Thread: Sunday, 11/11, Ride out of Moco!!

Sunday, 11/11, Ride out of Moco!!

Anyone interested in a ride on Sunday at about nine or so? I am going to keep an eye on the weather, but it looks like mid 60s. I could care less about the route. I only want to be out for three or four hours.

Keeper of The Great White Buffalo

Re: Sunday, 11/11, Ride out of Moco!!

yeah I'd be up 3038177274

I may be up for this one.
    It was great through Deckers today, except the typical areas where there is gravel. Temperatures were higher at the canyons than in town, so hopefully tomorrow we'll have some of the same.

D.
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

Sounds good Diego. Will we see the 636 tomorrow?

....yep

She behaved very well today.
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

Sweet! It'll be good so you without the smokescreen now.

lol....yeah
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

Will this be a canyon ride or just highway/city? IF CANYON RIDE what's the level of experience you guys prefer cause I'm still trying to get used to it lol
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Some high speed experience is good. If you can ride at double the limit plus, in the turns it helps. Always watch out for vehical 1 he is normally out of control. Thats just sat. canyon runs, on sun we try to pick up the pace a little, its kinda like a race but with no real begining and no flag at the end. But of course your welcome to join us.

This will be a ride through the canyons. I don't know where; we'll discuss it in the morning. It sounds like the Deckers run might be the way to go with the road conditions, but I am up for anything. It doesn't matter your skill level. If someone falls behind we always wait up before turning off anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TomB View Post
    If you can ride at double the limit plus, in the turns it helps. Always watch out for vehical 1 he is normally out of control. Thats just sat. canyon runs, on sun we try to pick up the pace a little...
    ....what? who? when? Me? Liar.

Quote Originally Posted by 07GixRsix View Post
    Will this be a canyon ride or just highway/city? IF CANYON RIDE what's the level of experience you guys prefer cause I'm still trying to get used to it lol

Seriously, we all ride at our own pace, and always wait for eachother. There is plenty of Bull-shtn, and riding; so come along and have some fun.
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

Yea I think I might, I do take my time through the canyons though, specially ones I haven't been at yet.... I'm a Canyon newbie
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Newbie...Again!!! Lifetime Supporter ZX Rider's Avatar

Some high speed experience is good. If you can ride at double the limit plus, in the turns it helps. Always watch out for vehical 1 he is normally out of control. Thats just sat. canyon runs, on sun we try to pick up the pace a little, its kinda like a race but with no real begining and no flag at the end. But of course your welcome to join us.
    2010 ZX-10R

Keeper of The Great White Buffalo

are you guys meeting at moco @ 9 or 10 I can be there closer to 10

It looks like it's almost fifty degrees so I plan on being at Moco at about nine. We'll see who shows up, but I would like to be out of there by nine-thirty.

TomB will be offering cornering drills on turn 7 going uphill at the Horsepower Hill Raceway. He will first demonstrate the incorrect method, followed by (on another bike) with the correct method. Please bring your dust goggles and stand at least 50 feet up the hill as you will get a fine demonstration of crossover technique as TB rides the hill out through the turn. Free firewood available after Tom does the demonstration.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Hella nice day to ride. How was it? I wanted ride sooooo badly, preped bikes all day still had fun though.

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Good to chat with you TomB.Very nice weather this late in the season.Lots of sand and mag-cloride on the roads though.
    Freak'in crashfest on 126/67 yesterday.
    I guess people think it's kinda like a race to the end instead of a ride
    to a destination.Common sense isn't so common.You would think people would learn from others but nooooooo.

Later Bash
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Freak'in crashfest on 126/67 yesterday.
    What happened? Is everyone alright? Anyone from CSC?
    "That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable."