Thread: Genoa Motorsports Park????

Genoa Motorsports Park????

Has anyone heard about this new track currently being built? I was reading RRX and it mentioned that it was being built for autosports and motorcycle sport racing.

The Genoa Motorsports Country Club race track will be a 6.26 mile dual-circuit road course with about 115 feet of elevation change available for private Country Club membership use (contact us for info on membership) as well as car and motorcycle club rental and open test and tune use.

With two circuits on hand, Country Club members can receive private access to one of the 3+ mile circuits while, simultaneously, the other is being used for club rental or open test and tune. Various clubs have already shown interest in 20 weekends for the 2008 season already. Contact us for info on track rental for your club.

The track will be located near Genoa, Colorado, equally accessible from Denver and Colorado Springs, one mile south of I-70 exit #371. Read more about the plans for the track and also visit our new FAQ's page.

What's New:

Current Update:
    posted on 10/9/07
    We have engaged Denver based BY Group (BYG - www.bygroup.com) to coordinate our construction and planning, as well as state and county building permit needs (their tag line is "Integrating architecture and construction"). We chose them after interviewing several firms and feel they will give us the logistical/construction/management integration we need. The folks at BYG have been on the property several times and are extremely excited to be a part of this.

Martyn Thake and Kyle Chism (the track design team - Motorsports Consulting) are very pleased with the selection of BYG since they will need to work closely with them to be certain the track they have designed is properly constructed. Martyn and Kyle are still responsible for all aspects of the track construction itself and BYG will coordinate the various construction phases. Both BYG and Martyn/Kyle will work together on the Master Plan layout to be certain areas such as the hot pits, paddocks, garages, condo/garages, etc work together properly.

Secondly, and in conjunction with BYG, we have also engaged JR Engineering out of Colorado Springs (http://westrian.com/jr/). Their first effort is to get the engineered survey completed. They expect to finish this in the next three to four weeks and will include aerial topography. JR Engineering was also involved in Pikes Peak International Raceway when it was built.

posted on 9/11/07
    We'd like to announce another supporting business for our project - The Motorsports Gallery. You can find their logo down at the bottom of our page. Please visit their site and thank them for their support!

posted on 9/5/07
    An update on our progress: there are many things that take time and are behind the scenes and therefore out of sight to many. We want you to know that we have been extremely busy with several items that we hope to announce very soon and will demonstrate the progress we have been making. If you are on our email list you will be kept up-to-date sooner. If you are not on our email list, just send us an email (genoamotorsports@yahoo.com) and we will add you.

We've also added a Memberships button to the navigation bar on the left. Please visit that page to find info on our Membership Plans.

posted on 8/16/07
    Just a note to let you all know that we've updated our Progress Updates page. Be sure and check that page regularly for news on where we're at in each phase. We'll continue to post major announcments here on the homepage but we'll also post minor updates in that section that might not get mentioned here.

posted on 7/26/07
    We got mentioned in a couple more magazines, one being Vintage Motorsport on page 10, and the other was a new magazine called High-Performance Driving on page 7. We want to thank all the publications who are helping to highlight our plans. Click the magazine covers below to read the articles:

posted on 7/19/07
    Genoa Motorsports Country Club is pleased to announce:
    Genoa Motorsports Country Club has retained Vedder Price (Timothy O'Donnell, Michael Turgeon, and John Blatchford) who has substantial experience in structuring and representing motorsports country clubs.
    Vedder Price website

posted on 6/20/07
    We got a nice mention in Victory Lane magazine, a publication focused on Vintage and Historic racing.
    We scanned it in here...

posted on 6/4/07
    Taken from the June 5th issue of Autoweek:
    "At an impressive 6.26 miles, this new course has been designed by Martyn Thake and Kyle Chism. There are two subcircuits, and each of the three can be run in either direction, making for six options. The site is 2700 acres of rolling prairie land about 95 miles southeast of Denver International Airport. The business plan includes both private memberships and rental by outside car and bike groups. There’s ample real estate for additional facilities, and proposals are being invited. Membership pricing has not been released, but the developer says it will be similar to Autobahn. Opening is expected to be next spring... "

Read the rest of Autoweek's article on the growing phenomenon of country club style tracks.

posted on 5/23/07
    Sports Car magazine, the SCCA publication, has a great article titled "New Racetracks on the Horizon" in their new May issue. It mentions our project and others.
    We scanned it in here...

posted on 5/20/07
    Joey Bunch of the Denver Post did a great write-up on amateur racing in Colorado and mentioned the new race track plans.
    Read the article...

Read past announcements here...

We'd like to thank the following for supporting our project:

Re: Genoa Motorsports Park????

Yeah. It's a country club - I sincerely doubt that you'll see them open it up to CSC.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

Quote Originally Posted by Aracheon View Post
    Yeah. It's a country club - I sincerely doubt that you'll see them open it up to CSC.
    The country Club style race tracks have been working very well in Texas for quite some time, trackdays are very common and rentals of the tracks isnt as hard as you may think.

Dont count on $35 all you can ride, there is no where in the country that does anything like that except Colorado (in the past at 2nd Creek). I would much rather have a higher entry fee and actually have an organised day with an Ambulance on track, but that's just me.

A lot of poeple are very negative about the Genoa idea because they REALLY want the HPR track built, and want that track to have all the attention. I just dont get some people some times
    It is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    The country Club style race tracks have been working very well in Texas for quite some time, trackdays are very common and rentals of the tracks isnt as hard as you may think.

Dont count on $35 all you can ride, there is no where in the country that does anything like that except Colorado (in the past at 2nd Creek). I would much rather have a higher entry fee and actually have an organised day with an Ambulance on track, but that's just me.

A lot of poeple are very negative about the Genoa idea because they REALLY want the HPR track built, and want that track to have all the attention. I just dont get some people some times
    Colorado can always use another track. And when you have 12 clubs that already have $850K going towards the developement of their own track, of course they will want to back their own track.

The main thing with genoa is the lack of info on progress. I suppose that is the way they want it.

High Plains Raceway is lacking 2 things and soon it will be pared down to one. The first is the approval of the USR application. When approved that will let CAMA close on the land which is under contract. Second is money, ground breaking won't begin until they have enough to have at least a usable facility. The more money raised the better the comforts(indoor plumbing, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by neh View Post
    Colorado can always use another track. And when you have 12 clubs that already have $850K going towards the developement of their own track, of course they will want to back their own track.

The main thing with genoa is the lack of info on progress. I suppose that is the way they want it.

High Plains Raceway is lacking 2 things and soon it will be pared down to one. The first is the approval of the USR application. When approved that will let CAMA close on the land which is under contract. Second is money, ground breaking won't begin until they have enough to have at least a usable facility. The more money raised the better the comforts(indoor plumbing, etc)
    12 clubs? at first i thought someone said CAMA was 4 clubs (1 motorcycle and 3 car), then it was 5 (CAMA clubs), now I hear the new track will be made up of the 5 CAMA clubs plus 3 private investors (but they wont have any rights over the CAMA clubs), if that's right where are the other 4 clubs making 12 in total?

At one stage I thought someone said that they already bought the land, now they still are waiting for another application to be approved before they can close

seems like a little bit a cloak and dagger at times because of all the false (meaning unnoficial) speculation, and yet people like rip on the Genoa project for not disclosing information, crazy huh but hey, I am still new to Colorado and am still trying to figure out how things work around here
    It is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    12 clubs? at first i thought someone said CAMA was 4 clubs (1 motorcycle and 3 car), then it was 5 (CAMA clubs), now I hear the new track will be made up of the 5 CAMA clubs plus 3 private investors (but they wont have any rights over the CAMA clubs), if that's right where are the other 4 clubs making 12 in total?

At one stage I thought someone said that they already bought the land, now they still are waiting for another application to be approved before they can close

seems like a little bit a cloak and dagger at times because of all the false (meaning unnoficial) speculation, and yet people like rip on the Genoa project for not disclosing information, crazy huh but hey, I am still new to Colorado and am still trying to figure out how things work around here
    CAMA- colorado amateur motorsport associates
    Made up of 5 clubs
    MRA-motorcycle
    SCCA
    PCA-porsche
    RMVR-vintage
    MCCA-multi car club alliance made up of 8 clubs-- alfa, audi, bmw, lotus, viper, CECA(colorado exotic car association), lotus and z club of colorado.

The only investors are the clubs and their members.

You get in trouble when you only listen to 3rd parties and not research it yourself. If you go to www.highplainsraceway.com and read the FAQ, capitol campaign, and news releases then you will have first hand info about all parties involved. 99% of all questions are answered on the HPR site.

If you go to the contact page you will see the MRA contact is GECCO-Glenn Conser, MRA rep to CAMA. If the web site doesn't answer all of your questions then Glenn probably can.

Hey Clarkie, I can point out Glenn if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Hey Clarkie, I can point out Glenn if need be.

LMAO thats just funny stuff
    Casey D

Seasons over, I cant get in trouble now can I?

So is this dude lying about what he posted? #2 seem a little strange to me...

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    Just got back from the meeting, and I have to say it was EXTREMELY informative. There was a lot of info, so I will try to pass on as much as I can to the best of my recollection.

1) Timing. The rumors of "they're laying pavement - we'll be riding in the spring!" are wrong. The team has finished the design, been approved permits and zoning, and all they need is a USR (Use by Special Review) from Arapaho County. Once this is approved, they will be prepared to CLOSE on the property. The funding for this phase is ALREADY AVAILABLE. Basically, left over funds contributed by the 5 main CAMA clubs to Second Creek have been transfered over to the High Plains capital campaign, and will be used to secure the property. The goal is to close on the property by year end (THIS YEAR!). This would allow for grading work to commence in the spring, assuming financial needs are satisfied.

2) Money. As one person noted in the audience, the "thermometer" on the website gives an inaccurate perception of what is really going on. In addition to the money pledged by the 5 clubs, and donations from the capital campaign, it was disclosed that CAMA is setting up a "friendly loan" program with individual contributors. Those with the finances that allow it, have agreed to provide (very large) contributions to a newly created private loan company. This loan company will be made specifically for the purpose of making up some of the slack in financing the track. While there were concerns of giving private investors some control over the track, it was made clear that most investors are CAMA members. Additionally, three law firms are involved in the process to ensure both the investors are protected (in case CAMA defaults), and that CAMA is protected (from an overbearing investment group). Work is presently being done to finalize this legal documentation to allow this funding to proceed. The legalities should be completed within the next 2-3 weeks.

3) Usage. First off... THIS IS NOT A PRIVATE TRACK!!! The track will be owned and operated by CAMA, or an entity owned by CAMA. As such, the 5 CAMA clubs will have priority over usage... primarily weekends. This includes what was described as "the main 32 weekends". These weekends consist of the time from April-Oct. (which are the anticipated high usage months of the track.) While this had me slightly concerned, they did point out that the track may be rented on the few available weekend days by private clubs. Rental rates will be slightly higher for non-CAMA clubs (such as CSC). No rental rates have yet been determined. There was some discussion for allowance of "open days" on week days, but the details of such events is beyond their scope of concern at this point.

4) Track Details. All corners will have 1-2 degrees of banking, or be flat. There are no off camber corners. The tightest corner is an 80-foot radius hairpin (for comparison, turn 7 at Pueblo is 60-foot). However, there are some gnarly downhill/uphill sections that occur at corner entries/exits that will be pretty damn interesting. There is also a "corkscrew that is copied directly from Miller."

5) Visitation. Bob Alder, one of the spokespeople for this venture, will be offering a tour of the track site THIS SATURDAY. He asked me if I wanted to set up a firm time, and I told him I wanted to wait to see if there was more interest. If you are interested, let me know and I will give you his phone number. I just don't want to post it directly in this thread. If there is interest, meaning, at least ONE person, he'll gladly meet you at the cafe off the Byers exit at 10am, Saturday the 20th to show you the property.

One person asked quite simply, "what's your gut feel of this thing happening." The gentleman in charge of finances (who's name I forget) simply replied, "I can tell you right now that I'm very confident this track will be built." After hearing the things discussed at this meeting, I am too!

If any of you have been reluctant to donate, I strongly suggest you think twice about it. The guarantee was repeated at tonight's meeting... "If for some reason this whole thing falls through - ALL MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED!"
    It is what it is

Board Newbie

First, I just found this site and my apologies for not finding it sooner.

We are earnestly trying to make bikes a part of our community, why else would we want to go the extra effort to get an FIM cert along with the FIA cert? We believe bikes shouldn't be an after thought in track design which it seems to us happens all to often. I think this is also noted by the article in RRX. We realize cars are the more predominant vehicle (we are car road racers ourselves) and they may be the largest group of track users, but the bikes need a relatively safe place to play too. I think a fundamental part of our track design also bears note - we anticipate no sand pits for run-off - good for cars and riders and fencing will be farther away than most tracks (FIA/FIM level 2 requirement).

As to announcing our progress - we only put on our website what has been signed/sealed and delivered (I could tell you we are seriously looking at having a bike pro, but what good does it do until we have a signed agreement?). This usually means we've already spent time and money getting it done. We have several things simply waiting at the webmaster to get loaded (wait until you see the elevation lines on the topo map - soon to be posted). Interviewing firms and then defining scopes all take time. The survey process (track data accumulation, survey, aerial photos, etc) took over five weeks after we interviewed and negotiated with JR Engineering. BY Group has already delivered several items to us, including a construction schedule (no, we won't be posting that item for several reasons including construction is always subject to change for a variety of reasons).

We also put more info out to those on our email list - send me an email and you get on (usually once a month or so). We've also had many people email me directly with specific questions and I do my best to answer them.

With two circuits, our country club members will have one while the other will be available to groups such as yours (we do have 20 weekends already spoken for). We have posted our membership info since this thread was lasted posted in - they all have "unlimited" track use. Both circuits (as well as the full 6+ mile circuit) is specifically designed to run both clockwise and counter-clockwise - and I'll tell you each direction is totally different from the other. We have a lot of elevation changes between turns and even in some turns themselves, on camber, off camber, blind turns, sweepers, tight turns, etc that will keep you challenged for a long time. A couple of riders who we've taken to the site had good things to say. You will get out of second gear.

Kevin
    www.genoamotorsports.com

Kevin, any thoughts on building a purpose built Supermoto track like at Miller?
    It is what it is

Board Newbie

At this time we are not. Our permit will allow it though. We are entertaining conversations with others who might want to run their own race business on the property, this might be a good one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Genoa View Post
    First, I just found this site and my apologies for not finding it sooner.

We are earnestly trying to make bikes a part of our community, why else would we want to go the extra effort to get an FIM cert along with the FIA cert? We believe bikes shouldn't be an after thought in track design which it seems to us happens all to often. I think this is also noted by the article in RRX. We realize cars are the more predominant vehicle (we are car road racers ourselves) and they may be the largest group of track users, but the bikes need a relatively safe place to play too. I think a fundamental part of our track design also bears note - we anticipate no sand pits for run-off - good for cars and riders and fencing will be farther away than most tracks (FIA/FIM level 2 requirement).

As to announcing our progress - we only put on our website what has been signed/sealed and delivered (I could tell you we are seriously looking at having a bike pro, but what good does it do until we have a signed agreement?). This usually means we've already spent time and money getting it done. We have several things simply waiting at the webmaster to get loaded (wait until you see the elevation lines on the topo map - soon to be posted). Interviewing firms and then defining scopes all take time. The survey process (track data accumulation, survey, aerial photos, etc) took over five weeks after we interviewed and negotiated with JR Engineering. BY Group has already delivered several items to us, including a construction schedule (no, we won't be posting that item for several reasons including construction is always subject to change for a variety of reasons).

We also put more info out to those on our email list - send me an email and you get on (usually once a month or so). We've also had many people email me directly with specific questions and I do my best to answer them.

With two circuits, our country club members will have one while the other will be available to groups such as yours (we do have 20 weekends already spoken for). We have posted our membership info since this thread was lasted posted in - they all have "unlimited" track use. Both circuits (as well as the full 6+ mile circuit) is specifically designed to run both clockwise and counter-clockwise - and I'll tell you each direction is totally different from the other. We have a lot of elevation changes between turns and even in some turns themselves, on camber, off camber, blind turns, sweepers, tight turns, etc that will keep you challenged for a long time. A couple of riders who we've taken to the site had good things to say. You will get out of second gear.

Kevin
    www.genoamotorsports.com
    Do you foresee an opportunity for individuals or small groups of motorcycle riders from such a club as CSC having and affording the opportunity to utilize the Genoa track? Even if those individuals can't afford to become members?

There are other tracks around (IL and Texas) that use the 'country club' type of business plan and they work very well for everyone, there are always a lot of private trackdays and races at these tracks so i would think the Genoa track would do the same thing
    It is what it is

Board Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Redflash3 View Post
    Do you foresee an opportunity for individuals or small groups of motorcycle riders from such a club as CSC having and affording the opportunity to utilize the Genoa track? Even if those individuals can't afford to become members?
    What Clarkie said.

Here are a couple of links to check out

http://www.motorsportranch.com/
    http://autobahncountryclub.net/
    It is what it is

I've ran MSR before...great track!

Also, www.virclub.com

James