Thread: 11/17 Fundraiser Trackday- The need to know thread!

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

11/17 Fundraiser Trackday- The need to know thread!

In the interest of keeping a clean thread with "need to know" info I've consolidated all that info here. In the interest of keeping this thread clean I've locked it. Please look in the other threads for answers to questions you may have (or post up a new question). If you cannot find the info you need feel free to PM me, jplracing or rforsythe.

PLEASE NOTE AS OF 11/10 THE CLASS FOR NEW RIDERS IS FULL. ALL REMAINING SPOTS ARE FOR TRAINED TRACKDAY RIDERS ONLY

Thank you

Scott
    Last edited by rybo; Sat Nov 10th, 2007 at 12:57 AM.

Site Admin

Bike and Personal Preparation

Stuff you need:

1. Full leathers- one piece preferred, 2 piece acceptable if they zip all the way around.
    2. A back protector
    3. A full face helmet (flip ups are not acceptable)
    4. Gloves that extend past your wrist
    5. Boots that cover your ankles
    6. Emergency contact information in an obvious place (tell a friend)
    7. A recognized safety course within the last three years. (see next post for details)

Stuff your bike needs:

1. Bike should be in good condition- no leaks of any kind (including fork seals). All parts should be properly secured to the bike
    2. Tires should have at least 50% tread remaining
    3. Brake pads should have at least 50% remaining
    4. All antifreeze should be drained, flushed, and replaced with straight water or water with water wetter. (this is VERY important)
    5. Mirrors are to be removed
    6. Lights are to be taped over (prefer disconnected)

While there won't be any formal tech inspection, bikes will be spot checked and you will be asked to correct any deficiencies. Do your homework ahead of time and make sure your bike is ready to go.

We have an extremely wide range of speed and experience signed up to take part in this day, from first timers to folks who are very very fast. Lets please remember that this is designed as a TRACK DAY and not a race or race practice. There is no problem (as far as I can tell) with the racers amongst us getting some practice in, but I'm asking you guys to remember it's a track day. We're here to have some fun and be around fun people.

Now, in that line of thinking: Crashing: If you crash in the morning I'm going to ask you to take a significant break. At the discretion of the medics (for checking out you) and a qualified instructor (for checking out your bike) you MIGHT be allowed back out on the track after lunch. If you crash after lunch, I'm sorry, but your day is done. Best solution....don't crash.

Finally, we have a whole bunch of people who are showing up just to help out and be a part of the day. These volunteers will be taking on thankless jobs that are so very important, such as watching the gate at the track enterance so that cars aren't crossing the track while we're riding, flagging sessions, watching some of our critical corners etc. Please make sure during the day you say thanks to them.
    Last edited by rforsythe; Wed Nov 7th, 2007 at 08:41 AM.

Site Admin

Instructional Requirements

To ride at pueblo you need to meet one of the following requirements:

1. Have a valid Race License from a recognized organization in the last 3 years (MRA, WERA, CCS, etc)

2. Have taken the Pueblo safety course

3. Have taken some other recognized track school (Keith Code, Jason Pridmore etc.)

If you've ridden at Pueblo already this year then your name should be on the list of approved riders and you will have no issue. If you have not then you will either need to take the course the day of the event or have proof (in the form of a card or a certificate) that you meet the requirements as stated above.

Please let me know if you need to take the course the day of so that we can be sure to have enough instructors on hand.

Site Admin

How to pay

In addition to the info below, please note that there is a cap to the number of people who can participate on this day. The absolute limit is 90 people. This will be handled on a first come first serve basis, those who pre-pay are guaranteed a spot on the 17th. If you show up at the track the day of and 90 people are already there, I'm sorry, but in the interest of safety for all you will be turned away.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Good news, we can now accept online pre-payment for the benefit trackday!
    - Pre-payment guarantees your spot! Walk-ins at the track will be sold on a first come first served basis.
    - Pre-payment guarantees you an entry in the drawing, where PMP has graciously donated 10 free trackdays to the winner!
    - If you need to take the Pueblo class, you can pay for that at the same time!

You will be able to pay at the track (cash or check only please), but again - space is limited. We strongly recommend people pay online beforehand. Paypal will accept credit cards, electronic checks, and of course your own Paypal account.

To pay now, just go to this link, answer the questions, and complete payment. Simple as that!

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Re: 11/17 Fundraiser Trackday- The need to know thread!

I am going to add to this:

I'll cover this during the rider's meeting, but will say it here as well so there are no surprises. Boneheaded riding of any kind will not be tolerated. A few of us that have been running races and track days for a while will be watching, along with an experienced track corner crew. I understand sometimes mistakes happen, people get in over their heads, or misjudge speed/position. However repeatedly riding over your abilities or acting in a manner that puts other riders at risk is expressly prohibited. If we see it, at a minimum you will be required to spend some time with a rider coach. If it's bad enough, you may be asked to park your bike for the day.

Other general rule stuff:
    - No open containers of alcohol in the pits until the track closes at 4pm.
    - All riders must obey flags and the people waving them. Ignoring flags is a serious safety hazard and puts people at risk; anyone ignoring a caution or warning flag will find themselves chatting with me about it.
    - Pit antics also fall under the "boneheaded riding" category - i.e. stunting, etc. regardless of where you do it, or what bike you're on.
    - Pit speed limits apply. If you're going too fast to *immediately* stop if some kid runs out from behind that trailer 4 feet in front of you, then you are going too fast. You may see track officials moving at a higher rate of speed on dirt bikes in the event of a track incident, however we will try to contain that to the back sections where people are unlikely to be.
    - If someone crashes, DO NOT ENTER THE TRACK TO HELP. We have a full track crew, several bike-bound responders, and an ambulance coming to this thing. Running onto a hot track is basically like wearing a shirt that says "run into me please". It doesn't matter who you are, what you know, or how well you know whoever just crashed - please stay in the pit area and let us respond in a controlled fashion. Extra people actually make it harder for us to deal with the scene.
    - Above all, HAVE FUN! This is a track day to help a brotha out, so please remember that if you start getting competitive. You get no points for winning your session, and "oops" moments just close the track for everyone else.

I'm not posting the above to be a hard ass, but these rules are there for safety's sake and for everyone to have a good time. As long as we're all on the same page, it will be a good day!
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Site Admin

track day plan/schedule

8am Track opens

9am mandatory riders meeting
    9:20am Track goes hot
    9:30am Student class begins at Joes Trailer
    12noon Lunch Track Closed
    12:40 Track Hot
    4pm Track Closed

Mandatory Sessions

9:20 Street
    9:40am Fast (all bikes with a number plate must be in the session unless otherwise approved)
    10:00 Student/Newb

These 20 minutes sessions will run until lunch (40min lunch). The track will be closed so that the corner crew and take a break. The Fast session will be out as the first session after lunch (12:40)

During Lunch we will be holding our raffle for the Go Fast Swag and PMP trackdays.

At 2pm the sessions will change to the following

2pm Slow
    2:20 Street
    2:40 Fast

The track will be cold at 4pm and we must be packed up and out of the park by 5pm

Based on the number of people attending we will be using some of the instructors as control riders after lunch. Depending on the traffic and numbers of people per session you may be asked to switch sessions.

Site Admin

We are doing VERY well in collecting pre-payments for the track day. Thank you to all who have already paid!

For those who still have to pay there is some VERY important information.

If you plan on paying with a Credit Card you MUST do that using the link listed above. We will not be able to take credit cards for payment at the track.

(once again, this time with "feeling")

We will not be able to take credit cards at the track. If you are paying for your day with a credit card the only way to do that is through the link above.

Around noon on Friday online payments will close. From then on it is cash or check ONLY at the track.

Thank you

Site Admin

Online payments are now closed. There are 12 spots remaining.

Here is the list as I have it right now. This is the same list that Tammy will be getting when you register for the day at the Vanmar trailer. Between now and then you may be re-classified in the interest of trying to keep the track loading fairly even. In the morning the "Class" group (C) will own one of the sessions, so the people who identified themselves as Slow (s) will be grouped in with the Medium (M) group. Some of the Medium riders really belong in the Fast session, so again, you may be re-assigned before you get there. If YOU feel comfortable moving up a group please let one of our instructors or Tammy know when you arrive.

Please Please PLEASE remember that this is a benefit trackday. There is no trophy at the end of the day and we have a wide range of experience on the track. Please make safe, lots of room kinds of passes, especially if you are passing a newer or less experienced rider.

OK...Last time I'm posting this! See you all tomorrow!

Scott