Thread: Faye Meyers... sad, really...

Thumbs down Faye Meyers... sad, really...

Recently I noticed a downward trend in the experience I’ve had at Faye Meyers. I’ve been taking my 98’ GSXR there for about a year, and have had good work done by the service shop there. Recently I took the bike in for a carb, cleaning/rebuild and noticed that there were scratches on my tank. After notifying the service manager about this the bike was taken to the back, I was told that the scratches were just “some adhesive” and little rubbing compound later the magically disappeared only to return 5 days later after a washing. Thinking that this was an isolated incident, and that I really had no recourse after a week, I lifted my newfound boycott of Faye, when I needed an electrical problem fixed. I then found scratched on my rear fairing. I’ve had a good experience with their parts department. Brad there in particular does a great job. I really haven’t presses the issue based on A, the scratches being somewhat minor, and B, the attitude and remedy of the service manager during my first experience indicates that unless I’m willing to litigate, I won’t get very far. So here it is, I won’t go back for service, and I advise that if you should go there that you document every blemish on your bike BEFORE sending it to the service department.

Re: Faye Meyers... sad, really...

I'm fairly new to the area and took one of my Ducs in there not long ago. Without going into the details I will NOT be taking any of my machines there ever again. I had also ordered a few parts at the time as well and will not be a returning customer in that department either. I'm a pretty laid back and easy going kind of guy (or so I'd like to think) but I have my limits.

Never confuse the term "professional" with the term "expert". Just because they get paid to tinker on your machine doesn't mean they have a clue as to what they are doing. And it certainly doesn't mean that they care.
    --- Jack

Don't ever confuse having a career with having a life.

http://www.supertunemotorsports.com/

Take it to Mike... He's the man!

That's all I have to say about this...
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Never used the service department there (or anywhere for that mater), but I have had good experiences with the parts and sales departments. Just last week I took a Chatterbox in to them that was given to me as a gift (not purchased from them). I had already opened it and started installing it on my helmet when I realized it was for a different style helmet. I explained all this to them and they returned mine and ordered me the correct one. They didn't even charge me a restock fee or anything. I was pleasantly surprised and for that I give them a big
    Danny

Re: Fay Myers... sad, really...

I've taken my bike to Fay Myers many times. Not once did I get it back without a problem. They've had to discount my service every time because they've damaged my bike in one way or another every time. In the last incident, before I wised up, the service person cut all my electrical wires for my custom lights, etc. when he needed to replace my fork seals (what I brought the bike in for). I have quick disconnects on all these wires. He cut every single one of my wires right next to the disconnect. Also, the service tech scratched the powder coat off my brand new custom triple tree and knocked a chunk of metal off the edge of it. He also ruined the powder coat on both my fork caps by pounding on them with a hammer. Fay Myers ended up having to buy me a new custom triple tree and, of course, discount the service. I later discovered the service guy under filled my fork tubes too (supposed to be 108mm from the top, it was 270mm from the top).

I'll never go there for "service" again. I finally learned my lesson.

~Dank:Þ
    Last edited by Dank; Fri Sep 14th, 2007 at 04:21 PM.

Sounds like all they have going for them is a big show room. Never been there for service and don't think I'll start now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good news travels fast, bad news travels faster!

Have never had a problem there. Many bikes, many years. There's a thread at another forum with a rider having their KTM break down near Colfax and Sheridan. FM sent a truck to pick it up shortly after the call for help.

I`m fixing all my bike myself.
    Register Here for EXTREME Hayabusa experience and awards.

Quote Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
    Have never had a problem there. Many bikes, many years. There's a thread at another forum with a rider having their KTM break down near Colfax and Sheridan. FM sent a truck to pick it up shortly after the call for help.
    Yes they offer that service.............For $40 IIRC, to take it to their shop to be "repaired". Glad you have had good experiances, but you are in the minority.
    +1 for good parts and after a little bit of a stumbble I would give my last buying experiance a 6.

I have been to Fay a few times looking at a few of their used bikes. One of the salesman their knew what I was looking for at the time and would always try and push different bikes or colors that were not what I was looking for. Needless to say, I stopped going there and have been looking on CL instead.

Thanks for the headsup folks.....I will continue to due my business With Vickery Motorsports off Parker Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenStrip View Post

I work on cars and everytime I meet someone new they want to tell me the time they got ripped off by a mechanic, "I got just went in to get my oil changed and they tried to sell me belts!" I ask "do you need belts?" They always say "I dont know." The reason this happened is because A: the techincan didnt explain properly or didnt show the customer the cracked belts on the car or B: the customer went into the situation thinking that they were going to try to do something to rip them off. If you have a tech that you trust and been dealing with for years, it makes the service experience easier for everyone involved.

I own 3 power equipment repair shops, and its amazing how many people are on the defensive before they even check their mower in. We save all parts that we replace because invariably someone will not believe you did what you said. What I find amazing is how many people will come in and insist that the machine we are giving them back is not theirs. We wash and armorall the repairs when finished, so they look different then when they came in. We have had a number of people even claim that their mower was a different color. I guess its different with bikes people pay more attention to their toys then they do to their mowers.
    Danny

That's funny your customer can't recognize their mower after it's been cleaned. "How dare you try to give this shiny, clean mower!" I guess that's what they mean by "No good deed goes unpunished"
    How do you know where the line is if you don't cross it now and then?

Deal's Gap Pics
    http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/viewalbum.aspx?a=387831

I think they are overpriced...

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

I bought my ZX9 there and I was looking for a sport bike with mid teen on the odometer and it had to be a liter bike. Other than that I was open to ideas. Joe Jarvic called and said I was approved and there was a silver 05 ZX9 for $5000. Since he already sold a Suzuki 1000 that I was eying I told him to put a hold on this one. I got there and he said that I would need more down that what I was looking to put down. But the ZX9 that I bought was $4500 with no down payment. I didn't like this bait and switch shit one bit. And when I would talk to him he would cross the room away from me I would have to talk louder. I have a 3 feet rule no closer no further but he made me think I smelled or something. The bike I did buy was broken (turn signals weren't working) and he wanted to charge an arm and leg to fix something that should have been done already. I got the bike for 3800 with 2 helmets and a jacket. But I still think I got taken advantage of. I don't know if I won't go back there but I will have my guard up.