Thread: Busa in the Ditch

Busa in the Ditch

I was too late to see that Chris was leaving the MoCo at 9am so I headed solo up Deer Creek this morning. At around 10am, just before I reached Philipsburg area (old bldg and turn off up High Grade road), I saw a guy trying to get a red Busa out of the ditch. This was the last left-hander before Philipsburg area. The onlookers consisted of 3 bicyclist and 1 sheriff... I pulled off to see if I could help but person on the Busa said he had it. After a number of tries he was able to ride it up out of the ditch and around the corner to a popular pull off where there sat a lemonade stand

As I came around the corner, slowly, the gentleman on the Busa was parking it behind the ambulance. The downed rider was sitting in a chair with several medics, I presumed, checking him out. I did not stop again as it seemed they had everything under control. I hoofed it up High Grade for a loop that brought me back down Deer Creek and this time I did stop at the lemonade stand. The girl there told me the rider had been taken away in the ambulance and that she had heard he only had a dislocated shoulder. While she was telling me this I watched another sheriff push the Busa into the old dilapidated building there. I can only guess that was done for safe keeping until someone could come pick it up.

So, to make a short story long... does anyone know who this might have been and, more importantly, was/is he OK?? Hate to see that sort of thing happen but I know it does and I hope the rider really did escape with only a hurt shoulder. There was a slew of local sheriff's stationed up and down these roads following this mishap... so if you head up that way keep your eyes peeled

--- Jack

Re: Busa in the Ditch

wasnt me..... hope he is ok

06 DR650SE

Re: Busa in the Ditch

I was up deer creek canyon today, must have missed it. Did see the stand, hope he was ok!