Before I name any dealership names, I want to explain my situation to see if I'm overreacting, and just need to calm the hell down. This is my first time buying a new motorcycle, so perhaps I just need to be told, "this is the way it goes with new models", and I'll shut the hell up.

On October 4th I made a deposit on a certain 2008 model. I was told a delivery time of 7-10 business days. Ok, no problem. The next week the dealer calls me to tell me, "good news - only 7-10 days!" Well, that's what he told me the week before, but I let it slide. Now, I can only assume the dealer waited to place the order until my deposit check cleared, hence the follow-up phone call. This is gripe #1. If the check was going to cause a delay, I wish the dealer would've told me so I could've given him cash. That way the order could've been made with the warehouse instantaneously. But no such warning was provided.

So now, we are on business day 13 of the second 7-10 business day time frame (exactly 3 weeks from date of deposit)... and no bike. I emailed the dealer yesterday for an update, and he told me "any day now, but I can't make any guarantees." I replied, in a very nice email, "how about you knock a few hundred bucks off the assembly fee for my inconvenience." He emailed back two words, and I quote... "That's funny!!!!"

Needless to say, I'm extremely frustrated with this situation. To make things worse, I found another dealer in the Denver Metro area that had the same model ON THE FLOOR 2 days after I made the deposit (back in the first week of October). I feel like I'm just being toyed around with by my dealer and that they really don't give a fuck about me.

Can I get my deposit back? Do I have any kind of recourse here... or am I just overreacting?