Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grand Prix Motorsports -SUCK\

Re: Grand Prix Motorsports -SUCK\

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    Yes, and nothing has changed. I am sure Bill is a great guy! His staff is what I have issue with.
    I wish you the best in finding resolution to this matter.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

I stopped in there for a turn signal bulb for my ZZR. They didn't have it in stock. Lame.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    I wish you the best in finding resolution to this matter.

I wish everyone the best, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    I stopped in there for a turn signal bulb for my ZZR. They didn't have it in stock. Lame.
    It took me three automotive stores to find that Euro bulb.

Quote Originally Posted by CoPilot View Post
    I wish everyone the best, too!
    The power of positive thinking! Too bad more folks don't have your wonderful outlook on life. Keep thinking good thoughts.

Rider Workshop-USA

*Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

The Hot Dogs are cheap outside Grand Prix, I go there to browse new bikes and eat a dog. not much more
    95 ZX9, 02 GSXR1000

Quote Originally Posted by ihavealegohead View Post
    My back tire is almost done -- I'll have to go back and finish in style. Wonder if I can spell "you suck" before it pops!?
    Dunlops suck, they burn up quick. And while GPM has "half-off" you still pay about the same amount, I just picked up a rear Qualifier for $215. I only did this to match the front (I hit a nail in the road and the tires were new, argh!). If I had to get two new tries I'd do the Pilot Power CT2s, or Metzler M3s (tread much deeper then Qualifiers).
    1994 F2 (sold destroyed by friend)
    2001 Yellow GSX-R 600 (SOLD)
    2004 Silver R1
    Meeting Places: http://www.badgerpile.com/motorcycle_maps.html

Anyone have any trouble with GPM?

I made an appointment to get a 4k service and a stock part of the bike replaced for last Friday. As I was away last week in NY, I dropped it off Monday and said to get it done by Friday. Call me if any problems..

So they call me Friday to tell me they don't have the part. WTF? You had the bike for a week, you knew you had to do a 4k service and spend 15min replacing a bar, and you didn't order the part till Friday !!?!?
    It usually takes like 10 freaking days to get parts, seen it at Fay Meyers as well. So I don't know if it's the shops fault or if parts distributors really take that LONG? Plus like you said it doesn't help that they take a few days to "diagnose" and finally order it. As far as Grand Prix in general I don't really trust them for any serious work beyond tires. While in line getting tires an ATV customer came up complaining about t-case oil leaking all over his truck and flag stone. I've personally seen some shotty work done to my bike but I don't know if it was them or Fay because I didn't check the bike in between.

I guess what it comes down to is Quality Control and the big shops don't have it.
    1994 F2 (sold destroyed by friend)
    2001 Yellow GSX-R 600 (SOLD)
    2004 Silver R1
    Meeting Places: http://www.badgerpile.com/motorcycle_maps.html

I had really good customer service when I bought my bike, but I was also buying a bike lol.

Also what is TFOG? New to motorcycle shops in this area.

DAMN! you beat me by 3 seconds!

I'm just on my game today... I'm thinking of starting a gunfight w/ someone at high noon tomorrow..

I'm sorry to hear that there are a few of you that have had bad experiences with Grand Prix. I've only worked there for a few months but I really enjoy my job with them and there are some really good people that work there. I don't want to argue about past experiences I just wanted to let you know that if you need something from there you can always let me know. I've met some really cool people through CSC and I'd do what I can for any of ya if you were in the shop. And if I don't know exactly what you're looking for (because I'm still learning) I'll make sure to find out from someone who knows!

Thank you, Tim. I appreciate the effort you and the rest of the staff at Grand Prix put in.

Rider Workshop-USA

Quote Originally Posted by Κανελλόπουλος View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that there are a few of you that have had bad experiences with Grand Prix. I've only worked there for a few months but I really enjoy my job with them and there are some really good people that work there. I don't want to argue about past experiences I just wanted to let you know that if you need something from there you can always let me know. I've met some really cool people through CSC and I'd do what I can for any of ya if you were in the shop. And if I don't know exactly what you're looking for (because I'm still learning) I'll make sure to find out from someone who knows!
    Thanks Tim!

Bike was back last week, 4k service looks fine, no new scratches, etc. Due to the lateness however I'm giving them a 6 out of 10.

As a sponsored road racer from Grand Prix I have my 2 cents...yes everybody is not perfect and no Bill can't please everyone. If you do have a problem, don't just bad mouth them over a forum, go in a talk to Bill, Tracy, or Chris. I have had multiple problems at Grand Prix, even as a sponsored rider, but when you talk to them and let them know, they will figure it out and fix it even if it takes forever. You will see this in any business, and it is nothing new. If you don't like it that's fine, but don't sit here bad mouthing them if you haven't even talked to them. If you have, and they still haven't helped you, which is not likely to happen, then I guess you have somewhat of a legitimate reason. I guess all I am saying is Grand Prix has had their problems, same with all other organizations in this country, just be a man and talk to them, don't BS over a forum. If you talk to them, it is more than likely they will fix your problem. I know I'm repeating my self but there's my 2 cents....They have been nothing but good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by D Berns R6 View Post
    As a sponsored road racer from Grand Prix I have my 2 cents...yes everybody is not perfect and no Bill can't please everyone. If you do have a problem, don't just bad mouth them over a forum, go in a talk to Bill, Tracy, or Chris. I have had multiple problems at Grand Prix, even as a sponsored rider, but when you talk to them and let them know, they will figure it out and fix it even if it takes forever. You will see this in any business, and it is nothing new. If you don't like it that's fine, but don't sit here bad mouthing them if you haven't even talked to them. If you have, and they still haven't helped you, which is not likely to happen, then I guess you have somewhat of a legitimate reason. I guess all I am saying is Grand Prix has had their problems, same with all other organizations in this country, just be a man and talk to them, don't BS over a forum. If you talk to them, it is more than likely they will fix your problem. I know I'm repeating my self but there's my 2 cents....They have been nothing but good to me.
    I agree 100%! However by the time I found out it was already to late to get the part. I.e. they called me on Friday when the bike was supposed to be done to tell me it would take another 10 days. My response was WTF!! It shouldn't of been my responsibility to call them on Tuesday before to make sure they had the part, oil and staff to do the bike on the Friday.

My original post was to get feedback good or bad. Seems there are some good and some bad experiences out there. Have they lost me as a customer ? Probably not. Am I going to check out new places to get my work done? For sure.

I agree 100%! However by the time I found out it was already to late to get the part. I.e. they called me on Friday when the bike was supposed to be done to tell me it would take another 10 days. My response was WTF!! It shouldn't of been my responsibility to call them on Tuesday before to make sure they had the part, oil and staff to do the bike on the Friday.
    I don't know what your situation is/was. I have a similar business though. In my business we give an approximate time when we will be able to work on the machine ie. 7-10 days (depending on current work load). At that point we work on the machine. If all parts that are needed are in stock then the machine is finished right then and the customer is called. If parts are needed that are not in stock we order them and they can take anywhere from 1-14+ days depending on the vendor. We rarely order parts prior to the mechanic working on it, because in many cases more stuff is needed then what we see at the front counter. The other issue many of the bike shops (particularly the big ones) face is its a seasonal business. Its hard to keep good help employed through the winter and it is hard to hire temporary help during the summer that is worth anything. For a smaller shop like TFOG it is easier for them to check out a bike when it comes in and get all of the correct parts on order then. It is more then likely the same person checking you in will be the person working on it. For a large shop like GPMS its not as easy. The person who checks you in isn't working on the bike and probably cant look up the parts. The mechanics are kept busy turning wrenches all the time.

This probably doesn't help you any, but I just wanted to put it out there. Some people already understand how it works, but I know some people don't have a clue. In an ideal world (for the consumer) the shops would have everything in stock and never have to order anything. Unfortunately thats not really feasible.
    Danny

Talking Re: Grand Prix Motorsports -SUCK\

Quote Originally Posted by dchd1130 View Post
    I don't know what your situation is/was. I have a similar business though. In my business we give an approximate time when we will be able to work on the machine ie. 7-10 days (depending on current work load). At that point we work on the machine. If all parts that are needed are in stock then the machine is finished right then and the customer is called. If parts are needed that are not in stock we order them and they can take anywhere from 1-14+ days depending on the vendor. We rarely order parts prior to the mechanic working on it, because in many cases more stuff is needed then what we see at the front counter. The other issue many of the bike shops (particularly the big ones) face is its a seasonal business. Its hard to keep good help employed through the winter and it is hard to hire temporary help during the summer that is worth anything. For a smaller shop like TFOG it is easier for them to check out a bike when it comes in and get all of the correct parts on order then. It is more then likely the same person checking you in will be the person working on it. For a large shop like GPMS its not as easy. The person who checks you in isn't working on the bike and probably cant look up the parts. The mechanics are kept busy turning wrenches all the time.

This probably doesn't help you any, but I just wanted to put it out there. Some people already understand how it works, but I know some people don't have a clue. In an ideal world (for the consumer) the shops would have everything in stock and never have to order anything. Unfortunately thats not really feasible.
    That might be true. I had a lowering kit removed. If they don't what what part they need someone needs to find a job. Being stupid is not an excuse.