Thread: Hwy 126 Car v. Bike Medivac Called

Hwy 126 Car v. Bike Medivac Called

Chopper called but then canceled due to wind; now transporting by ground.

Don't know the group but all sport bikes heading up to Pine Junction from Deckers. Time was about 10:20am

What's this make; like 32 on this road this summer?

Hopefully for us that live on 126 and also ride, this will be the final running of the Hwy 126 World Championships until spring.

FWIW, the Jeffco deputy at the scene just told me that the road has been placed on a high frequency patrol zero tolerance status for the rest of the year. 1 mile over the limit will result in a citation and let the recipient duke it out with the judge afterward.
    Pure Fucking Magic

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

Re: Hwy 126 Car v. Bike Medivac Called

Any other details besides that? what kind of bike, male or female rider?
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Red Honda VFR800 heading northbound decided to pass a car before a lefthand corner. Looks like after the rider made the pass he went down in the corner. I was sitting at the Deckers coffee shop when the group he was riding with came down 67 from Sedalia and headed north on 126.

Tabasco, your first post on this forum sounds a little bitter. Just keep in mind that not everyone that rides HWY 126 is an idiot.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Chopper called but then canceled due to wind; now transporting by ground.

Don't know the group but all sport bikes heading up to Pine Junction from Deckers. Time was about 10:20am

What's this make; like 32 on this road this summer?

Hopefully for us that live on 126 and also ride, this will be the final running of the Hwy 126 World Championships until spring.

FWIW, the Jeffco deputy at the scene just told me that the road has been placed on a high frequency patrol zero tolerance status for the rest of the year. 1 mile over the limit will result in a citation and let the recipient duke it out with the judge afterward.
    1st I hope the rider is going to be OK

2nd You're a bit bitter.

I could not stop due to traffic and bikes on the road but it looked like a red VFR with carbon tank protector. Did not see the rider.

The medivac info is coming from the pinecam.com scanner and is limited to what I posted.

No details of the what happened just car v. bike. When I came by, there was one group stopped with the wreck and I continued to ride down and warned a second group of bikes hauling ass up the hill about 4 minutes behind.

Probably 10 to 12 sport bikes in the group.

I got the enforcement info from another deputy that was working traffic at my turn and he was less than enthused to be there so I just left well enough alone.
    Pure Fucking Magic

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    Red Honda VFR800 heading northbound decided to pass a car before a lefthand corner. Looks like after the rider made the pass he went down in the corner. I was sitting at the Deckers coffee shop when the group he was riding with came down 67 from Sedalia and headed north on 126.

Tabasco, your first post on this forum sounds a little bitter. Just keep in mind that not everyone that rides HWY 126 is an idiot.
    I ride a barn full of bikes, including sport bikes, and am no angel (according to my neighbors) but my family drives the same road out of necessity and I have personally come upon 15 sport bike crashes in the last two years within 1 mile of my house including the recent gixxer crash covered on this site.

It gets a little old.

That said, you're right, I usually just lurk here and post on advrider. I should have not assumed it was the CSC....again.

I apologize for being bitter.
    Pure Fucking Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I ride a barn full of bikes, including sport bikes, and am no angel (according to my neighbors) but my family drives the same road out of necessity and I have personally come upon 15 sport bike crashes in the last two years within 1 mile of my house including the recent gixxer crash covered on this site.

It gets a little old.

That said, you're right, I usually just lurk here and post on advrider. I should have not assumed it was the CSC....again.

I apologize for being bitter.
    No apologies necessary. This makes the 9th year that I have been regularly riding that road and I have seen it all too. I understand why you are frustrated. There are alot of irresponsible riders both on and not on this forum that ride there. I dont mean to pass judgement on this downed rider, but he made a very stupid decision (i heard the driver of the jeep give his account). But there are also plenty of responsible riders too.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Myself and another rider were the only witnesses to that accident.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=17067
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

We were heading in the opposite direction that he was, but it looked like he came into his left hander WAY too hot and too close to the outer white line, hit gravel, and lowsided into the canyon wall.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.