Thread: High Plains Raceway - VISIT THE SITE

High Plains Raceway - VISIT THE SITE

TOMORROW - SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20th!

Bob Alder, a spokesperson for the High Plains Raceway venture, is offering to give people a "tour" of the site and track layout TOMORROW!!! Currently, no tour is planned, since no people are confirmed. However, if we contact him today and inform him that ANYONE (he will drive out there for ONE PERSON) will drive out there - he will gladly meet up with you to go over the property.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll pass on his contact information. There is a small cafe just north of the Byers exit that he uses as a meeting area. He will meet people there at 10am once the tour is confirmed. This would require heading west on 70 out of Denver by 9am.

--------------------------

On a side note, after the meet and greet in which I introduced myself as a member of the Colorado Sportbike Club, Bob's eyes widened as he enthusiastically thanked "all you motorcycle guys" for the support of the track. He said, "as I look down the list of donations - I just see one motorcycle donation after another - you guys are really helping us out here and we can't thank you enough!"
    Last edited by JustSomeDude; Fri Oct 19th, 2007 at 08:58 AM.

Re: High Plains Raceway - VISIT THE SITE

Wish I could Go..gotta work. That was really good news to report, though..thanks , Dude. I would love to walk the site..it would get some excitement flowing( maybe some $$$ flowing too.)
    Dave

Member Yearly Supporter TommyTheKid's Avatar

You know, if you head EAST out of Denver on I70, you will get to Byers a lot quicker, heading west usually entails a lot of snowboarding or canyon carving

EDIT: oh yea, I would love to, but I am already helping preg-check a bunch of red heffiers

Tommy
    ~~TommyTheKid~~
    BLUE 2005 Suzuki DL-650 V-Strom
    - my first bike - 2006-08-21
    YELLOW 2006 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II - for snowboarding season - 2006-03-18
    ... so, yea, I have some debt

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTheKid View Post
    You know, if you head EAST out of Denver on I70, you will get to Byers a lot quicker, heading west usually entails a lot of snowboarding or canyon carving

EDIT: oh yea, I would love to, but I am already helping preg-check a bunch of red heffiers

Tommy
    At least we know your arm will be in a warm and wet spot. Which is worse, the plop or the splat?

Back to the site tour. The pics don't do it justice. It is a definite must see tour.

They had a 3D model at the meeting last night and it was quite impressive.

Any up coming info meetings and site tours are a must.

CAMA is in the process of answering comments the county asked and they should be sent back within 2 weeks. If satisfactory then the county will put it on their agenda.

Member Yearly Supporter TommyTheKid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neh View Post
    At least we know your arm will be in a warm and wet spot. Which is worse, the plop or the splat?

Back to the site tour. The pics don't do it justice. It is a definite must see tour.

They had a 3D model at the meeting last night and it was quite impressive.

Any up coming info meetings and site tours are a must.

CAMA is in the process of answering comments the county asked and they should be sent back within 2 weeks. If satisfactory then the county will put it on their agenda.

LOL! Yea, no since these were sold to someone who apparently has certain standards, the local VET will be doing the actual "insertion" . I will either be a "pipe boy" or will be the one cutting them a few at a time out of the bunch and running them up the alley. maybe it will rain a little there (Nah, probably not, its Cheyenne county), and the dust wont be too bad

Tommy
    ~~TommyTheKid~~
    BLUE 2005 Suzuki DL-650 V-Strom
    - my first bike - 2006-08-21
    YELLOW 2006 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II - for snowboarding season - 2006-03-18
    ... so, yea, I have some debt

I've been out there on m own. Great location! I can't wait for the track to be built.
    I have been spreading the word around to my non -bike friends. Lots of people are interested.
    '01 SV 650 S
    '08 Gary Fisher mtn. bike
    '69 Austin Healey Sprite
    '92 GTI