Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RMS Rnd 8 - Grand Junction

Re: RMS Rnd 8 - Grand Junction

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Depending on riders ability even some of the other factory SM's may be allowed. I mean they are not going to let Dalton Dimick ride an Aprilia SXV 5.5 in sportsman but the probably would let Filo

Hey now, careful there. I could be fast. I am not, but I could be.

I can't make the last GJ race (wife's 40th birthday...). When is the next MMP?
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

Quote Originally Posted by krod View Post
    Pretty simple, Axle sliders,foot peg sliders, safety wire any bolt that holds fluid IE (oil drain plug oil fill plug) and run some type of coolant catch can.
    Hand guards with sliders, front caliper bolts wired, any oil filter or filter cover, fuel vent and crank case vent catches or crank can vent to your airbox. DRZ just needs a fuel catch IIRC. Kick stand removed for race (might have to bypass safety switch). Change coolant to water and water wetter, wire radiator cap.
    I go way overboard and wire to meet MRA specs, just because if a bolt or nut in these areas were to vibrate loose it would make for a bad day, it is also a good check off method of making sure that commonly wrenched fasteners are tightened.
    It may sound intensive but it can be accomplished in an afternoon, hence the tech day idea.
    I have contacted Kevin @ Epic and he is all in favor of hosting this at the shop in Longmont, so if anyone is interested LMK and we will get something in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Filo View Post
    Hey now, careful there. I could be fast. I am not, but I could be.

I can't make the last GJ race (wife's 40th birthday...). When is the next MMP?
    Oct. 13 and 14

Big thanks to Bueller for all your help prepping my bike.

To those of you that aren't sure you're fast enough, know enough, or have enough money - well I am one of those guys too and the Rocky Mountain Supermoto riders and admin people made me feel very welcome although I had a couple of embarrassing mishaps.

If you have a DRZ, SMC, or a motocrosser with an extra $600 for wheels, come on out next season. RMS will make you feel welcome. THEY NEED RIDERS, and will help you in anyway they can to get you to and on the track. Thanks guys.

Badhabit

Current bikes: 2005 KTM 625 SMC, 1998 Honda Superhawk

Past bikes: 2004 Yamaha R1, 2001 Buell M2 Cyclone,
    1999 Yamaha R6, 1996 Kawasaki EX500

I would be interested in the tech day thing.... I have no idea how exactly to drill the oil plug, caliper bolts, etc for wire... You're saying run all your vent tubes into the air box? Sounds like I'm good on the sliders, already bypassed the kick stand switch (along with clutch) and I have a front and rear sportbike stand. Where would be a good place to get and mount a catch can?

To all you guys looking to get into supermoto!

I have been working on a race prep./conversion seminar. I have just started working on this idea that came as a nice suggestion from Bueller. We at Epic Motosports are behind you guys 100% and we want to help make the Colorado SuperMoto series more fun with better rider turnout. We have been working very hard to put together conversion kits, we will offer: a Sportsman kit, a race kit, and a pro kit. The details will be on our new e-commerce site (comming very soon). Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding your SuperMoto bike or if you are interested in doing a conversion and getting sideways.

Kevin Bland
    Owner
    Epic Motosports
    303-485-1858

Now all we need to do is get someone in charge who cares about racing instead of there check book.
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet
    http://roadrunnertg.com/