Thread: Inbound to Englewood 9/9 to 9/14

Talking Inbound to Englewood 9/9 to 9/14

Hey all coming to the area this up-coming week for work related training. Should arrive in Englewood this Sunday late afternoon. Would like to meet some local sport bike riders. How bout some bike night info? Any late night rides in and around the city? Want to make the best of this trip. Any "tourist" things to do after school would be cool as well. Sat. the 15th, heading down to Colorado Springs to meet up with some other riders. Feel free to call. (816) then 813-8248.

Eric

Re: Inbound to Englewood 9/9 to 9/14

I am assuming then that you are riding in to town. Unfortunately it is supposed to get cold and wet on Sunday afternoon but if you can narrow down your ETA i would be happy to take you on a tour of the local rides as the weather will allow.

Quote Originally Posted by denverbusa View Post
    I am assuming then that you are riding in to town.

Not exactly.... more like loading the bike in the truck and driving over. The Aprilia sux on long trips. don't think i would be physically able to make a 500+ one way trip there and be functioning for school the next week. I just checked the ten day outlook at the weather channel. Ouch it is going to be cold on Sun. and Mon. but looks like really nice weather the rest of the week. Not sure what time i will be leaving here. Co-workers say it's about a 8 hour drive from Topeka.

What industry are you in and going to training for? I work for Apex Tech. Solutions here in Denver and we have offices in Topeka and Wichita.

I know there is a group that meets at Buffalow Wild Wings (I believe the one on Wadsworth) on tuesday, and there is a group that meets at Fay Myers (E of I-25 on Arapahoe) on Thursday.
    Danny

I work for a Honda stealership (cars not bikes). Training center right next to the airport there in englewood.

What kind of work are you in at Apex Tech. Solutions

leaving here in about 15min. should arrive there between 6-7pm.

Quote Originally Posted by RSVRXRNR View Post
    I work for a Honda stealership (cars not bikes). Training center right next to the airport there in englewood.

What kind of work are you in at Apex Tech. Solutions
    Card access, CCTV, Security service and instalation. Just moved to this industry after 20 years in fire alarm systems.

I dont know about the Fay Meyers group but if the weather gets warmer on Tuesday we could get a few canyons in before heading over to Buffalo Wild Wings. There is often a pretty good group that meets there for beers and wings. If the weather still sucks any (or every) other night will work too.

I am on the west side so depending on what time you get out of training we could meet up and take a tour of the local hills.

get out of class around 4:30. going to go out here in a min. going out 285W to parmalee gultch rd (N) then come back on 74E. weather actually turned out kinda nice for tonight and the rest of the week.