beneficial relationship. And we don't "need" him, we have gotten along all this time without, so it is not like we are losing a track.
    "Dude". Haha.

Rider Workshop-USA

*Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

I only call my closest friends "Bitch".....sorry

"Doesn't float! Must be a witch! Burn the witch!"

Rider Workshop-USA

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    The kind of amateur that invested over a million in the track.

Maybe he needs to spend less time at his job and more time on the internet.

Guys, we can go back and forth all day like this. I remember sending him an email once too. No answer. Oh well. Then, each time I go out there if he's not in the middle of something he's very easy to get along with.
    Spending money (or having it to spend for that matter), is hardly indicative of having any great knowledge of people skills. So fine… we concede the fact that he’s made his own investments into the track, and he’s entitled to do whatever he pleases. Fair enough.

But to not have the general respect… No-no-no… the FUNDAMENTAL courtesy, to offer a quick response to those customers who have made his venture a success, hints of something either very negligent on his part, or very naïve; one of the two. Nobody here knows of course, since nobody other than him, can speak to his motives.

Regardless though, it doesn’t take an etiquette expert to see that his continued “non-replies”, are seriously damaging to his reputation as somebody who is supposed to be taken seriously.

So defend him all you’d like Pilot. And continue to cleverly remark about his investments, the way he conducts his business, and even the off-handed notions about spending more time on the internet. But understand that coming from somebody who once asked for themselves to be put on self-ban, because you caught some flack about how in-love you once were with your car, only adds to the comical nature of how your friend conducts himself.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Fri Dec 21st, 2007 at 12:01 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Regardless though, it doesn’t take a etiquette expert to see that his continued “non-replies”, are seriously damaging to his reputation as somebody who is supposed to be taken seriously.
    That should be, "an etiquette"...
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    This is true.

Fixed.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Someone is veeeery bored

Yeah, but at least we found something for Dean to do!

But seriously though Pilot. (What is your real name, by the way...?), I don't mean to be a dick about it, and be all toe-to-toe smartalec, but come on... Let's be realistic and practical for a moment.

As somebody who I give credit to, for being at least reasonably bright, don't you figure it might be somewhat prudent to stop defending him so fervently, and take a step back and say... "Hey... maybe they're right. Maybe he probably could/should have taken a minute or 10 out of his day, and responded back to these people who are trying to correspond with him, cordially enough."

I mean this is personality 101 Pilot. (What is your real name, by the way...?)
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Spending money (or having it to spend for that matter), is hardly indicative of having any great knowledge of people skills. So fine… we concede the fact that he’s made his own investments into the track, and he’s entitled to do whatever he pleases. Fair enough.

But to not have the general respect… No-no-no… the FUNDAMENTAL courtesy, to offer a quick response to those customers who have made his venture a success, hints of something either very negligent on his part, or very naïve; one of the two. Nobody here knows of course, since nobody other than him, can speak to his motives.

Regardless though, it doesn’t take an etiquette expert to see that his continued “non-replies”, are seriously damaging to his reputation as somebody who is supposed to be taken seriously.

So defend him all you’d like Pilot. And continue to cleverly remark about his investments, the way he conducts his business, and even the off-handed notions about spending more time on the internet. But understand that coming from somebody who once asked for themselves to be put on self-ban, because you caught some flack about how in-love you once were with your car, only adds to the comical nature of how your friend conducts himself.
    See how easy it is to "change the subject". The self-ban didn't have much to do with the car. But, if you want to drag up the past, I'm sure we can have some fun with that. I'd prefer not to go there. Besides, I move quickly from the net to face to face discussions about certain issues. I find it better to look someone in the eye.

Rider Workshop-USA

I'd prefer not to go there.
    Trust me, I know this.

See how easy it is to "change the subject". The self-ban didn't have much to do with the car. But, if you want to drag up the past, I'm sure we can have some fun with that. I'd prefer not to go there. Besides, I move quickly from the net to face to face discussions about certain issues. I find it better to look someone in the eye.
    And I didn't mean to change the subject so much as I meant to take your little "spend more time on the internet" quip, and flip it back on you. Granted, I don't know your friend from Adam, but from what people are saying of him and how he communicates (in a professional arena), I still think he sounds like somebody acting sophomoric at best. I don't take that back. [calling him an amateur].
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Fri Dec 21st, 2007 at 12:25 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Yes, it would be nice if he responded to the previous email. As I said, he didn't respond to mine either and I asked him about that. I think he mumbled something about problems with his email. Who knows about that. All I can say is that he is available for personal discussions at his place. Been there, done that.

Rider Workshop-USA

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Dave ... you are a beacon
    That's a new one!
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    That's a new one!
    You just have to keep stirring don'tcha?

It could happen