Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RMS Rnd 8 - Grand Junction

RMS Rnd 8 - Grand Junction

We race Sunday Sept. 2
    Guess we won't have too many umbrella girls for this one

Any of you Sumo street/trackday turds ever gonna come out and race? If you come race sportsman you could win the championship in one race.

krod I got the room booked, so you better come up with a bike. I hear tell #22 will be there
    Last edited by Bueller; Tue Aug 28th, 2007 at 03:45 PM. Reason: getting ahead of myself

Re: RMS Rnd 8 - Grand Junction

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    We race Sunday Oct. 2
    Guess we won't have too many umbrella girls for this one

Any of you Sumo street/trackday turds ever gonna come out and race? If you come race sportsman you could win the championship in one race.

krod I got the room booked, so you better come up with a bike. I hear tell #22 will be there
    That would be Sunday, September 2 - not October 2. I can make it in October. You kids have fun out there and win the novice class for me. Oh, and you can easily clear that double.
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

Sorry Bueller, we'd come if it wasn't in Junction
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again

That would be a blast to go... I'd ride the DRZ there, race, then ride it back home. Too bad I have no idea what these distanzias are going to be like at the track (I have a pretty good idea) and I don't want to eat it in front of everyone. That and I kinda have this whole school thing...

Bike not prepped and frankly I've never taken a serious jump in my life. I assume Sportsman will still run the dirt section?

Badhabit

Current bikes: 2005 KTM 625 SMC, 1998 Honda Superhawk

Past bikes: 2004 Yamaha R1, 2001 Buell M2 Cyclone,
    1999 Yamaha R6, 1996 Kawasaki EX500

But I do have shiny new gear, head to toe! You'll be able to see my noob shine a mile away!

Badhabit

Quote Originally Posted by Filo View Post
    That would be Sunday, September 2 - not October 2. I can make it in October. You kids have fun out there and win the novice class for me. Oh, and you can easily clear that double.
    Thanks for setting me straight on the date, With the cancellation of race 9 I now need 8 more points lock up the championship. So a 15thplace or better finish in the next 2 races and I got it. Now I gotta see if I can hold a top 3 in Colorado Class.
    Quote Originally Posted by AshliRider44 View Post
    Sorry Bueller, we'd come if it wasn't in Junction
    Awe it's not that long of a drive

Quote Originally Posted by Badhabit View Post
    Bike not prepped and frankly I've never taken a serious jump in my life. I assume Sportsman will still run the dirt section?
    Sportsman does run the dirt, but there are guys riding LC4 Dukes in novice and Colorado class is asphalt only.

Quote Originally Posted by Badhabit View Post
    But I do have shiny new gear, head to toe! You'll be able to see my noob shine a mile away!
    The gear needs some personalty rubbed into it, a couple trips through the dirt section oughta do it.
    Last edited by Bueller; Tue Aug 28th, 2007 at 04:02 PM.

[quote=Bueller;211560]Thanks for setting me straight on the date, With the cancellation of race 9 I now need 8 more points lock up the championship. So a 15thplace or better finish in the next 2 races and I got it. Now I gotta see if I can hold a top 3 in Colorado Class.

Sure rub it in nicky Hayden... BTW ya gonna get smoked by a crf250
    Last edited by krod; Tue Aug 28th, 2007 at 11:37 PM.
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet
    http://roadrunnertg.com/

Quote Originally Posted by krod View Post
    Sure rub it in nicky Hayden... BTW ya gonna get smoked by a crf250
    That's ok, wouldn't be the first time, I just gotta make one lap

Quote Originally Posted by krod View Post
    BTW ya gonna get smoked by a crf250
    Let me know if you need to borrow the bike Jim. I leave for Atlanta on Friday, so sooner would be better than later.
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

Jimmy we need to get the plans worked out here in the very near future. Wazzup?

Sorry Dave with the KTM down and Bow season starting up I decided to huntin.
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet

bummer

you can ride the YZ in novice and I'll ride my KTM, just need your peg sliders.

Westbound and Down!

Badhabit

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    you can ride the YZ in novice and I'll ride my KTM, just need your peg sliders.

Ok ya just changed my mind let me know....want the KTM though
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet

Going to try to be outta here by 11:00 am.
    krod LMK what you want to do, The KTM just needs light tapped and tires, If you want to come by early we can change 'em here.

Horrible turn out

Thanks for coming out to race with us Badhabit (Jim), sorry it was so sparse, we really need to get more people out to race, it's not that hard to prep a bike and there is a class for everyone to have fun in. The season is basically over for this year, there is one more Junction race but most of the championships have been decided, and with the poor attendance it could be canceled.

There are some big plans in the works for '08, with more exposure and way more contingency, possibly some more local venues. There is also an idea for a split season that would award a spring and fall championship and then an overall.

Badhabit had what sounds like a good idea, and I think the guys at Epic Motorsports would probably be game to be involved, a Supermoto tech day or two that could be used to help those that are unsure of the process involved in race prepping your tard.
    We would also be willing to hold some riders clinics for the novice riders looking to get into the sport. And remember DRZ-SM owners, your bikes are Sportsman class legal.
    This is a great chance to race motorcycles without the extreme expense required to road race. We have an asphalt only class if you are not comfortable on the dirt, but the dirt sections rock! and make this sport something special you can't get with any other kind of racing.

So anyone interested let's hear from you, I know Krod has offered up his DRZ for demo rides, and in some cases I would be willing to let people give my bikes a whirl.

I just really need some more time on the track and better tires before I start racing... that and more money, time, and maybe a way to get the bike there... Sounds like I need to graduate. Are there any local races we could get into? Maybe at IMI or somewhere closer?

The last race at IMI was canceled due to their re-paving issue coming up. This season is basically over for this year. We have all off season to get everyone prepared for next year.
    There is not the pressure involved with starting racing as there would be in the MRA for instance, very laid back and helpful core of racers, you don't need to be sub-minute at IMI to come race, all are welcome after a short safety course and checkout ride (just to make sure the nOObs aren't dangerous).
    Sportsman could easily be run on street tires on the DRZ, as that is basically the spec for anyone riding a stock wheeled YZ, CR, KX and so on. That is why the DRZ is almost a cheater bike, you get to run 17's and the oversize front brake because that is stock on that bike. Depending on riders ability even some of the other factory SM's may be allowed. I mean they are not going to let Dalton Dimick ride an Aprilia SXV 5.5 in sportsman but the probably would let Filo

How many were out there? How did ya do? Looks like the double header at MMP is going to my my last race fer the year.
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet

Wrapped up overall Novice with a 2nd place finish, looks like you will finish 2nd since Raygor was the only other novice and he can't catch you. Fell down landing the double, yes I finally hit the double regularly (opposite direction), bounced off a rock on the take off and got sideways in the air, almost saved the landing, but not quite, didn't kill the motor at least.
    3rd in Colorado Class, gave up 2nd on the last lap to Matt by sliding through a corner that was giving me shit all day. Curran didn't show so I have 2nd overall clinched. I already told Archie and Matt I have nothing to race for so I won't be at the last GJ, and that we were planning on MMP.
    I think they should cancel the last GJ and incorporate the MMP double header instead.

You guys should post up a sticky about race prepping your bike...

Pretty simple, Axle sliders,foot peg sliders, safty wire any bolt that holds fluid IE (oil drain plug oil fill plug) and run some type of coolant catch can.
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet