Thread: R6 front brake, or lack of?

R6 front brake, or lack of?

My friend rebuilt a 99 R6 that was stolen and when returned it had a broken frame...long story, will tell later, but when he disassembled the bike, the front brake worked fine. Now that it is reassembled there is no brake. The lever goes all the way in and the brake dont work. We have blead the brake many times, followed the Haynes manual on how to change the fluid and everything. when the top banjo bolt is unscrewed and you put you thumb over the hole and squeeze the brake there is resistance? Logically the mc is fine then? WTF? I really want him to get this bike on the road, its gonna be a cool one, as opposed to another Yami blue clone--custom paint, ack exhust, attack rearset-- too nice for a 99) more so so I can kick his ass on my stock zx6. Help me out...I mean him out!

Pads are good (and in the calipers)? No leaks anywhere? Are you SURE there is no air in the lines? Air can get in just by bleeding them, around the threads of the bleed screws. I wrap teflon tape around mine to prevent that pesky problem.

suppose he is a idiot and can put an entire bike back together but cant bleed the lines correctly. whats the best way to bleed the line, gravity?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan
    suppose he is a idiot and can put an entire bike back together but cant bleed the lines correctly. whats the best way to bleed the line, gravity?
    Use a speedbleeder. About $20 at Checker. Do not let the MC get below the 'low' line.

this clown jumped on the work computer and posted this nonsense for himself, with his busted ass r6. Either way, were gonna bleed it tonight, and hopefully well be doin stoppies tomorra!